3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: RER LX? Anyone shot one?  (Read 700 times)

Offline joe vt

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: RER LX? Anyone shot one?
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2008, 09:38:00 AM »
yea i am going to get the action bamboo core. i like waterfall ash, myrtle burl, and quilted maple.

looking at your pics Leroy, i imagined what a set of zircote venneers would look like. those overlays on your limbs really look sweet.
~ joe vt  >>>~~~~~~~~>

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2008, 09:44:00 AM »
Joe I had an Arroyo with Zicote veneers and they were so dark you couldn't really see the grain under the glass. Just something to think on.
LeRoy

Charter member of TBJA (Trad Bow Junkies of America)

Offline joe vt

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2008, 09:46:00 AM »
good feed back LeRoy.....thanks.
~ joe vt  >>>~~~~~~~~>

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2008, 09:50:00 AM »
Very Welcome Bud!
LeRoy

Offline Deer Slayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2008, 03:30:00 PM »
This is all great stuff. I'm with Joe...That solid Zircote with the single accent stripe arcing through it just looks super classy and clean Leroy. Not sure what overlays and limb veneers I would choose as Kevin has so many nice ones that would all go well with zircote!.

Whip I hear ya man! It's torture trying to decide. I have a zircote and osage Vortex on order with bacote limb veneers. Osage goes great with just about everything in a riser combo too! I have an osage and cocobolo Horne Ridgerunner that is beautiful, as well as an osage and kingwood Horne Brushbow.

Think I will be leaving osage out of the mix on the LX though just to do something different this time around.LOVE osage though! especially when it starts to darken and turn color! LONG LIVE OSAGE!  :thumbsup:  

Leroy your LX has the 60" longbow limbs right? I want the 60" combo. Were you and robslifts shooting the longbow limbs?

Think I will place my order Friday when I have a little more time to discuss this little beauty with KT. Thanks for the input all!

Mark

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2008, 04:48:00 PM »
Yep Mark mine is the 60" both LB and RC. Rob and I were shooting the longbow limbs last night but I can't tell alot of difference in the performance of either compared to each other. I have said it in this thread before but I'm gonna say it again. BEST D**N BOW I've had in my opinion!!

By the way Mark....I had an osage and Zircote with bocote veneered Vortex. Here is what yours will look like.

LeRoy

Offline Deer Slayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2008, 04:52:00 PM »
WOW!!!! Thanks Leroy,You just turned a 5 month wait into a life sentence!!   :knothead:      "[dntthnk]"      :rolleyes:

Man that is GORGEOUS! I ordered the flare on mine too, not sure mine will have those accent stripes though,but man o man that is sweet! Thanks for putting those up.

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2008, 04:55:00 PM »
Maybe but getting parrolled will be worth the wait! LMAO!!  :bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:
LeRoy

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2008, 05:24:00 PM »
I was the lucky winner of a generous gift certificate from Kevin and Sue that they donated to my bunny hunt. I placed an order right away for one of th new bows. I got an XR and Kevin is gonna modify the grip into a high wrist for me. Mine will be Purpleheart and Leopardwood with Curly Bubinga veneers and 60"s, I may change to 58"s before my turn comes up but not sure yet. I love their bows and they are great people to work with! I may even get some LB limbs for it!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Deer Slayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2008, 05:24:00 PM »
LOL...ok then I feel so much better now! hehehe

Offline Bob Stager

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2008, 09:06:00 PM »
I just bought one off the classified section. I am really looking forward to getting it.  BOB

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2008, 09:48:00 AM »
You are gonna Love it Bob!
LeRoy

Offline CBergeman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2008, 01:16:00 PM »
My LX is very smooth and is probably the best bow I've shot.  I also really like the grip.  Kevin gets the big   :thumbsup:  with this one.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©