3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What's the sharpest ,straight outta the box ,screw in BH?  (Read 1150 times)

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What's the sharpest ,straight outta the box ,screw in BH?
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2008, 08:05:00 AM »
Just got 2 packs of Silver flames from Mr. Herb...they are without a doubt the sharpest...I liked them so much I just ordered some 180..now I have 150 and 180 for my pig hunt in april...this is the best place on the net!!!! :)I have worked in a archery bow shop have tried all mentioned , they dont come close to German Kinetics silver flames PEROID!!!!!!out of the box
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline bloodyarrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2008, 08:10:00 AM »
Stingers, also the
G5 BH's are very sharp also.
Hunting The Way of My Ancestors
(The Traditional Way)

Eddie

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2008, 09:06:00 AM »
Silver Flames are so sharp you almost can't do any thing with them. The first time I drew one the back side of the blade touched my finger. it bled for an hour

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2008, 09:18:00 AM »
Yeah Mike....the Zephrys are sharp out of the pack....very sharp....and easy to keep them sharp as well.  Probably the 2nd sharpest head I've ever bought 'out of the pack'.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2008, 09:23:00 AM »
The Razorcaps and Muzzy Phantoms have been really straight. I don't worry too too much about sharpness out of the package as I shoot all my arrows once or twice with the bh to make sure they are shooting properly. Then I sharpen them to my liking.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Ga.boy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2008, 09:35:00 AM »
Razorcaps
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Madpigslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2008, 01:37:00 PM »
'nuther vote for silverflames. If you even LOOK at them directly you cut your eye.
...gosh this is hard.

Hailey (5) 3 minutes into a pilates workout

Offline herb haines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2008, 02:03:00 PM »
Silver Flames sharpest on the market -- herb
"Heaven is just over the next ridge......"

Hello Darlin'

Offline rxhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2008, 02:05:00 PM »
I vote for silver flames---definately the sharpest I have seen---they shave you good--good idea to wear leather gloves when handling too!

Offline Dr. Ed Ashby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2008, 02:07:00 PM »
Silver Flames.

Ed
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Red Boar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2008, 02:24:00 PM »
Honestly, the only folks that don't think Silver Flames are the sharpest are the only ones who haven't handled one.  They are the benchmark for what sharpness it.  Expensive, yes.  Worth it, yes.
Treadway "Black Swamp"
Super Shrew
'62 Kodiak Magnum

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2008, 04:21:00 PM »
Ya'll know what I'm going to say as i have said on here for a couple of years now........German Silver Flame
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2008, 06:51:00 PM »
Forget it...$35 a piece? I'm out.
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Red Boar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2008, 07:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by Biggie Hoffman:
Forget it...$35 a piece? I'm out.
Not sure where you got the 35 dollar a piece price from.  I found them for 66 dollars a 3 pack...makes them 22 dollars each.  Still not bargain basement, but it seems very reasonable for a head that is not designed to be a throw-away item. Once you've seen them you'll agree they are the best in the world.  They maintain their amazing edge after many uses and can easily be touched up when needed.  Considering the hundreds to thousands of dollars we spend on equipment, tags, licenses, travel expenses for hunts,etc.,  it doesn't make much sense to scrimp on the only piece of equipment that does the actual killing.  How many shots do any of us get at game each year?  When the moment of truth arrives, I am glad to have them in the quiver.
Treadway "Black Swamp"
Super Shrew
'62 Kodiak Magnum

Offline Red Boar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2008, 07:20:00 PM »
German Kinetics USA has them 3 for 66.99 now....see below: (by the way...I get nothing for being a admirer of these broadheads, wish I did :-)...thought those unfamiliar with them might enjoy the description from the site).

"SilverFlame broadheads incorporate an amount of structural integrity that invariably one searches in vain with most other manufacturers. Only an ingenious construction, based on solid design, combined with the correct materials, constitutes a first-class product.

The facts speak for themselves:

Ferrule Material: AlZnMgCu1,5 F53 Internationally better known under the ASTM designation 7075 T6

This high-strength aluminum alloy contains a tensile strength of 540 N/mm² which is approx. 1.5 times stronger than average construction steel and is used in many cases, where high-strength, but light materials are needed.

Aircraft engineers as well as the top technical designers of world class racing bicycles, appreciate the advantages derived from this material. The ferrules are manufactured in a CNC process. They are in turn ground in a vibratory in order to remove even the finest remaining burr particles. The surface finish will be done with anodizing in the color black silk matt.

As technical characteristic the ferrules show a "round butt", thus a radius to the arrow shaft. Consequently the use of conical washers (U.B.A.R.'s etc.) is eliminated, thus minimizing retraction resistance of the arrow from the practice target.

The thickest portion of the ferrule has a diameter of 8.5mm (> 21/64”) and is thus somewhat thicker than most of today’s more common carbon hunting shafts, with diameters amounting to somewhat less than 8mm (5/16”).

The transition between the main body and the shank, which get screwed together with the thread into the insert, was turned not on 90°, but provided with a small radius by 0.5mm. This radius effectively provides two distinct advantages, an increased bending stability and allows for the self-centering in the insert of the arrow shaft. Blade

Material: X90CrMoV18

Internationally also known under the ASTM designation 440 B. You will recognize that alloy from high-grade hunting knives as well

In actual bowhunting practice you will appreciate the first-class combination of edge-retention and easy resharpening.

The blades are a ready to use right out of the box! That’s right, both the assembled broadheads as well as the replacement blades are razor sharp and will take the hair off your arm effortlessly. Handle with the utmost precaution!! SAFETY FIRST AND ALWAYS!! CNC-Laser cuts the blades from a tool steel board. The thickness of 1.80mm (.071”) and the grinding of the cutting edges are made in a CNC wet-grinding process to preserve the hardness of the steel. No other manufacturer offers this blade strength!! Prior to this process the blades are bead-blasted and vibratory ground.

The blades are precisely tempered to 55-57 HRC. In order to ensure a homogenous molecular structure of the steel, the blades are then subzero quenched in a special cooling chamber.

The final process in achieving razor sharpness is accomplished by de-burring of the edges on a wheel containing elephant leather and a special polish paste.

The rear blade (trailing edge) is not sharpened at the factory. This feature serves the intended purpose, as well as the rounded off ferrule, an easier arrow retraction. All blades have a cutting diameter of 1-1/8" to meet all relevant hunting laws and regulations worldwide.

The treatment of the blades is made by a specialized company for high-quality industrial knives in Germany’s "knifemaker capital city" SOLINGEN. Screws

The two screws used for blade attachment (M2.5 x 5) are made from stainless steel (V2A).

The screw head has a TORX drive (T6), which is considerably more durable than a hexagonal or slot drive.

The screws are not standard parts. They are manufactured exclusively for the SilverFlame Broadheads. The radius of the screw head corresponds to that of the ferrule.

Three broadheads per pack.

Availability: Usually ships the next business day.

sf-150Regular price: 79.99Sale price: 66.99"
Treadway "Black Swamp"
Super Shrew
'62 Kodiak Magnum

Offline Three Arrows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2008, 07:24:00 PM »
Silver Flames are the sharpest and most durable I ever saw.  You can cut yourself very easy with 'Flames and not even know it.  They are sharp man!

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2008, 07:30:00 PM »
Biggies just joshin ya....he spends that much at Dunkin Donuts for brunch every day.

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2008, 07:32:00 PM »
Originally posted by Red Boar:
Honestly, the only folks that don't think Silver Flames are the sharpest are the only ones who haven't handled one.  
Yeah......probably so.

Offline dagwood64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2008, 07:32:00 PM »
Does this Silver Flames have a website?
DEER THE OTHER RED MEAT!

62" Sasquatch T/D Hybrid 47@28
64" Sasquatch T/D Static Tip RC 50@28
64" Flatliner Stealth 45@29
64" Thunderstick III 55@29, for now.
60" Big Rock Black Hunter 35/40@28 (Daughter's)

Sirach 2:1-11

Offline Red Boar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2008, 07:45:00 PM »
Originally posted by dagwood64:
Does this Silver Flames have a website?
The company name is German Kinetics.  
  ;)  
 http://www.german-kinetics.com/
Treadway "Black Swamp"
Super Shrew
'62 Kodiak Magnum

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©