3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Share A "TIP"  (Read 6581 times)

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Share A "TIP"
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2008, 07:00:00 PM »
If you have been hunting hard and things just aren`t coming together, just leave your knife, and rope at home. This ends a dry spell for me almost every time.

I can get the guts out of a deer with a Zwickey Delta almost as fast as my favorite knife.

Offline Hoffman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2008, 07:56:00 PM »
Don't forget Toilet paper in a platsic bag or you could be up poop creek!!
For GOD so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. JOHN 3:16

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2008, 08:26:00 PM »
You think that 9 volt battery and penny's get hot. My brother was changing his Wifes tire and threw Her keys in His pocket, She had one of those personal protection pepper spray things on there that went off in His pocket. I would have paid good money to see Him stripping down in His driveway trying to put that fire out!! He's 6'3" 280lbs and lives right in the middle of Town.

Offline Bill Tell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2008, 09:19:00 PM »
If you hunt with a bow quiver hold it and your bow in front of your face when you see an animal.  It will help break up your outline.

Burn the end of a cork from a bottle of wine and store it in a film canister.  Rub it on your face when you need "face paint".

learn how to tie both the Bolen and Prussic knots they can save your life

Chew up about 4 baby aspirin and then spit it out onto your arrow shaft.  Aspirin is a anti-coagulant.
"I'm going to find my direction magnetically. " Eddie Vedder

Offline griz#1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2008, 09:56:00 PM »
Self portrait, if you hunt by yourself, how do you take your own picture. It's easy, stop at the hardware store, pick yourself up a 2" stainless steel 1/4-20 screw. cut the head off with a haxsaw or Dremmel tool, whatever you have.  If you shoot aluminum arrows, stop at your local Walmart and pick up the cheapest carbon arrow they have, when you get it home, pull the nock out and insert your 2" stainless steel screw where the nock came out and glue it in place. Now you will be able to screw this in the bottom of your small digital camera, most all of these small cameras have a tripod tap that is 1/4-20. Now you can set your camera on self timer and you can take your own picture when you hunt by yourself.  Stick your arrow in the ground and adjust the angle and distance.
If you cut up your wife's french leather purse to make a tab, does that make you a redneck?

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2008, 10:05:00 PM »
When hunting, never ever ever walk away from your bow...no matter what you are doing.  :thumbsup:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Widowbender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2008, 10:52:00 PM »
Another use for that compass that you never go into the woods without. When ever you make a shot on a _____ (insert favorite game animal) take a compass heading on the last place you heard the animal. This trick has helped me find a few deer that I made good hits on but didn't get a passthru on or it started raining after the shot. I use a Sylva Ranger, it has a mirror that makes for more accurate aiming than other types.

David
David

>>>>--TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow-->

Chatham County Chapter NWTF
Chapel Hill Friends of NRA

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2008, 11:07:00 AM »
Yeah Charlie....good tip!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2008, 07:56:00 PM »
All the talk of TP,, I keep a purse pack of tissues in my pack, neat and easy,, Use it to flag a blood trail as well.. Keep wet ones in the truck.. Point to remember for next year,, always keep a flashlight on you.. Then when the one string death harp sings at sun down, you won't have to come back the next morning, just to find your deer dead 40 yards away.
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline bowless

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2008, 07:00:00 AM »
Keep an old or new, fishing license holder in your pack for tagging the animal.  It'll protect the tag and the saftey pin works great for attaching it to the animal.
Isaiah 53:5  and with his stripes we are healed.

Offline killinstuff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2008, 07:46:00 AM »
Never shoot for money against an old guy with a beat up old Bear recurve who tells you "this is the only bow I've owned". He's going to take your money.
lll

Offline Willow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2008, 10:18:00 AM »
Cheap is good, to a point. Ive been shooting with a cheap leather work glove. That is until my finger turned purple with a nasty blister. I bought an actual shooting glove. WOW. I can release clean, without pain.

Offline Viking69

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2008, 11:46:00 AM »
Cotton balls smeared with petroleum jelly (vaseline) burn like sterno. Great way to get a fire going. On back pack hunts or traveling I use a piece of plastic raingutter to put my arrows in. Plug the ends with a piece of foam or sponge.

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2008, 01:27:00 PM »
If you wear glasses, wear a short brimmed hat and keep it low over your eyes, "And don't look into the setting sun"
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline Barney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2008, 02:17:00 PM »
Trioxane fuel tabs are the best fire starter I've found.

Headlamps are alot easier to use than flashlights.

Offline Shell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2008, 02:48:00 PM »
Cotton from an old rag, t-shirt etc soaked in parafin wax works extremly well as a fire starter also and stays water proofed even when soaked in water, will burn well in wet conditions and only need a small amount to get a fire going.

Not sure if mentioned here but this is real cheap way will hold this quality for a long, long time and a small piece is all it takes so a large piece of towel or shirt will be sufficiant for a long time.     :thumbsup:

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2008, 03:28:00 PM »
Older persons seem to have a hard time remembering where all their hunting gear is living. To shorten search time get a couple of totes, label them-then "REMEMBER" to put stuff back when yer done using it. It can lengthen a hunting trip by a couple of days   :bigsmyl:

Offline buckhuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2008, 04:02:00 PM »
Truck keys - I never take my truck keys into the woods.  I always hide them somewhere on my truck so there is no chance I am gonna loose them in the field.

Wallet - I have two wallets, one for my hunting permits and one with all my regular junk... credit cards etc.  My regular wallet always stays hidden in the truck.... again so there is no chance I can loose it.

Offline bowmofo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2008, 04:31:00 PM »
I like to use a Chalk box to raise & lower my bow while in stand I found a mini and replaced the line with spiderwire works like a charm! I also sew a belt loop to my pant leg to hold my bow while standing ! some great Ideas Guys Keepem coming! Mike
KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2008, 04:57:00 PM »
Thanks to griz#1 idea on 1/4-20 bolt,

I now have my camera mono pod & ground blind bow holder in the palm of my hand...Doc

TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©