3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: German Kinetic ?? 160s??  (Read 517 times)

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
German Kinetic ?? 160s??
« on: March 13, 2008, 08:40:00 PM »
Curious- a few years ago I was given a gift of some silver flame broadheads- the package says limited edition. . . with hand written "160 gr."

If these are 160s- can you still find them out there?

Thanks
Dan
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: German Kinetic ?? 160s??
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 09:24:00 PM »
I think you are talking about the "Little Dragonslayer" by German Kinetics.  Do they have an exceptionally artistic blade to them as well?

I have one of the Little Dragonslayers at 160 grains.  Markus said he was intending to make a real heavy weight head with a steel ferrule but it never came together the way he wanted, so he took the prototype blade and put the regular aluminum ferrule on them.  Basically a prototype that never made it into production if that's what you have.

Then again just about any Silver Flame would qualify for "Limited Edition" status!   :D
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 09:32:00 PM »
Tim- That is it!!!  I have three of them.  Thanks- now that you mention it, I did see the ". . .Dragonslayer".  So, is this the same strength and dynamics of the actual Silver Flame?  

Also, I need to get over and meet you.  I have been visiting with Jim Jones. He is going on a hunt with me this year!

Dan
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 10:06:00 PM »
Cool Dan, he mentioned that but I didn't know who it was he was hunting with.    :D    

As far as I know the Little Dragonslayer would perform as well as any other Silver Flame, he just intended to put a steel ferrule on them and in the end went with the same aluminum on the rest of the heads.

I have been resisting the temptation to use the one I have as God intended!    :help:

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 11:28:00 PM »
Any pics?  :)

Offline Falk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 09:37:00 AM »
Dan,
which one are you looking for, 4th or 6th position?

Offline herb haines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 10:06:00 AM »
little Dragon slayers <6th position> are no more , bought the last Marcus had a few years ago also no more of the 1 7/8" 185gr .
on the market at the moment 100g,125gr,150gr ,180 gr  ,210gr and coming hopefully in a few months 125g and 150 g in 1.5"  :)  .got to love the Silver Flames , deadliest thing on the end of an arrow -- herb
"Heaven is just over the next ridge......"

Hello Darlin'

Offline flatbowMB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 10:23:00 AM »
Is there any way of convincing Marcus to make these with single bevel edges?  Also to design a glue-on line?

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 10:57:00 AM »
I have 1 of the #6, I think that's what Dan has too.    That 210 looks like a tank killer!   :D

Offline herb haines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 01:46:00 PM »
Flatbow , really dought it on the single bevel ,work fine the way they are on everything including Cape Buff .
if i would get off my butt and order some ,i have an adapter i have had on some woodies for over a year  that are fantastic for screw ons , use them for my Silver Flames . use screw on field points at our club indoors in a concrete basement bounced them of enough concrete to really test them out and never hurt one yet , will be in the neighbourhood of $24 /doz but worth it .willget off my butt and order some today -- herb

ps have asked Marcus about glue ons and they won't happen

Hello Darlin'

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 02:01:00 PM »
Herb-

Wow- thanks. . . I have #6. I like the wt. and the vent.  I think it may actually be better than some of the more "open" vents which may hang up on tissue (I think Ashby mentions this possible penetration impediment).  These things are SCAREY sharp.  

Can a guy get anymore of these?  

Thanks for responding to my questions
Dan

Offline Falk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 06:16:00 PM »
Dan,
Tim has described their story quite well, and I don't think there are any Dragonslyaers left   "[dntthnk]"  

However, the first production run ('null series', 2003) of the 165gr SilverFlame came out a little light and were only 160gr. The 165gr were later discontinued together with the 140gr when Markus decided to produce only the weights which are demanded the most (125, 150, 180).
I used the 165-null-series in Africa and have still some unopend original 3-packs left ...

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 06:56:00 PM »
Falk- you got a pm.

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 07:30:00 PM »
Are all the silver flame broadheads hunting sharp out of the box?

Offline ZaneD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 07:54:00 PM »
Whittler, yes they are, but the sticker shock will scare you. They're in the neighborhood of $65 per 3pack

Offline SteveB

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 08:17:00 PM »
Absolute sharpest - and stay that way better then any other head out there.

Steve

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 08:33:00 PM »
Scarey  :scared:

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2008, 01:55:00 AM »
SteveB said it right  :)  They just don't lose their edge.
Whacked a doe right in the spine this year...The Silver Flame cut a rib through the middle at a slightly quartering-to angle, continued on to dead-center a vertebrae, completely severing it, and went on about 2 more inches, coming pretty close to exiting out the offside. This was using a 52#@30" DAS recurve with arrows weighing only 435gr. The next morning I was getting ready to resharpen the head and was curious to see if it still had any edge on it...not only did it have an edge, it still popped hair off my arm effortlessly! No disappointments with these heads.

Offline herb haines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 06:28:00 AM »
i charge $73.50 //3 pack plus shipping no they aren't cheap but they are the best . scarry sharp out of the box , both edges and the back so if you use the knuckle of your bow had as a draw check DON"T or dull the edge as it will lay it open -- herb

Hello Darlin'

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2008, 09:49:00 AM »
I bought a couple 3 paks of 150 Silver Flames from Herb a year or 2 ago.
I always like to practice/test with 1 broadhead of several brands, over the year and during the hunting season.

I've been using 1 each of the Silver Flames 150, a Magnus Stinger 150, a sharpened Sasquatch 150 (?) 2 blade and a Muzzy 200gr 2 blade on my Glendel Buck target in my basement range since LAST Summer. I can't think of how many times I must shot those heads into the target.
And as I "test" heads, I've shot the Silver Flames more than the others.

I shoot lower poundage. I have one 40lb recurve, and in longbows a 40, a 42 , a 43, a 44, a 45 and a 47lbs. So I really like something extra, extra sharp for the best penetration.

So, I just went downstairs to the basement range to do an unscientific test of all 4 heads on my arm hair. The Muzzy? Dull. The Sasquatch? Dull. The Magnus Stinger? Dull. The Silver Flame? Razor sharp and shaved hair! All after several hundred shots into my Glendel Buck.
I could still use that Silver Flame on an animal right now, after probably 100's of target shots.

All I can say is, Silver Flames are from outer space! If I didn't know better, I'd say they were not from Germany, but from area 51 and found at the Roswell UFO crash site. LOL

The only other head screw in heads I'd like to test next to the Silver Flames this year are the Steelforce Hellfire 150 and new Steelforce Traditional 145. Not testing for sharpness, because nothing will beat the Silver Flames there, but just for overall quality and to test for testings sake. Plus testing if I can get away with the Hellfire with a lower poundage bow.
I'd also like to test those heads on some big fat doe's at about 12 paces.

But almost certainly, the Silver Flames will again prove that they in fact did fall to earth from outer space, and prevail.

I don't know why I keep wasting my time and money playing with other heads, other than just bow/testing fun in the basement. I'm sure I'll buy some Steelforce, find them to be great heads, but yet not from outer space, like the Silver Flames.
Then come hunting season, it will be Silver Flames in my quiver, again.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©