3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Rivers West Stalker ?  (Read 289 times)

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
Rivers West Stalker ?
« on: March 17, 2008, 07:30:00 PM »
Anyone have expereince with this jacket/pant combo, specifically...thinking about the Stalker items...have heard good about others, but am wondering if the Stalker series is quiet, etc...

Thx

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rivers West Stalker ?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 09:27:00 PM »
Make sure you buy them big enough so you can pass them down to Bamboo!!  :eek:    :rolleyes:
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Cal Bergsma

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 09:51:00 PM »
Rivers West rain gear is by far the best rain gear I have ever seen. It will keep you warm and dry in the nastiest of weather when other hunters can't be hunting because they don't have RIvers West. ALso it is very quiet and I hunt with it some times even when it is not raining just because it is a wind blocker and it is so warm. It really is quiet,but make sure to use an armguard so you don't hit the puffy sleaves.

Offline Billy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 11:12:00 PM »
I don't have any of the Stalker series..but, man do they give you your money's worth.
 Quiet,warm and stands up to the hype.
 I'm betting it will do all they say it will.
 Call the support line, those folks use the stuff and will tell you their experiences.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Taker of the Founders Red Pill

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 11:47:00 AM »
Real nice Skipper...I'm almost out of stuff, so need to replenish  ;)

This is great info, but I was hoping someone would have info on the Stalker series, specifically...maybe they are all made of the same material and the linings and 'features' differ?  

I've heard mainly good about the line, but am looking at this from an early season, turkey, 3D shoot, huntiong, etc...suit and really want to make sure this is quiet stuff primarily.

Has anyone handled the Stalker series items?  

Thx for the info...

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 07:23:00 PM »
Stalker is the lightweight stuff, right?  Ranger is he regular weight.  Can't remember which is which.  I do know that I have the lightweight stuff.  Haven't had an opportunity to put it to a good test yet.  Has performed well the few times I used it.  Comfortable and quiet.  I think the lightweight stuff is good for western hunting where you'll be walking/stalking alot, at least that's what I do there.  For more sedentry hunting in cold weather, you might want the regular weight.  Even the lightweight stuff is quite warm, but has vents everywhere to cool off if necessary.

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 07:47:00 PM »
Good stuff, All...It is the light weight stuff (or at least lighter weight, they make a backpack series).  I have other stuff for when it gets colder, or can layer under this...this is mainly for the warmer months, or early season.

Thanks to all for the input...'cept you Skipper!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©