3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Double Bull fit!  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
Double Bull fit!
« on: March 16, 2008, 06:40:00 PM »
You shoulda heard me cussing my DB Matrix Friday night! 7 of the 8 top poles were out of the pockets. You ever try and put one of those up when the poles are out??
man I was PPO'd...pop-up blind my fat ass.

Anyone have any suggestions for keepi9ng the poles in place when you fold it up? I'm talking about the Matrix, I've had no problems with the other models....
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Double Bull fit!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 06:47:00 PM »
Biggie , I have had one do that on me , but the older ones no prob...they will send you replacements...and a you should have DVD with instructions also....they say set up in seconds , but not when that happens gezzz...Im seriously looking at ALL..GROUND BLINDS...GOOD LUCK...marco#78
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 06:51:00 PM »
try some duco cement, might even try to stitch the pockets a little smaller.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 06:53:00 PM »
I have never had anything like that happen yet with my 360, are you doing something wrong?
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Online shoes

• Corporate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 06:53:00 PM »
Had the same problem with a new matrix that I was usingfor the first time on a Nebraska turkey hunt.Took it out of the bag and poles were out all over.Put back in the best i could,when hunt was over Iput all of the poles back correctly and went hunting that afternoon.When I took it out of the bag again poles %^&&&$ everywhere.I found out that I Had the taller model matrix but the standard blind poles where installed.
Hope this helps
Dreams are made taller than we are.  Never stop reaching!
WTA member

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 06:57:00 PM »
Biggie, my guess is your PO'd when your folding it up, you have to be nicer to it .   ;)
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Offline Squirrel Bait

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 07:08:00 PM »
Hey joebuck , are you hearing this!!! Send it back, big man! You ain't got to put up with that crap.
If you've never been in the woods at daylight, and seen the world come alive, you haven't " Lived".

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 07:27:00 PM »
I was not crazy about my matrix and sold it. I loved the older ones and the new Dark Horse is my next one, the best of the others combined! my problem with them is I sweat like a $2, well you get the point. Shawn
Shawn

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 07:32:00 PM »
Ask Peter about DB's...he loves settin' them up    :biglaugh:  

Honestly, I have never had that problem with my Matrix....two seasons of use and never had a problem myself. I can set her up in about 8 seconds too    ;)
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Jeff Roberts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 07:40:00 PM »
Dang Biggun, we just across the river from each other. Mine hasn't give no problems and I'll be happy to drive 20 miles to spend an evening with you sortin these things out.
Living and hunting with a traditional mindset.

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 07:44:00 PM »
I really don't know all the hype has been about the DB.  :confused:  

I guess all the advertising has people sold.
So what 360 degree shooting window. You can't trun on a dime. Thats why you set up where you know the gane is coming and have any decoys in front of you.

It's twice the price as a cabelas lighting, quite a bit smaller and no way's near as fast to set up?
Maybe DB is full of DB?
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline Jeff Roberts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 07:45:00 PM »
By the way Mike, where were you this weekend? A little wind didn't keep you away did it? You ain't getting soft on me Little Indian are you? Well are you?????

Offline peter c iacavazzi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 07:50:00 PM »
Big Stuff...Your pain is also mine my friend! DB, claims a 7 second set up...HA! They are proof that false advertising exsists even in the bowhunting world. I love hunting from a blind...but I don't own or use a DB...Since I got rid of mine and since I no longer ask GURU to borrow his, my sanity and smile has once again returned.

Hang in there my large and cuddly friend. If all else fails you can send your blind to Guru...appearently he can set them up in under the 3 hours it takes me...

Offline Squirrel Bait

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 07:52:00 PM »
Oh yeah, I'm getting soft!! Only place I'm getting soft is around my belly and my wallet. Well I thought I was going to get to work Sat. morning, but mother nature put stop to that. I spent the rest of the dodging tornados.
If you've never been in the woods at daylight, and seen the world come alive, you haven't " Lived".

Offline Keith Deters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2008, 07:52:00 PM »
I think the cords that run from the corners to the hub are what hold the poles in the pockets when it's closed.  If you messed with them, it could be your problem.  I screwed with them when I first got mine and the poles all came out.  In their video, they don't tell you why, but they tell you not to mess with the cords.

I also had a pole poke through on one pocket.  It was dark and I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on.  It wouldn't set up at all, yet it looked fine.

Offline Jeff Roberts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 07:53:00 PM »
Jim/ I have used several diferent blinds extensively hosting hunts with handicap youth and the only blind we have used (and they are all set up the same) that do not spook game are the DB. I don't know the exact reason why but there is a diference. After 10 years of doing these hunts I purchased my own DB Matrix and have had no problems.

Offline LKH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2008, 07:56:00 PM »
You could put a dab of Shoe Goo on the end of each pole.  Trouble is that stuff gets hard after a few years.

Offline baretraks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 08:00:00 PM »
For the almost four hundred dollar price tag.....it should put itself up!!!!
" Life is hard. It's even harder if your stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline Jeff Roberts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2008, 08:00:00 PM »
Dang Mike. Hope you weathered them storms OK. We had a lovely weekend. Storms on both sides of us but we was spared. If you had come on down, we would have filled that soft belly with some good food.

Offline Jeff Roberts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2008, 08:02:00 PM »
By the way Mike, where were you this weekend? A little wind didn't keep you away did it? You ain't getting soft on me Little Indian are you? Well are you?????

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©