3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Jack Howard Hunter  (Read 287 times)

Offline FLTrad

• Trad Bowhunter
Jack Howard Hunter
« on: March 11, 2008, 09:20:00 PM »
I need some help. I have a Jack Howard Hunter that I am thinking of selling. The bow is pretty good shape eccept for the four holes on the face of the riser. The person who I gotten the bow from had placed a sight on it. Don't know why almost made me sick. It also has some scuff marks on the glass from the sight. the rest of the bow is in really good shape. I want to be fair with the price but not sure what to ask. There are not alot of them out there to compare with . Hope someone can help me .
         Thanks Alot
           Mark

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Jack Howard Hunter
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 02:04:00 AM »
Not sure of the value of a hunter but the gamemasters are worth the most as far as I know.

What are the specs?  Can you take pictures?  Might be interested.
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline TimZeigler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 07:38:00 AM »
Mark,
I'll give ya $5 whole dollars fer it, cash.  Now thats a good deal  :readit:  Might've been $6 if the holes weren't there.   :D  

How come yer sellin it?  

I haven't seen any go up for sale in a while so its hard to gauge the market, sell it for what you think its worth and there might be someone out there who thinks the same thing and buys it.  If not drop her down till she sells.  Just remember I made the first offer   :thumbsup:  

Also, I'd run it past Rich Lopez (droptine) he knows Howards as good as anyone around.

Tim
USMC 1992-2000
PBS Associate Member

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 09:03:00 AM »
Is it a Lefty...sold!   :wavey:    :goldtooth:
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 09:20:00 AM »
I just saw one sell for around 300.00 if I am not mistaken....somewhat well used and spray painted,along with 2 holes(check with Richie)....bowdoc

Offline Ga.boy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 09:58:00 AM »
Might want to check with Jack Millet (PAPALAPIN) also. He is very knowledgeable about the Howards.
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline FLTrad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 05:37:00 PM »
Everyone Thanks for the help. Dave the bow is 62" 47@28" will try and post some pics thanks. Tim I am selling it because it is to light in poundage and I will never use it maybe someone who really apperciates the bow will do beter by having it I am also getting ready to order a Mike Treadway long bow. The boss tells me one has to go. I will also keep in mind your very genrous offer thanks.
       Mark

Offline FLTrad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 05:38:00 PM »
Bayou it is RH sorry

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 08:44:00 AM »
FLTrad

The downside of a Jack Howard Hunter is that it was not made by Jack Howard.  Jack's customers were pressuring him to come out with a 62' model. His standard model was  66".  Instead of redesigning, he bought about 50 "Hunters" from Damon Howatt, in unfinished condition.  He finished them off with his logo. "Howard Hunting Bow".

What you have is a Damon Howatt Hunter with Jack's logo, and should be priced accordingly, except that it has a bit more collectors value since only about 50 "Howard Hunters" were made.
Although it carries the Jack Howard name, it does not have the Jack Howard limb design which made his Jet, Gamemasters, and Classics so special.

How much does collectors value add to it?  That depends on the collector.  There were only about 50 Howard Hunters nads as compareed to the number of Gamemasters, Jets, and Classics.  The Jack Howard hunter is a pretty rare bow.

I have one, and it is exactly like my three Howartt Hunters.

Now as far as the quality of the bow is concerned, there is nothing "slouch" about a Damon Howatt Hunter".  It is a fine bow in itself, and cherished by many; but, it is not a "true" Jack Howard.

Hope that helps.

As a side note to Charlie lamb.

I can receive e-mails, but they won't go out.  I am not ignoring or avaoiding you.  I will get in touch as soon as it is fixed.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©