3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: GLUEING NOCKS ON CX ARROWS  (Read 354 times)

Offline Big'n

• Trad Bowhunter
GLUEING NOCKS ON CX ARROWS
« on: March 12, 2008, 11:54:00 AM »
How many of ya'll have to glue your nocks on your Cx Arrows? It seems if I don't, I constantly have to turn my arrows before I shoot so the fletchings will clear. Do ya'll have any tricks besides permanently glueing them? Thanks...DAVE
"If you want just one thing too much in life....Your life will likely be a disappointment" Augustus McCrae

Offline Jeff Strubberg

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: GLUEING NOCKS ON CX ARROWS
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 12:47:00 PM »
I glue 'em to keep the weight tubes in.
"Teach him horsemanship and archery, and teach him to despise all lies"          -Herodotus

Offline NDTerminator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 01:25:00 PM »
I use just a tiny drop of fletching cement.  Holds them in but they are easy to remove if I need to...
"As Trad as I wanna be"

"It's all just archery, and all archery is good"

Offline CJ5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 01:27:00 PM »
I've never had that problem. I use 3D Supernocks in Heritage shafts and they are a pretty tight fit.

Offline Big'n

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 01:30:00 PM »
Jeff, that is why I don't glue them now. So when hunting season comes around, I can put in my weight tubes. I used to shoot them year around but it makes pulling your arrows on the 3D course a pain. DAVE
"If you want just one thing too much in life....Your life will likely be a disappointment" Augustus McCrae

Offline Big'n

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 01:34:00 PM »
Kyle, I'm not familiar with 3D supernocks. After market? I generally don't have any probs with this until I get 50 shots on each arrow. They tend to get a little sloppy then. DAVE

Offline CJ5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 01:45:00 PM »
Big'n.......they are made by Easton, and are for aluminums with super bushings or "standard" sized carbons without a bushing. They won't fit the smaller carbons like the ST Axis.

Offline pseman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 02:44:00 PM »
I shoot the Bohning signature nocks in my CX Heritage 150's and they stay in place better than the standard CX nocks. They are still not too hard to turn if need be.
Mark Thornton

It doesn't matter how or what you shoot, as long as you hit your target.

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 03:30:00 PM »
I just bought a doz CX heritage shafts I hope that I don't need to worry bout gluing in the nocks that'd suck.I sometime hafta swap out nocks that have been damaged without ruining the shaft ,it hasn't been a problem on my ICS shafts

The nocks that came with the CX are differnt are they looser??
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline PICKNGRIN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 03:37:00 PM »
I got a good tip from someone here on Tradgang.  Before inserting the nock place a small piece of a plastic grocery bag (about 1" square or so)over the end of the nock. Start to push the nock into the shaft, and stop about half way in and trim off the excess, then push the nock all the way in.  Works great to tighten up nocks!

Offline scriv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 04:37:00 PM »
Three rivers has a nock taper you can glue in and then put standard nocks on.  That's the way I'm going.  Of course you have to have all your "insides" the way you want them first.
Shoot strait and have fun!

Toelke Whip
Black Widow PLX
A&H ACS-CX
Hoyt Formula RX

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 04:56:00 PM »
silly ??? why weight tubes in an arrow that can easily be made over 600 grains without it ??   :confused:
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline LEOPARD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 06:41:00 PM »
I don't glue mine, and don't find that they shift much either. If I did, I'd use a drop of super glue.  ;)   :thumbsup:
Nigel Ivy

"The more I practice, the luckier I get...."

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 07:39:00 PM »
A wrap of Teflon plummers tape cures loose nock issues.
2004 IBO World Champion

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 08:36:00 PM »
3D Super nocks are made by Easton for uni-bushing and 5/16" carbon arrow.They are my preferred nock for those arrows.3D Super nocks have the widest and deepest throat of those type of nocks.I have used them in my Carbon Express Heritage.Inside diameter on CX I believe is .244 and the inside diameter for GT,Beman ICS,Carbonwoods and a few others is .246.So 3D Super and regular Super nocks will fit alittle snugger.But if you like your nocks I do like others have said but I use alittle saran food wrap to snug up nocks and I use the saran wrap for bareshaft tuning before I epoxy in the inserts.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©