3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Martin Vision Longbow questions  (Read 1060 times)

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
Martin Vision Longbow questions
« on: March 12, 2008, 10:14:00 PM »
Does anyone know how much a Vision cost when it was new? When exactly were these made? What might the value be for one today?
John

Offline deadpool

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Martin Vision Longbow questions
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 10:17:00 PM »
I think it cost somewhere around $479.99...
I think they discontinued it because it could'nt keep up with the savanna, as for thier value I seen guys sell 10/10 condition visions for as low as 225

Offline Magnum in Ms

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 11:03:00 PM »
The Vision was a 66" longbow and Martin has just recently replaced it with another 66" longbow , the Venom.
  I have a Vision and it is a good shooting bow. In good shape its worth about $250 IMHO.
Every one is ignorant its just on different subjects

Offline Toxophilite

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 11:22:00 PM »
The Martin Vision longbow is a fine, easy shooting longbow with a low wrist recurve grip. It's a workhorse bow, nothing fancy, but very efficient.
Like "Magnum" said, Martin replaced it with the "Venom" bow in 2008.
I've seen Visions go for anywhere from $250 in good condition to $375-400 for "10's".
We all ought to defer to Howattman,  who has some nice ones, for more details about this bow.
Obviously, Larry Hatfield would be another "ultimate" source for info on the Vision.
I'm only as good as my first shot.

Offline Toxophilite

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 10:57:00 AM »
Just saw where a non-Tradgang sponsor has new visions for $479.99 + shipping (probably just some in-stock bows).  There are probably other new ones out there for around that price.
Doing a little more research, it looks to me like really nice Visions should run about $325-@350 used...
I'm only as good as my first shot.

Offline Smallwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 11:00:00 AM »
i would say about 275 for one in good shape.

Offline Howattman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »
The Vision was made from 1997 to 2007.  There weren't any significant changes during this period, although in 2006 the wood limbtip overlay was discontinued and only the black phenolic overlay was used.

When the model was introduced, they went for around $350.  There are a few shops that still have 1 or 2 in stock (I recently picked up a brand-new 60# 2007 model), with prices around $400 typical.  They can be had for less, however.  The average price of a good to excellent condition used Vision seems to be running around $300 to $350 (although you can get lucky and get them for less every once in a while).

Howattman
Resident Howattologist

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©