3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Have you ever been attacked...  (Read 1086 times)

Offline dinorocks

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Have you ever been attacked...
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2008, 12:18:00 PM »
While I was shooting my 3-D target with my son last year we saw a Red Fox come out of nowhere and pounce on something next to our target (only 10yds away from us).  We thought he caught a mouse...my son and I watched him for a minute when I realized he was eating my arrow!  This happened to be an arrow I harvested a rabbit with a few days prior...maybe he caught wind of the rabbit scent or was attracted to the turkey fletching.  Either way it was worth the arrow to see this!

Dino
"Speedy arrow, sharp and narrow."  GD

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2008, 07:35:00 PM »
Hit me in the mouth with your fist, and you better get ready to rumble. Hit me in the mouth with a Zwickey, and I`ll back off.  :scared:

Offline jrchambers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2008, 07:43:00 PM »
i was charged by 3 trumpeter swans, they wernt joking, they had young and came roaring across a pond.  i put a 10ga round right infront of me and them, big splash. they stopped but didnt give up till i was gone.  i belive if i had stayed i would have had to kill one or all.  they have some serious hooks on those paddles.
same thing has happend with sandhill cranes, but they were in season so the situaton was quickly defused and the oven preheated

Offline Ranger Rick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2008, 07:48:00 PM »
I was once attacked twice by the same squirrel and had to kill it

Offline laddy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2008, 04:02:00 AM »
I have been chased by a badger, a possum, and a spruce grouse. I bumped into a mama moose while portaging a canoe through a northern bog, she was standing her ground to protect her calf. No damage, just a stroke. I had an arrow ripped off my hanging bow by a screech owl.  But last spring was the worst.  I was molested in a bad way by a roving band of hoodlum gay ticks.  It's too terrible to even talk about. Tuck your pants in your boots, practice safe turkey hunting.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2008, 11:07:00 AM »
Laddy, those ticks are the worse.Ive been there as well but Ive been too ashamed to discuss it till  now.I was ashamed and thought it was my fault for dressing like I did.My wife laughed but the tick was tortured in a merciless manner.

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2008, 01:21:00 PM »
I've been stalked by a fox and buzzed by an owl but my favorite was my first exposure to an actual pheasant.  I was a kid and walking home at dusk across a big field.  He blasted off right under me like a feathered land mine. Scared the hooey out of me.

Offline laddy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2008, 01:22:00 PM »
there maybe should be a new group called PETT, people for the ethical treatment of ticks.

Offline Stu

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2008, 02:07:00 PM »
Years ago about dawn felt a "whoosh" by my neck in a tree stand. It was a great horned owl mistaking my ponytail (back then) for an animal. He just missed grabbing my neck, roosted in a tree nearby and looked at me for about 20 minutes trying to see if I was edible. I was really glad he veered off.

Found a porcupine in a ground blind one AM, he would not leave. Tried to sit him out, no change. So finally I started hurling sticks at him, he squeezed out a hole no bigger than my fist.

Last year an opossum repeatedly tried to enter a ground blind I was occupying, like the porky he probably had been nesting there.

It's funny, I hunt where there are lots of bears, timber wolves and grouse. Now it sounds like I'd better keep an eye on the grouse!

Offline bowdude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2008, 02:23:00 PM »
I have to find the old kodak pick and have someone scan it for me.  But I had an 8 point buck I got a bad hit on charge me the next morning and gave me a 5 inch bruise up my left hip.  I had turned sideways to protect the delicate parts as much as possible!   :help:  
  I had thrown the bow aside and was trying to absorb the charge with my hands on his horns as he hit me.  He put me to the ground and thank God he was in a weakened state.  I screamed for my buddy who was helping with the search in thick brush.  He ran over both surprised and laughing as I basically bulldogged him to the ground.  My buddy finished him off while I held him.    :eek:    Don't know if could do that anymore though.  Take closer shots now!

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2008, 07:45:00 PM »
I've been attacked by owls 3 times here in Michigan and 1 time in Colorado. Thats where owlbait came from. Once in Michigan it was a pair of owls that took turns flying at my face.
Most interesting though was a vulture that was inside a box blind on public land. I heard a noise as I was walking to my stand an stopped to investigate and this big nasty bird started hissing and beating his wings on the inside of the blind. After I settled down I found a long stick to prop the door open in case he couldn't get back out the window.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline baretraks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2008, 08:10:00 PM »
A couple of years ago while bowfishing, I was pushed to the edge of Sandstone Falls in Summers co. WV by a Mama Canadian goose and all of her baby's. This set of falls is about a fifty foot drop to the rocks below, and anyone who knows this area will agree with me that you dont want to go over these falls.....The New river has killed more people than cancer and smallpox combined!!!
I didn't want to kill the ole girl in front of her kids, but when I got to the edge of the falls, I think she had enough smarts to know that when I pulled back the string on the bow and pointed it at her, the rules had changed a bit. She finally moved away from me and I escaped unscathed!!!!
" Life is hard. It's even harder if your stupid."
-John Wayne

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©