INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: * Picture Posting *  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Plaigh

• Trad Bowhunter
* Picture Posting *
« on: October 08, 2011, 01:11:00 AM »

NOTE: It is best that you have TWO tabs open on your computer - One for PhotoBucket & one for TradGang so you can go back & fourth when posting more than one picture

ONCE you have a PhotoBucket account go to the "UP LOAD NOW" green button - Then Click "SELECT PHOTOS & VIDEOS" - once your picture box pops up Locate the photo(s) you would like to upload, click ONCE on the photo to 'highlight' it & then click OPEN or ENTER(this uploads the photo). Once it uploads click either "SAVE & CONTINUE TO ALBUM" OR the "UPLOAD MORE" button (IF you do not see your photos you will need to locate the file folder that your photos are in).

Once you have uploaded the photos into PhotoBucket click the "My Albums" button located at the top of the photobucket page.

NOW - Click on the photo of the image that you would like to resize. IF you do not need to resize your photo go to step 6

Step 1) Place your mouse over the photo and a menu will appear above the photo:

Step 2) Select "more options" & a drop down menu will appear:

Step 3) Now make sure you change the size to 640 - THIS is critical since TradGang does NOT allow pictures larger than 640 pixels wide

Step 4) Now click APPLY

Step 5) Now click REPLACE ORIGINAL

Step 6) Place your mouse over the photo you want to post and move your mouse down to the IMG CODE. Click on the the IMG code box & this will COPY the image code

Step 7) Place your mouse /cursor in the text box as if your going to type something. Now on your keyboard locate & hold down the ctrl key & click your V key - This will PASTE your image code into the text box.

I think I have everything covered BUT If there is any issues with this tutorial please let me know and I will make it right.

If any one has ANY questions just ask me - No question is a dumb question...

I hope this helps. Happy picture posting     :thumbsup:
“We may roll the dice, but the Lord determines how they fall" Proverbs 16:33 NLT

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: * Picture Posting *
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 03:19:00 PM »
One thing you left out and one of the easiest to do...set photobucket so it automatically resizes your pics to 640 x 480 so you don't have to do it on every picture.   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 04:18:00 PM »
Originally posted by rastaman:
One thing you left out and one of the easiest to do...set photobucket so it automatically resizes your pics to 640 x 480 so you don't have to do it on every picture.    :thumbsup:      :thumbsup:  
yep, and that's covered in the two sticky posts in this forum, about image posting.  :thumbsup:
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Ray_G

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 07:21:00 PM »
... and for those who want to verify that the pasted image is correct, right click on the photo in your Preview Post window and select View Image Info.  The box that opens will have a list on the left side - look for Dimensions.  The first number is the width and should be no larger than 640px.

There were a few guys saying that they selected 640px wide in Photobucket but they pasted larger.  This will show you what you paste before you post into the forum and give you time to fix the problem before the mods have to take action.
Sunset Hill 64" 54# @ 26"  "Destiny"

B.H.A.

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 10:50:00 PM »
i didn't want to be too obvious about that Rob...but since you brought it up...
   click here for more picture help

Thanks Rob!   :wavey:

(and thanks Plaigh)
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©