3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sergio Up Top!  (Read 1277 times)

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sergio Up Top!
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2008, 10:07:00 PM »
Wow! how did this all happen?? I send in an old pic to change my avatar ( because i'm now out of the witness protection program).LOL And I'm honored at the page top.
 I'm not really good at story telling 'er lets see....once upon a time there was this northern ontario indian guide ( really he was a dark italian mistaken for a Indian ) known as Serigo Carpino ( or so he was named by Jim Emerson). He was known to put some of his luckier friends and clients onto some Bears occasionally. And on occasion after his buds had all tagged out he would take some time to hunt himself. On this occasion he was working a bait on the dalton Rd near the grassy river ( An area familiar to all who have shared his home and hunting area) one late afternoon as I was quietly approaching the bait i saw some movement at the bait about 15yds ahead, the wind was with me, so i went into Indian stealth mode. at 10 yds, i'm watching  a 160# bear nervously working the bait, i tapped my bow limb against a small poplar tree and the bear ripped out of there like his tail was on fire . I didn't care to shoot this particular bear because i knew by the bear sign that there was a Booner at this site. I reset everything got into my stand that was down wind of the bait and bear trail ( i always wait until a trail develops before i pick my stand location. I wasn't in my stand long when  a 120# bear shows up nervous and moving like a  spider too scared to get too close to the bait, it's a cat and mouse game between the120'er and the160'er. I almost arrowed the larger bear , but i knew he wasn't leaving the 5 1/2 inch tracks. Around 6:30 pm they both left and everything went absolutely quiet. At 6:40 I had this eerie feeling, i kept looking through the heavy brush and trees around me hoping to see a spot of black, when i happened to look down between my feet and through the platform of my screaming eagle treestand, there looking up at me was this Booner with an enormous head! I figured the gig was up and he would bolt out of there! I tried not to look him in the eye and he just slowly got up and started towards the bait , he stopped suddenly and his hackles went up! I thought ok this is it , he's either gonna bolt or come pay me a visit Right!!?? Nope out of the brush to the side of the booner out rushes another monster bear, by now i have a snuffer tipped arrow nocked on my Silvertip and am beginning to draw! the first Bear has his but to me, the 2nd Bear is coming at the first bear and is broadside to me,. I kept drawing my bow as the 2nd bear slid to a stop ,I turned my focus onto the broadside bear and released as he was sliding to a stop and zipped the arrow right through his heart!  The first bear took of to my left and the hit bear just lumbered off straight 28 yds into some tag alders gave some death moans and expired. i sat back down and tried to replay what had just happened. Wow!  thought it just doesn't get much better than this!! Might sound like a lot of action, but just ask anyone who has hunted with me and they'll tell you that this is just a normal day in the Northern bush with Serigo Carpino.
      Hope you all enjoyed this as much as i enjoyed reliving it and I wish I could share a camp with most of the people on the Tradgang, you are all a great bunch!

Sergio

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2008, 10:10:00 PM »
Sorry to be so long winded ! if it's important that Bear was 450# and the rug is 7 ft from nose to tail. i will email a couple of pics to Guru to post for me.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2008, 10:16:00 PM »
Wow, nice story! Sounds like you run quite the operation up there. Glad you saved a nice one for yourself.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2008, 10:17:00 PM »
Thanks for being so longwinded. It is a great story, and could be longer. What a hunt!

Killdeer  :bigsmyl:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2008, 10:18:00 PM »
Congrats !!!!   :bigsmyl:    :thumbsup:    :notworthy:
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2008, 10:21:00 PM »
Hi Rick; when are you and louise coming to Timmins? You are always welcome here! Regards to louise and the girls and please email me a pic of her bear.

Cary; sometime I get the bear and sometimes the bear... Naa never!

joe: i'm looking for a pic of you in the dumpster, remember Paul and i were standing watch.LOL

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2008, 10:25:00 PM »
Nice Serge. Thanks for taking time to tell the tale. I can almost feel the rush from here.

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2008, 11:58:00 PM »
Hi mike ; I'll email ya the string info tomorrow. please email me your Ph#.

Offline Carcajou

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2008, 08:41:00 AM »
Sergio, Congrats on a great bear, and taken with a Schafer Silvertip!  :thumbsup:
" MEMBER ~ COMPTON Traditional Bowhunters "

"Searching through the remnants of my dream-shattered sleep"

Offline Jim Godden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2008, 08:42:00 AM »
Sergio, outstanding bear, and a fine story.  Who's the young, handsome model you got to double for you in the photo?

Congrats...
JIM
Crecy, Poitiers, Agincourt

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2008, 10:32:00 AM »
Thanks Scott; all my bear hunts seem to turn into an adventure of sorts. Joe skipp can attest to that. for example the tracking of joe's friend Paulie's Bear, that started with  the blood trail crossing the main logging road as i'm approaching the stand site with Roger Rothhaar ! But thats another story!!

Hey Jim; I'm coming down to Ottawa tomorrow will see you during the week !

Offline northern fisher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2008, 11:34:00 AM »
Hi Serge
Glad to hear you are out of the protection program and can once again can be seen in
public  :wavey:  I just got back from an ice fishing trip to Que.(Lac Simard)and the first thing I see when I go on the computer is you smiling from the top off the page.Looks good on ya.Talk to ya soon.
Gary
If it wasn't for Hillary Blackburn I may have never found my way to the woods and the water.I miss you Puppy.Love from your grandson.

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2008, 11:42:00 AM »
What an awesome bear and great story!!!  :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:
To me, the ultimate challenge in bowhunting is not how far away you can succesfully make a killing shot but rather how close you can get to the animal before shooting.

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2008, 11:44:00 AM »
Gary; I'll call you tomorrow around noon as i'm approaching New liskeard.

Offline northern fisher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2008, 11:47:00 AM »
I'll make sure I'm not on the computer.Talk to you than
If it wasn't for Hillary Blackburn I may have never found my way to the woods and the water.I miss you Puppy.Love from your grandson.

Offline trapper1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2008, 04:36:00 PM »
Serge, my computer crashed so I no longer have your email address. pm me and I'll send you Louise's pic and the pics of our moose last year as well
Rick
Just remember, if you're gonna be stupid ....you gotta be tough...

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2008, 05:23:00 PM »
My last Serg story....after a night of hunting, myself and 2 companions headed to town for some late night food. I parked my truck in town...across from the Chinese place.

After eating, close to midnight, we left the place only to be met by a rather obnoxious police officer. After asking "Who's tuck is that" and "your parked in no parking zone", he began to read me the riot act.....in front of many residents of Timmins.

My little buddy Paulie, who is very excitable was all nervous and scared...there was no way I could talk my way outta this one...after all we were in Canada...with New York plates. The officer then proceeded to march us over to his cop car and told us to "Get In"....When we were all seated just waiting for more "brow beating", the driver turned and said..."How was the bear hunting tonite fellas?'"

Yup...one of Sergs friends and we were set up good....Wonder if he would have done this if Rothaar had come along with us? Then again, Roger had about 4 cases of Mountain Dew on ice and no way was he leaving!!
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2008, 05:36:00 PM »
Joe, the reason Roger wasn't with you fellas was because the " set up " was his idea ! Trust me, And besides he was busy trying to set a new worlds record as to how much mountain dew he could consumme/hour.LOL

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2008, 10:34:00 PM »
Pix for Serg...avatar bear as a rug...MONSTER!!!

another for Serg....

Y'r the man!!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Big'n

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2008, 07:21:00 AM »
WOW, Serg that is a pig!  DAVE
"If you want just one thing too much in life....Your life will likely be a disappointment" Augustus McCrae

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©