INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Just a simple Yes or No!  (Read 4290 times)

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Just a simple Yes or No!
« on: January 09, 2011, 11:00:00 AM »
I know this topic has been addressed before but I have took my time in the past week to send pics to peoples emails of some bows I have listed and I wrote Please only serious apply for pics...One person has been kind enough to reply back that the bow he wanted pics of wasn't the grip he preferred and that man was bearbowman...I want to thank him for at least responding back...I have listed several bows and asked even if it was a "No" to at least let me know so I won't waste time writing their names down and I can move on to the next interested person...What ever happened to communications I'll never know...People if I have taken my time to answer your questions and send you pics the least I ask is reply back with some sort of answer....  :readit:  God Bless and now I feel better since I vented...Keefer's <")))><

Offline statedriller

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Just a simple Yes or No!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 11:08:00 AM »
Just common courtesy....
I'm getting more dangerous all the time...

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 11:10:00 AM »
Originally posted by statedriller:
Just common courtesy....
Absolutely!! Jason

Offline Tater

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 11:11:00 AM »
statedriller you beat me to it,... yes just common courtesy.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Charter/Life Member
Big Thompson Bowhunters
United Bowhunters of Illinois
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline seabass

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 11:16:00 AM »
thank you for saying it Keefer.it is nice for people to get back with you so you know what is going on.even when i get stuff people have sent me,i always let them know that i have recieved the item.i like it when the do the same for me.just like statedriller said,just some common courtesy,steve  :thumbsup:

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »
Why not provide pictures of the bow with the post and avoid the hassle of sending pictures to different members and tracking whether you sent them pictures or not?

You obviously have pictures of the different bows so put some pictures with the post and make it easy on yourself.

Good luck with your bow sales.   :bigsmyl:
TGMM Family of the Bow   A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Offline Turkeys Fear Me

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 11:21:00 AM »
Yes, it is a matter of common courtesy.

However, wouldn't it just be easier to post the pics in your classified post.  That way you only have to do it once, not over and over and over.  It is the seller's responsibility to make it as easy as possible for prospective buyers.

When a buyer makes me work to get info, I lose interest VERY quickly.

Think about what it would be like if when you went to 3Rivers, they expected you to resond to the salesperson every time you looked at something.  

Some people just like to window (monitor) shop.

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 11:26:00 AM »
Basic courtesy reminder and retraining.

Many issues, even shooting, require us to revisit the basics on a periodic basis. Getting away from the basics are plans for deteriation and probable failure.

Thanks for the reminder.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 11:32:00 AM »
If it was that simple I would...I have tried and tried and not that smart with all the computer stuff and my question had nothing to do with sending pics on here just responding to me after I sent what I had...I even tried to get my wife to load them here but when you only have limited resources to do it then you do what you can...My pics were sent and the question is about  responding not a pic...I've went to the photobucket thing and I just can't get it...Sorry guys cause if I knew how I would...Thanks anyway...Keefer's <")))><

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 11:33:00 AM »
This is an easy way to upload pictures. It is an alternative to photobucket, this information was given to me by Tim from Braveheart Archery.

The site is called Imagelinky,  http://www.imagelinky.com/
You will still need to resize your pictures before uploading them, but this site will allow you to skip the whole photobucket transfer step.

1.) Resize all pictures to be posted to 640 pixels wide
2.) Open  http://www.imagelinky.com/
3.) Select the “Browse” button on the Imagelinky site. A window will open.
4.) Go to the place on your computer where the picture is stored, select the picture file and click the open button.
5.) From the Imagelinky window click the “Upload” button. Three boxes will appear.
6.) Copy everything from the third box “Forum Link”
7.) Paste everything that was copied into the Trad Gang message box and select “Preview Post”

The picture should have transferred. Repeat steps 3 – 6 to add more pictures.
TGMM Family of the Bow   A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 11:33:00 AM »
've had a couple people ask me for pictures, above and beyond what I post. So far, everyone has gratefully acknowledged receipt of the pictures. If I list a bow for sale or trade though I always include pictures even though it can be a hassle.

Recently I have had a potential buyer convince me to lower a classified price and I thought the deal was done and then SILENCE.  I sent a couple follow up e-mails simply asking if there was still interest or not and the silence continued. Very rude. However, this is only 1 of 3 intereactions I've had.  The other two, with different people, were wonderful.

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 11:37:00 AM »
Thanks Gatekeeper...I'll look into it and if I figure how to do it then Look out...  :D

Offline Turkeys Fear Me

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 11:40:00 AM »
Keefer...

If you would like me to help you with the photobucket thing, pm me.  I'd be glad to.

Do you have a photobucket account?  Were you able to upload your pics to that account?

If so, it's simply a matter of cutting and pasting the URL.

If you're savvy enough to email them, you're savvy enough to post them.  The process is basically the same.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 11:45:00 AM »
The only bug that I had to work out with PhotoBucket was the posting of multiple pictures in the same post. As far as I can tell I can only  cut one URL at a time from Photobucket. So I have to minimize the Tradgang web page -- with the topic open, copy the Photo bucket URL, then maximize the Tradgang and past. Then do it all again for every photo.

Surely there is an easier way to select multiple pics and post all at once?

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 11:49:00 AM »
This thing gatekeeper seems to be working and I might be able to figure it out...Wife will be back from Church in a little while and she knows what a Brouse butten and a Url thingy is...I get yelled at everytime I ask her how to learn something with the computer...  :help:   I did learn how these Graemlins things work and can't leave the little boogers alone...  :biglaugh:

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 12:35:00 PM »
Posting pic's is best.  Sometimes we just can't help but want to see an interesting bow even if we are not too serious about it. You never know.

On the other hand, folks should not leave you hanging.  I have had a couple very well known on this site bow traders/seller give me the impression that they wanted to make a deal and then vanish.  I don’t think it is intentional most times.  I think a lot of times they are wheeling and dealing on so many bows so often they lose track.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 12:45:00 PM »
moving this over to the 'trad gang and computers' since the real problem is posting images - and yes, you've GOT to post images of products to be sold/traded!  that's way more than half the battle with selling/trading goods!
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Andy Cooper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 12:50:00 PM »
You can also get a free Facebook account and upload the pic from My Pictures to your profile, then post them here. I've done it a couple of times, and I'm nearly computer illiterate!
:campfire:       TGMM Family of the Bow       :archer:      

My Father's bow rack is the sky.

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 12:56:00 PM »
Imgur and image linky are easy compared to photobucket.  What i like about photobucket is you can automatically resize all of your pictures when you upload them.  Other than that they all work.  
i am with the other guys/girls on this subject about posting pictures of things you have for sale.  i don't want to have to ask for a picture of something that i want to buy.  
i do have a problem with people pm'ing me of their interest in something i posted for sale, and then not letting me know for sure before i move on to the next person in line.  So "common courtesy" is appreciated.
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 01:23:00 PM »
Lots of great tips on handling pics efficiently-one more: If you expect people to be courteous and sensitive to others,  you will likely be disappointed-that is just how it is.....   :archer2:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©