3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: RER LX? Anyone shot one?  (Read 701 times)

Offline Deer Slayer

• Trad Bowhunter
RER LX? Anyone shot one?
« on: March 17, 2008, 01:17:00 PM »
Looking for opinions on how the new LX shoots? I have recently been bitten by the RER bug. I picked up a used Vortex and a Little River in the classifieds and I just can't say enough good things about these bows! Have another Vortex on order but have been eyeballing the LX like a hawk!! Anyone's input who has shot one would be much appreciated. Thinking a short 3 piece takedown longbow would round out my RER line-up nicely!!  :goldtooth:

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: RER LX? Anyone shot one?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 01:18:00 PM »
If you do a search on LX, there is a thread with Goldenhawk's in it and how he likes it.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Deer Slayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 01:42:00 PM »
Thanks for the heads up!

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 02:00:00 PM »
Yep, I shot one last summer.  One of the smoothest 3 piece longbows I have tried.  Liked it enough to put my name on the list, and Kevin just told me this weekend I'm getting close to the top!  :goldtooth:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 02:35:00 PM »
In My opinion they are the best bow I have shot to date. They have the same built in pointability as the Vortex and are super smooth. My LXR has both the recurve and longbow limbs and I can swith back and forth between them with ease. Kevin has a real winner with this one!
LeRoy

Charter member of TBJA (Trad Bow Junkies of America)

Offline mnbwhtr

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 03:27:00 PM »
I just received my bear t/d limbs from Kevin and they are noticeably faster than the bear limbs. Draw smooth all the way to my 30"draw.

Online Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 04:06:00 PM »
I shot one of Kevin's prototypes last summer during a visit and really liked it. If I wasn't putting a new metal roof on the house I'd be on the list also.
 Have two Vortex's and am still really enjoying taking them in the woods. Maybe in the future I'll come across one of the LX's.
The essence of the hunt for me is to enter nature and observe+ return safely occasionally with the gift of a life taken.

Offline Bowmania

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 09:46:00 PM »
Shot one on Sunday after the WTA banquette.  64 inches and 51 lbs.  Very nice.  I sure wouldn't get a short one.

Bowmania
I'm not putting up with this guys shit and dogging me.

Offline Deer Slayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 01:28:00 PM »
Whip, what are the specs and woods on the one you have on order?

Man this is torture! I'm dangerously close to ordering one. Wife says no more bows or else she is out the door!lol  Man I'm gonna miss her!  :knothead:

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 01:57:00 PM »
robslifts is comin over to my place tonight to shoot since he's working in the area. I'm sure he'll lend his opinion.
LeRoy

Offline Bird Dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 02:05:00 PM »
I shot one a few months ago--what a nice bow. It shot as good as my Vortex.

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 09:39:00 PM »
Man the more I shoot mine the more I like it. Tonight has got me convinced that my search is over. The LXR is my Holy Grail of bows. Gonna be a big sale comin up!
LeRoy

Offline Deer Slayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 09:49:00 PM »
Think I'm gonna have to sell some bows to get on the list. I love the way my Vortex shoots. It is hands down the nicest short longbow (58") I have ever shot. Draws like butter and shoots my heavy arrows like heat seeking missiles.

Leroy, REALLY like the wood combo you picked out for yours. It is very classy and clean looking.  :thumbsup:

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 10:02:00 PM »
Thanks for the compliment Mark. It may be just a simple bow compared to some I have had but it sure is Functional Art!

LeRoy

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2008, 11:43:00 PM »
Deer Slayer, I picked out some woods last summer, but I will probably change.  Can't even remember exactly what I liked then except that I do know Kevin has some special alder he saved for me on the limb laminations.  Really beautiful stuff!  For the riser I am leaning toward maybe cocobolo and osage.  Still time to change my mind about thiry times though!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2008, 11:51:00 PM »
Coco and Osage with that Frogskin alder will look Great together Joe. Can't wait to see that one.
LeRoy

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 12:27:00 AM »
that is one great shootin bow right there I shot leroys tonight and it is a extension of your arm and shoots exactly where you look  (if you shoot 10-11 grains per pound  not 14-15per pound like me)  I shot high with it but was shooting two inch groups at fifteen yards on my first and second time shooting it..   leroy was puttin me to shame shooting dime size groups wow great shootin there buddy
St. Joe River Bows

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2008, 08:10:00 AM »
I don't think my groups were that tight Rob! They were nice. You shot that thing like you had been shooting it for awhile though. Now you know why I like it so much.
LeRoy

Offline joe vt

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2008, 08:31:00 AM »
I placed an order........it's going to be a looooong wait. I know I'm getting the RX but may spring for the full blown LXR.

I haven't nailed down the woods but I am heavily leaning toward a Zircote riser (I had that in my Pronghorn and loved it). And LeRoy's Zircote riser with the simple arch lamination looks sweet. For limbs it will be some highly figured  limb veneer.
~ joe vt  >>>~~~~~~~~>

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2008, 09:16:00 AM »
Joe if it was me I'd do boo cores and Quilted Sapelle.
LeRoy

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©