3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Forgot my camera today  (Read 557 times)

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
Forgot my camera today
« on: March 11, 2008, 10:22:00 PM »
I usually keepmy camera in the car casue here in New York ya just never knowwhat ya gonna see.

Unlike most 99.9% of you fellow trad people who live thoughout this great country of ours, here in Nassau County Long Island there is no big game or groung birdour dense population and except for some small game such as raccoons, possums and rabbits, there is simply no game here. There is some duck hunting in the water from blinds.
We have to travel to Westcehster and further north or Eastern Long Island, Suffolk County.
While driving home on the Southern Sate Parkway at exit 19 which is only a 10 minute drive from Brooklyn/Queens there was for the first time I've ever seen and from what most have told me not seen in many decades was a Turkey feeding off the side of the parkway. WOW.  I had to pull off the side onto the land divider and watch.
Eastern Long Island does have a great deer season and an ever growing population of turkey where we are hoping for the DEC to finally open turkey season.
Hopefully it's the beginnig of something good, whether huntable or not.
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline MJB

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Forgot my camera today
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 10:25:00 PM »
TURKEY    :bigsmyl:  congrats on the sighting
A Gobbler yelp Spring or Fall is a long conversation.

Offline varmint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 06:32:00 AM »
At least you didn't have it with you...........instead of losing it like I did.  :knothead:
Bowhunting......A way of life and death.

Offline LAR43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 11:57:00 AM »
He's prolly road pizza by now Jim. You know how those SS Pky. drivers are!!  :scared:  

I'll check on the way into the airport this aft.

Larry
Age brings us the priceless gift of experience and knowledge. . . Priceless, but not free.

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 02:16:00 PM »
Larry I thought I was seeing things.  :confused:  Got my camera with me for the drive home. Doubt I'd see'em again.  :pray:  

I only stayed a couple of minutes to watch it. Funny any time a pickup with hunting stickers passed us, they were rubber necking the bird.

Offline hickstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 02:50:00 PM »
I was once in stop and go traffic on route 2 in Mass, right near waldon pond (in lincoln I think) and had a flock feeding on the side of the rode.  didn't have a call with me, so I grabbed a pallpoint ben and ripped the guts out (so I had in a sense a straw).  rolled down my window & used it like a wing bone ....was pretty funny to see them all pick up their heads in unison and zero in on my car....
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 04:19:00 PM »
You should see some of the Toms that frequent the Thruway in Albany Jim! I hope you get to hunt them down there soon.
Any mail yet? LOL.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 06:57:00 PM »
not yet Jamie

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©