3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: First board bow...tillering help  (Read 732 times)

Offline adam

• Trad Bowhunter
First board bow...tillering help
« on: February 08, 2007, 03:10:00 PM »
Ok this is my first board bow, it is made out of red oak in this picture i have it pulled 10 inches on a long string. To me it looks like the left limb is stiff from midlimb to the tips. But that could just be me. Thats way i posted it here b/c i really don't knwo anything about tillering besides what i read on Mickey's page and it has helped but you guys know a lot more than i do. Thanks in advance for suggestions!!

Psalm 18:33

Offline Dan Chamberlain

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: First board bow...tillering help
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 07:12:00 PM »
Left looks as you described.

Dan

Offline Jason Lester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 09:16:00 PM »
Looks pretty good. I don't know if it is a shadow or not but the right limb seems like you can see the belly. May be just a shadow or it my be the limb is twisting. Or it may be just the angle of the picture. Also are your limbs the same length? Looks like the right one is shorter. Again may be the angle of the pic.  Just remember not to pull past your desired weight.
Jason Lester

Offline adam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 09:50:00 PM »
I think the right limb may be twisting a little. But then again both of them look that way when you get up close so it may just be the way it is sitting. Yes, Both limbs are the same length i think my tiller tree is turned a little.

Offline adam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 10:33:00 PM »
I just went and checked my bow and fixed the left limb. The limbs are NOT twisting it is just the way i have the tillering stick leaning aginst the shop door. Thanks for the help!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©