3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Really heavy broadheads  (Read 560 times)

Offline NorthShoreLB

• Trad Bowhunter
Really heavy broadheads
« on: March 11, 2008, 02:20:00 AM »
I was just flipping thru my latest 3RIVERS catalog, and realised they don't carry RIBTEKs anylonger, one of my favorite heads, but moreover the only 190gr head now is the Grizzly.

I was wandering if with all the new info on FOC, companys would start to develope  real heavy BHs, in the 250 to 300gr, I surely would be one of the first costumers    :thumbsup:        :thumbsup:
"Almost none knows the keen sense of satisfaction which comes from taking game with their own homemade weapons"

-JAY MASSEY-

Offline Bowferd

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Really heavy broadheads
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 02:38:00 AM »
Check out the Tusker, they just put out a new 200 and there are sponsors on TG that sell them. I just ordered some 190s and some 145 to put on my 100 gr brass insrerts. Can't give you a recommendation yet, but will post when I can.
Been There, Done That, Still Plowin.
Cane and Magnolia tend to make good arrow.
Hike naked in the backwoods.

Offline NorthShoreLB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 02:40:00 AM »
Ho yeah, I can make real heavy ones with inserts, but I'm talking about heads for wooden arrows  :bigsmyl:
"Almost none knows the keen sense of satisfaction which comes from taking game with their own homemade weapons"

-JAY MASSEY-

Offline Bowferd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 02:50:00 AM »
That is thier specialty. Get'R'Done is selling them and they are all glue on heads. i special ordered mine to fit some 5575s' that need used up.
Been There, Done That, Still Plowin.
Cane and Magnolia tend to make good arrow.
Hike naked in the backwoods.

Offline NorthShoreLB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 04:25:00 AM »
I want a 270-300gr head  :bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:

-JAY MASSEY-

Offline NorthShoreLB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 04:27:00 AM »
Realised I made a typo mistake on my original post, and corrected it,..sorry

-JAY MASSEY-

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 07:09:00 AM »
look at bob morrison web under new products,prototype broadhead.302 or 400 with and the price is going to shock you.
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline Steve P

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 07:32:00 AM »
ACE also has a 200 gr. glue on. Don't know of any heavier. I believe the head longbowben is talking about is 3 blade screw on. Would have to use a screw on adapter with it(for wood shafts). If a fella went that route, shoot, those are another 75 gr. aren't they? There's some FOC!

Steve

Offline BryanB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 12:36:00 PM »
Try using stone points.  You can make them any weight you want.  I have a few for elk hunting that are 190-200gr. The one in the middle is 200.
Bryan

Offline Dr. Ed Ashby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 01:09:00 PM »
Emanuele,

Patience Grasshopper. What you seek shall soon appear.  :bigsmyl:  

Ed
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline granpa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 01:18:00 PM »
Another vote for going to the Morrison website, 300 grain heads!

Offline Michael Peschek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 01:39:00 PM »
I was just taking a glance at the Foxfire Traditional Archery website and they carry the 190 grain Ribtek's.

I want to move to a 190 grain head. I will be shooting 11/32" wood shafts what do you guys do for field points? The heaviest they make for 11/32" is 160 grain.

Offline NorthShoreLB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2008, 01:41:00 PM »
Granpa 3oogr glue on heads ? I'll check hem out.

Bryan, no stone here  :bigsmyl:  

Yeah, Dr. I would figure someone will start doing something  :bigsmyl:

-JAY MASSEY-

Offline Dr. Ed Ashby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 02:17:00 PM »
Emanuele,

I have consulted the oracles, sought out the witch doctors, cast the bones, read the tea leaves and gazed into the crystal ball. I’ve regularly consumed the magic elixir of spiritual guidance (that’s Tom 101, who has diligently pondered all matter of real consequence for at least 8 years, while sequestered inside finely crafted oaken barrels, lovingly charred in order to purify all thoughts that enter therein.) . All the signs say it is true. So shall it be.   :goldtooth:  

Ed
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline foudarme

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 02:47:00 PM »
we are plenty waiting for a 300-400gr new "ashby" broadhead...

Offline outbackbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2008, 07:10:00 PM »
I believe Rib Teks are still available from a shop in Australia called Archery Supplies.

They have a web site. It is not hard to order online.  :)
Three things you cant take back, time past, harsh words and a well sped arrow

Offline NorthShoreLB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2008, 08:16:00 PM »
Luckely I have several dozens still in the bags,

but I'm waiting impatiently for real heavy stuff to come out  :bigsmyl:

-JAY MASSEY-

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2008, 08:21:00 PM »
I've had the opportunity to see the ones on Morrisons site. They are screw in's, not glue on's. The gentleman who makes them is out of Canada and they are expected to be out this summer. They are 300 grains and are solid. I can't wait to try one. Bob says they blow right through deer.   :bigsmyl:
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline manyletters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2008, 11:36:00 PM »
I will be carrying the Xtreme 300 when it comes out...yes it is a screw on stainless steel  3 blade head with a slight tanto tip...Asgier, the fellow out of Canada that is going to be producing them is doing some final preparations before they go to market. He was at the K'zoo show at Bob Morrison's booth and selling some of the prototypes...they are very easy to sharpen to a razor edge and fly very well on my arrows. I have 3 of the prototypes that "missed" the weight and they are 350gr each...man do they shake a block target when they hit. I am shooting a 45/60 carbon with a 100gr brass plus the 350gr b'head..total arrow weight is just over 700gr..they fly just fine.

The heaviest glue on that I have found is the Ace 200gr Super Express...I carry them as well and they are an awesome head!! With a 125gr steel b'head adapter you get weight the tip up 325gr...

Offline NorthShoreLB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 04:32:00 AM »
Yeah I konw that, I get my RIBTEKs 190 on a 125gr steel adapter for a 315gr head, and than you can get all kinds of weight up front with the PDP sistem, on my alluminum I got a total of 435gr up front like that, with an arrow weight 850gr, .......but I'm talking about manifacturing a glue on BH in the 250-300gr range.

staying on topic would be nice  :bigsmyl:

-JAY MASSEY-

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©