3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Serious Help with arrows  (Read 193 times)

Offline PSUBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Serious Help with arrows
« on: March 10, 2008, 01:20:00 PM »
Guys, I am currently shooting 68 lbs @28", with a 28" draw. I just got new arrows, CX Heritage 350s. They are over spined even at the origianl length of I believe 31". Bareshaft, they shoot alittle knock right with the stock insert and 125 grain tips. Is there any way that I will be able to get a pretty good spine with the arrow cut around 29". I am doubting this is possible, but could I have enough weight up front to get correct spine?

Offline PSUBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Serious Help with arrows
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 02:01:00 PM »
sorry, it is 58 lbs @28".

Any help?

Offline j.j.johnston

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 02:16:00 PM »
try some 200 gr. tips, and/or build the strike plate out a bit to soften the shafts.

Might work,
60" Toelke Whistler 42@28
60” Toelke Chinook T/D 47@28
60" Toelke Whistler T/D 52@29
60” Toelke Whistler T/D 45@28

Offline fatman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 02:16:00 PM »
Aaron, I'm certainly not an expert, but I just went through this...my R/D longbow, 58@28 (I pull around 27) worked great with CX250's rather than 350's.  They're cut to 29", and I've got 225gr up front, total wt about 595.  The chart on the 3Rivers site shows the 250's as the choice.....
"Better to have that thing and not need it, than to need it and not have it"
Woodrow F. Call

Commitment is like bacon & eggs; the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed....

Offline Diamond Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 02:18:00 PM »
Maybe with 100grn brass inserts and very heavy point, like 250grns.  But I wouldn't worry about leaving them an inch or two long; most people shoot carbons at whatever length they need to get proper spine with preferred point weight.  Paul.
“Sometimes the shark go away, sometimes he wouldn’t go away.” Quint, from Jaws

Offline BRITTMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 02:36:00 PM »
Aaron ,
I just wanted to throw out a different point to you , I always had a hard time tuning carbon shafts out of stickbows so I went back and stayed with aluminum . I just dont have as many problems tuning and its much easier to find the right spine for your set up . Also I like the heavier weight of the aluminum shaft and I dont have to load them up with a very heavy broad head to get them to fly/tune perfect . If you keep having problems give the old aluminums another try , they still fly and kill excellent .

Mike
" Live long and prosper "

Offline PSUBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 02:50:00 PM »
OK, anyone interested in buying a dozen uncut 350s, haha. I would try to return them, but I already glued the inserts in.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©