3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: CX Heritage, GT or Blackhawk???  (Read 276 times)

Offline Predator1

• Trad Bowhunter
CX Heritage, GT or Blackhawk???
« on: March 14, 2008, 01:41:00 PM »
I am wantig to try carbons on my Howatt but not sure which would be the best choice. I would like to have something in a wood look-a-like so I've been thinking of the Carbonwoods, Heritage or GT trads. Which of these would be the better arrow? Bow is 55@28 and I draw right at 28". If the carbonwoods, 2000 or 3000 and if Heritage, 150 or 250 and I'm assuming if GT 35/55. I would like to end up around 500-550grs. Thanks

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: CX Heritage, GT or Blackhawk???
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 01:51:00 PM »
I have tried them all and that is a decision you have to make after shooting them.  I like the looks of all three, but I have found there are some bows that would prefer one arrow over another.  

With that said, it seems the Heritage 150 is easier for me to match with many bows in the stable.

Beman makes a nice looking "trad" arrow that many archers like, but I have no personal experience with them.
Lon Scott

Offline Blackhawk7204

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 02:36:00 PM »
I can tell you this, the heritage 150's are a little heavier and far mor durable than the other two. and very consistent spine as well.

Offline Mike Burch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 03:49:00 PM »
Personal preference. My bows like the Easton Epic and Carbonwoods.

The Heritage is the most durable carbon shaft I've tried. Bomb proof!

If you decide to go with the CX Heritage 250, I have a dozen or two that are 30" and longer I'm probley going to sale or trade.

Mike   :campfire:

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 06:43:00 PM »
Mike, now you tell us!! I just bought 2 dozen CX Heritage 250s. They are a great shaft that tune up real nice with my 55#@28" Blacktail recurve. Far better shaft than the GTs for weight and durability I have found. This is a minor thing but the finish and looks are better too. I have not shoot the Bemans. But I hear they are a very nice shaft as well.  REAL HAPPY with the CX!
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 07:06:00 PM »
I worked in archery shop, the GT has to be the worst arrow evermade , there quality control is substandard, and they never have enough nocks when you open there boxes...Cx , Epic , American arrows dynamics will keep americans busy...easton ...   :)
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 08:54:00 PM »
I think the 250s would be a bit stiff even with 225 grains up front unless ya left them long and than they would weigh over that 550 ya want or close. I would try the 150s cut to 29"s or so and play with point weight, but I bet 175 grains up front would get ya darn close and ya would be right around 500 grains and yes the Heitage's are the best choice for quality and toughness, the carbonwoods would be second in line. Shawn
Shawn

Offline Predator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 09:25:00 PM »
Thanks Shawn! One more thing, I would like to try to get a heavy FOC. If I go with the 150's with 175 up front that will be almost a match to what I shoot now and I think they are around 14-15% FOC. My current arrow is a 2114 cut to 29" with a 175 head and the 2114 is 9.9grs/inch vs the 150's 10grs/inch. Would I be able to get a higher FOC with a Carbonwood since they are 8.9 (3000). Assuming the 3000 is what I would need.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©