3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Share A "TIP"  (Read 6582 times)

Offline Danny Roberts

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Share A "TIP"
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 12:56:00 PM »
Put a bunch of dried milkweed pods in a ziploc and carry them with you for wind direction detectors, will last all season.

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 01:16:00 PM »
Ratcheted pruning shears. Clean out shooting lanes, build ground blinds. They take up very little room in Your pack and are very handy.

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2008, 01:19:00 PM »
I have installed a metal arrow clip on the bow side of my quiver hood ,so i can snip a small brushy branch and insert it in the arrow clip, this way i can keep my face behind it while i'm stalking or on stand.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2008, 01:21:00 PM »
Carry a bunch of zip ties in your pack. They are handy for making quick blinds, tagging animals and so many other things.

Keep TP in a zip-lock bag. Few things worse than heeding natures call and having a soggy wad of TP.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2008, 01:34:00 PM »
Buy a thermacel if you do not have one. One of the most used items I have during the early season.

Turn off your cell phone when you leave your vehicle. Seems everyone wants to talk when on stand.

That TP in the zip lock can also be used for marking a blood trail. If you forget to pick some up no big deal since it is biodegradable.

Lots of good tips here.

Offline lt-m-grow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2008, 01:34:00 PM »
Speaking of carrying TP.  Next time put one of the small containers of unscented baby wipes in your pack instead of TP especially when you are out hunting with limited bathing facilites.  You will come back and thank me.  

aaah wait don't do that butt (pun intended) you get the point.  

I also use them to "sponge bath" with on long trips.

Offline Russ Clagett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2008, 01:58:00 PM »
Protect the new sharp edge on broadheads with a coating of chapstick. Wipes off on the hair going in, no problem. Keeps the edge sharp and clean, no rust, and the container is easy to put in a fanny pack and reapply whenever necessary.

Learned that from a buddy.

Offline Keuka

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2008, 02:00:00 PM »
When you shoot out the center of your bag target, repair it with a 12 to 14 inch square piece of plastic feed bag. Contact cement the outer 2 inches of the patch and the same 2 inch wide section of the target. Fluff up the filler and stick it together. Good as new after an hour of drying and you can keep placing patches on patches. I shoot 5 times a week and my target is 3 years old and still going. Cuts down on overhead costs!  

If you need more filler material, you can buy a bag of pillow stuffing material at Wally World for about $5.00.

Offline Peachey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2008, 02:36:00 PM »
Cold toes on stand? Take an old pair of hunting socks and tie an overhand knot at the heel.Cut the toe end off and dicard. When you get to your stand pull the heel end over the toe of your boot and place an air activated hand warmer on top of your boot under the sock. Works like a charm and is small and lightweigt to boot.

Offline dan ferguson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2008, 03:08:00 PM »
I do alot of spotting and stalking, and I like to play a mental game of army, if the critter sees me first, I,m dead, It really forces me to slow down and look and then look some more. It also makes me really aware of wind, and not ever to skyline myself, Its amazing on how many times I get killed each season, Its a joy to watch deer ,coyotes, turkeys when you are not dectected, they spend alot of time watching and testing there surroundings.

Offline bamboo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2008, 03:14:00 PM »
when the leaves are like potato-chips----drag a stick all the way to your stand--the sound covers your foot falls and sometimes even deer and turkeys will investigate
Mike

Offline Rufus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2008, 03:26:00 PM »
Hey, two tips for string wax. Stick your screw in point in it before screwing into arrow and that will prevent points from loosening up (still easy out) and rub your fletching clamp edge through it and that will keep excess glue from sticking to the clamp.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Offline rice

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2008, 03:32:00 PM »
Buy a small roll of reflective tape and a bag of clothes pins. Apply tape to handles of the pin. Easy to clip to tree branchs when marking an "in" to the stand. Clip pins to the front of your shirt and as you walk to your intended stand site, clip to a tree limb every 100 ft. Makes it easy to find a stand in the dark and are easy to remove and re-use. Cheap to!

CKR
We do not stop playing because we are old. We grow old because we stop playing.

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2008, 03:49:00 PM »
A file for spark plugs can be sued for filing BH's.  Mine is inside my a rmguard in a stitche din sleeve. It is small and handy
Wooden clothes pins and safety pins are used for too many things to name.
Tweezers also have been handy for a variety of thing s and take no room in a pack
Tyvek painting suits- oversized for you-make a superior emergency stay overnight almost enjoyable.  They weight nothing, are waterproof, and will cut the wind from you.
Velcro straps are useful for everything from an emergency strike plate to holding gear on a pack
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2008, 04:11:00 PM »
A pack of the rubberbands orthodontist's use for braces is a good fix on quiver arrow clips that are too big for carbons, small dia. shafts. simply stretch the band over outside edge and into curve of clip. one or two usually is enough to snug the arrow up real nice. inexpensive and quick.

Froggy
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2008, 04:24:00 PM »
The little clear or black plastic hook for glove display fits perfect on the top bar of a Great Northern QD quiver (and maybe others)  between bow and quiver.Screw in hook for tree and arrow holder bow hangs at any hgt. and ready for quite and quick access.Any other brand don't know.Kip

Offline ONE SHOT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2008, 04:30:00 PM »
In My backpack I always carry a Zip-Lock bag filled with Lint from the Wife's Clothes Drier, makes super fire starting material, and is FREE, and you can beat FREE.

Also another excelent Fire starting gadget is a 9-Volt Battery and some steel wool, just place the steel wool over the two terminals and watch the fire get stared. A FLINT and a pocket knife will also do the same thing with steel Wool, just scrape the knife blade along the Flint, And yes Folks Steel Wool will burn and burn Very Hot.

You don't ever want to carry an open 9-Volt battery in your pocket thou along with your car keys, things might get REALLY HOT FAST. Might even receive a severe burn let alone catch your pants on FIRE....ONE SHOT...  :D    :D    :D

Offline baretraks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2008, 04:36:00 PM »
Get one of the small office staplers and keep in your bag for attaching tags to a deers ear....a lot quicker and easier than trying to tie it on em....and stays until you pull it off.
" Life is hard. It's even harder if your stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline Fritz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2008, 04:52:00 PM »
Carry unscented baby wipes in your pack for when nature calls or field dressing.  You'll never use TP again.
God is good, all the time!!!

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2008, 05:12:00 PM »
This really works, go by craft store look for wooden round marbels , some with holes is perfect . Fill holes with cotton , or just soak wooden marbels in your favorite deer attracant , transfer into zip lock bag thick one...get to your stand or blind , using a sling shot shoot the marbels at good bow distance ...set back and wait ... also have doe in distress call , this can sometimes bring the curious ones back ...I got this from Bowhunter, from the past...good luck, mark#78...   :wavey:      :thumbsup:
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©