3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Double Bull fit!  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Double Bull fit!
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2008, 08:14:00 PM »
I've hunted in other blinds...DB's are worth every penny! No other compare IMHO
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2008, 08:24:00 PM »
Biggie`s just clumsy. You can tell by his shooting....RC

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2008, 08:31:00 PM »
Out of all these posts...two are helpfull possibilities...The rest are all smart alecs!!!

:bigsmyl:

Really...I DID mess with the straps...OK Jeff, get you tired old Ga Power behind down here then.

RC...I'll deal with you later..........
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline flatlander37

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2008, 08:33:00 PM »
Never had that happen with my Martix, and by the sounds of it I hope it never does!
"Better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"-Abe Lincoln

Offline adirondack46r

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2008, 08:33:00 PM »
I have a T5 and hunted out of it a little this year. I found it was as easy to set up as DB says, but I did not find it a great advantage over my burlap and stick, makeshift ground blind method.

I found that I brushed in the blind so much that I may as well have just made a natural ground blind. The burlap and stick method (a bunch of the 3-4 ft camo burlap and some sticks for a framework) has been pretty productive for me in the past, not to mention cheaper, and lighter.

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2008, 06:49:00 AM »
Yea, I used to have that problem myself. I used a simple Bic lighter to fix mine. Never had a pole fall out again.  :goldtooth:

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2008, 08:18:00 AM »
You need to take and adjust your tie cords, your material on your double bull has stretched and that's normal, you need to adjust your tie cords so that your polls don't come out, you need to set it up, adjust the tie cords so they are tight, but not over tight, and then the polls won't come out.

I have had more customers bring back a double bull, and tell me the polls just came out by themselves, and nine times out of 10, the cords were either lose, or untied.

And double bull blinds, are well worth the money, and work well if you use them properly, I have had the T 5,T 2, and now I have the Dark Horse, and for those that say it doesn't work, you have to brushed it in to much, look at your surroundings, sometimes brushing it in too much, will make it a dead giveaway, you have to look at the forest around you, if the trees are lightly leaved then you have to do the same thing with your blind, your tool is only as good as how effectively you use it, you do the same with your bow and arrows, you have to do the same thing with your blind.  Hunting is work, going out and killing is not.  That's why they call it hunting.  You find what works, and do it over and over and over, it may be boring doing the same thing over and over, but the wild game don't know you're doing it if it's done properly.  Find out what works, and use it, you'll enjoy it more.

I do agree that double bull blinds are expensive, but not using them properly, is even more expensive.  And getting a cheap blind, and not using it properly is even more expensive.

Brooks, says over and over again, don't mess with the tie cords, the tie cords hold the bottom and the top of the blind together, they are two separate parts, if the tie cords are loose, your polls are going to come out.  It's not rocket science, its physics.

Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2008, 09:07:00 AM »
Yup...that's it then...all of my tiecords are untied.
I figgered I was doing something wrong. The video came with it but sheesh...it's like reading directions.
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2008, 09:10:00 AM »
Biggie, when Marty shoots powder through the net, probably it cut some of your tie cords.  :D  

Mine drops same 2 poles everytime..Didn't know about tie cords either ..thanks guys
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2008, 09:17:00 AM »
You guys are hilarious...I just got a Matrix and if they said it once, they said it a dozen times in the DVD...DON'T UNTIE THE CORDS   :goldtooth:  

It was a pretty good flick with lots of little "tips".  Well worth the watch.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2008, 11:13:00 AM »
So Steve are you admitting to using the directions???
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2008, 11:41:00 AM »
After watching the directions it only takes me ten seconds to set up my Matrix (I have to lift the tent a little higher then Curt), before watching the DVD it took me about two minutes.  Using their method of putting it away is the fastest way I have found too.  Also, once you get past the instructions, the DVD's have some great hunting footage with good field methods of using the blind.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2008, 12:05:00 PM »
I am...I am...I am.  I know I may get my man card taken away, but I watched my Dad (who is pretty much a mechanical genius) go thru a LOT of unnecessary reverse engineering from not reading directions.  I chuckle now, as I read the directions on whatever he is putting togerther when I am giving a hand so I know what we are in for!

As to the DB, I bought one of their first, and I DID watch the instruction video   :knothead:  .

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2008, 12:37:00 PM »
My first DB was in 1997. I set it up in my apartment there in Phoenix,AZ. (single no furniture, you know the drill) I think I watched a movie from sitting in it. Then next weekend I was hunting on the Apache Indian Reservation near Gallop from a drop camp out of my company car ( a Lumina)...I struck out through the Big Pines and heard a turkey within 20 minutes of still darkness. I unpacked the blind and then basically the blind and I fought for about 20 minutes. As I fought the blind though i would still call at the turkey and he would Gobble!!! Gobble everytime. Finally a Native resident heard all this gobbling, drove his dirt bike over where we were and walked into the woods 100 yards and shot the bird about 200 yards away from ME while I was still wrestling wiht the blind..Gosh I still hope he never saw me.The Next Monday morning, I tied up the DB hotline for 30 minutes getting some added instructions........11 years ago and they are still the best
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2008, 01:09:00 PM »
Gosh I wonder if the have an instructional on how to tie the straps BACK down????????
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

Offline peter c iacavazzi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2008, 06:07:00 PM »
What...Directions? You mean they have directions and a dvd? Guru you never told me that...

Hmmm...So you thought you'd just screw with a few Montana guys huh?

I'll let the Montana boys know about that...so next time you come out we'll have a lil' treat for ya...

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2008, 06:32:00 PM »
Biggie they emphasized in the DVD DO NOT TOUCH THE STRINGS   :scared:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline david janssen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2008, 06:35:00 PM »
Should have bought a Lucky's!
David Janssen

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2008, 06:44:00 PM »
Stone Knife....dang it....I knew I shoulda watched it...
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

Offline Keith Deters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2008, 09:15:00 PM »
First thing I did when I got mine was set it up.  Took considerable more than 7 sec, but not much more.

I look the thing over and see those cords and think, What the heck did they tie all those strings to one spot like that.  I go around and untie all of them..... I'm gonna use them to tie brush on and crap like that.  I look it over.... yeah... much better untied.

I take it down to practice setting it up..... the thing is like a tarp and a bunch of sticks.... floppin all over the place.  I get all the sticks back in after fighting it for 15 min..... what the heck I'm thinking.... 15 sec to 15 min...

I look it over again.... check out them cords and get a new idea. I tie them all back up like they were.... maybe a little neater...   I flop it all down again.... figure I got another 15 min to spare.... so I go to setting it up again.    The dang thing almost pops itself up... about 15 sec again.   Now I ain't the sharpest spoon in the drawer... but now I figure the strings are tied there for a reason.

Next day.... the DVD told me so...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©