3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Dallas/ Ft worth in March  (Read 464 times)

Offline Inhimwelive

• Trad Bowhunter
Dallas/ Ft worth in March
« on: March 17, 2008, 10:33:00 AM »
I'm going to be in the Fort worth area at the end of March and wondered if any of you locals could suggest some sights to see for a fellow arrow flinger?
In Him we live and move and have our being , make a joyful noise, sing unto the Lord, tell him of your love, dance before him...

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dallas/ Ft worth in March
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 10:50:00 AM »
Well OJAM is a few hours north and is the last weekend of the month.

Lots of trad folks will be there.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Inhimwelive

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 02:13:00 PM »
Thanks for the info wingnut but thats a bit far out of my way.. I'm looking for activites maybe within and hour or two of Ft worth... Thanks KT
In Him we live and move and have our being , make a joyful noise, sing unto the Lord, tell him of your love, dance before him...

Offline llknp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 08:15:00 PM »
If you have the time, Fossil Rim Wildlife Center in Glen Rose, Tx.  About two hours SW of Ft. Worth.  A couple a thousand acres of African Plains animals running free.  You can take a tour or do a drive through tour.  Very Cool!

Offline Stripstrike1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 08:18:00 PM »
Go Pig Hunting.....I am sure a Ganger on this site can tell you where to go or hook you up himself.
"I wish someone would have introduced me to this sport 20 years ago."

Offline COWBOYROY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 10:12:00 PM »
historic fort worth stockyards,rodeo every friday-sat @ 8:00pm worldsfirst indoor rodeo,bullriding originated as asport here,etc.
      if you come on friday night i'll be there
     give me a call 817-999-1763 danny
DANNY BLACKBURN

Offline Inhimwelive

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 11:26:00 PM »
Thanks guys  I have been to the stockyards but not the rodeo.. Danny will you be there on friday the 28th? If so I might just take you up on that. Probably be Me and the Mrs.. And that fossil rim center sounds neat llknp  I will be in ft worth from the 22-29th but will probably only be free on the 26th-28th...Thanks for all the good suggestions

Offline COWBOYROY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 10:48:00 PM »
YES SIR GIVE ME A CALL AND LEAVE A MESSAGE .I'LL RETURN YOUR CALL AND PROBABLY BE ABLE TO SWING A COUPLE COMP TICKETS,CALL WHENEVER I HAVE WEIRD WORK HOURS.
              DANNY
DANNY BLACKBURN

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 12:18:00 AM »
Horne's Archery!!! Stop by and see Mark and Sandy. You won't meet any finer people!!! Plus you can shoot some of their bows. I stop and see them every year when I am in Dallas visiting my sister.

Bill

Offline el oso

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 07:16:00 AM »
fossil rim is verry nice and its a cool waay to see some beautiful country. It is a great drive out there too! .....B.T.W it don't take two hours to get there from Fort Worth  Danny can get you in to the rodeo  and it is a lot of fun!
short fat bald and broke is no way to go through life

Offline COWBOYROY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 01:11:00 PM »
i may even could get you in fossil rim if you could go on the 29th? it's a strong possibillity
DANNY BLACKBURN

Offline Inhimwelive

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 01:49:00 PM »
Thanks Danny.. I left you a message.. I wont be able to on the 29th because we are flying out that day.. Thanks guys

Offline COWBOYROY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2008, 01:52:00 AM »
hey kevin i got you fixed up all you gotta do now is show up,give me a call when you get in town.see next week have a good trip
                 DANNY
DANNY BLACKBURN

Offline Inhimwelive

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2008, 02:03:00 AM »
Thanks Danny I really appreciate you going out of your way for this crazy yankee.. Its 2am now and we are leaving this morning.. I think we will be landing at 3:30 pm.. If for some reason you dont hear from me send me a message here, I will be checking it pretty often.. God bless, Thanks everyone.. Kevin Thomas

Offline Inhimwelive

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2008, 02:06:00 AM »
Ps Danny if you haven't already check out my "All work and no play" thread. kt

Offline Inhimwelive

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 12:23:00 PM »
Well just an update.. We went to fossil rim and had a great time.. My daughter loved the zebras.. yesterday I went hog hunting on an island in the sulphur river, however the hogs must have been on vacation.. I did manage to get bit by a 6 foot rat snake.. My own fault I like to mess with snakes for some reason.. Friday we are going to the Rodeo in Ft worth.. Danny aka cowboyroy blessed us with some free tickets... God bless, Kt

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©