3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Primal Dreams- Special Condensed Edition  (Read 604 times)

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
Primal Dreams- Special Condensed Edition
« on: March 18, 2008, 09:56:00 AM »
Many folks have ask in the past and have offered to help spread the message contained in our NEW special condensed edition of our Primal Dreams hunting video. The new version is ready to ship.  We have a description of the new edition up on our website.   http://www.brothersofthebow.com/html/condensedversion.html      
You can also find a complete description and heartfelt testimony of the original 2 hour version on the site as well.    www.brothersofthebow.com

Basically the Special Condensed Edition it is a 50 minute version of the original award winning hunting film. This film has touched the lives of many thousands of hunters and non-hunters alike. By condensing the video and remastering, we were able to maintain the integrity of the message and in fact increased the frequency of the narrations. This has improved the flow of the video and should increase the attention of a non-hunting viewer. The running time will fit better into a classroom setting and we feel is perfect for libraries, hunter-education classes, church and other youth groups, sportsmen clubs, 4-H, and scouting groups.

We realize that many sportsmen clubs in the country promote hunting through their youth programs, conservation initiatives, and community outreach. Many have funds available and are looking for new ways to help. We think that this Special Condensed Edition could be an important tool to help spread the message of the true heart of a hunter. The clubs can purchase DVDs in bulk from us, but would get recognized for their efforts directly from the recipient parties. The retail price is $15, but we are currently offering 50% off the retail price if ordering a case of 100 DVDs ($750 / case + S&H).

Please consider Primal Dreams- Special Condensed Edition at your next board meeting. If you are interested, could you please reply to Gene Wensel directly at   [email protected]    or call him at 641-693-9100.

Thank you all so much, Mike

Offline barebow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Primal Dreams- Special Condensed Edition
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 12:08:00 PM »
Herdbull,

Congratulations on the launching of the new special condensed edition of the Primal Dreams hunting video.  It sounds like a great idea for all the reasons you mentioned.

Is there any chance you guys would consider making an audio CD from the full length version of Primal Dreams with the soundtrack and narration? It would really be nice to listen to while driving down the road.
"Killing an animal is intrinsic to the hunt. It shouldn't be glorified, but conducted with respect and reverence..." - Gene Wensel _ Primal Dreams

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 12:18:00 PM »
barebow -
We are discussing just. The impact would not be the same without the visual side, so the CD would mostly be directed towards folks who have already seen the film. It would; however, be another way for the message to be exposed to more people including non-hunters while they are held captive in the vehicle during the journey. The 45 to 50 minute sound track should work well. Good idea and stay tuned. Mike

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 12:25:00 PM »
This 50 min. version should have been the version from the beginning.  

Many of my friends have found the original to be long, boring, repetitive, and a with a noticable lack of hunting action.  

Unfortunately, this is the typical review I hear and am doubtful a shorter version will become a hit.

As for me, I really like the long version but am afraid I am in the minority.
Lon Scott

Offline Smallwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 12:32:00 PM »
Mike, any chance of you guys filming one of Barry and Gene's bootcamps and making a video out of it for people how can't make one in person? Just an idea...

Offline DRR324

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 01:24:00 PM »
Well, I can agree with Blackhawk on one point, I like the "full" version as well.  My kids 9,11,13 thought it was great, with awesome footage.  My wife thought the same- it was a great video to watch without the usual packed killing shots.  She and my oldest daughter only watched it once, but my younger daughter and son have watched it just as many times as I have.
Anytime we can glean some insight to Gene and Barrys every day world, I am all over it.  Would like nothing more than to be able to attend a Texas trip with them some day.  Unfortunately, my money tree gets picked dry each month, and our vacations are planned around travel softball tourneys.  I promised my son I would take him on a pig hunt in Texas when he is a bit older and can shoot well with 40 lbs.  The way the years are flying by now, it won't be long, should probably plant another money tree in the back yard......
Pittsley Predator Classic
53# @ 28"
Easton Axis FMJ Camo-400's w/150g RazorCaps

"Dad, know what I like most about deer hunting?  The adrenaline rush you get when you know your going to get a shot at one"- my son Tyler after his first miss..

Offline Mdbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 01:34:00 PM »
Herdbull,

Do you think Gene will have some of these at the PBS gaithering in Pittsburgh? If so, I'm sure I would buy one as well as many others in attendence.

Stan

Offline JohnV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 01:38:00 PM »
For those that think Primal Dreams was long, boring, and repetitive...I guess these guys/gals just don't get it.  They probably would be better entertained with the whack em and stack em videos that provide non-stop killing enjoyment.
Proud Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 02:06:00 PM »
Mdbowman - Yes we will have the condensed verion available at PBS.

Most folks who have seen the full length version were happy with it and were entertained. There is no real need for them to get the condensed verion unless they want to give it as a gift to a non-hunter or a non-traditional bowhunter. We feel that the condensed edtion will fit that audience a little better. And again, the purpose is to get the news out there to sortsmen clubs and other non-bowhunting clubs that there may be a new pro-hunting tool available for them to enhance there community efforts. For intance, schools and libraies may not be so apt to order a copy, but would certainly accept a donated gift from a hunting group. Like wise if your organization is trying to get your pro-hunting message and needs across to a wildlife board or government agency that holds your future in their hands, this DVD may help. What better way that to offer them this 50 minute film gift that may help them undertand who you are and what you are about. These donations may help build a stronger relationship. Certainly if you can't afford one, but other wise like the idea, then all we ask is that you let your state or local bowhunting organization know about the Brothers of the Bow offer. We have no sponsores or product endorsements for this video. Thanks for your help. Mike

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 02:09:00 PM »
Well said John.  

I felt the first edition was more along the lines of a movie than your typical hour hunting video. A very welcome change.  The sound track alone made the first edition well worth the couch time.

Offline Seeking Trad Deer

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 06:08:00 PM »
Originally posted by Smallwood:
Mike, any chance of you guys filming one of Barry and Gene's bootcamps and making a video out of it for people how can't make one in person? Just an idea...
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
The Lord is my Shepherd

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 07:31:00 PM »
long, boring, repetitive? IT MUST BE ME, but give me more of the same, PLEASE!!!!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Two Arrows

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 12:01:00 AM »
The first edition was awesome, you guys deserve to feel proud of it!

I understand the idea of editing of it for educational reasons. I'll talk to as many people as I can, to see if some more sales can be generated for it.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 09:13:00 AM »
I loved it. You guys put on to film the total feel of what it is like out there. It's not about the kill it's about how we get there...

Offline archenemy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 09:47:00 AM »
I think I've watched that movie more than any other movie in my life.  My 17 month old son will throw a fit if he doesn't get to watch part of it at least every 24 to 48 hours.  He knows it so well that when the deer at the beginging shakes his and head and snorts, my son beats him to it.  When the moose in the river shakes off the water, my son beats him to it.  When the hunter makes the yelps when the skunk is in the scene with the decoy, my son beats him to it. when the bow noises are heard my son always goes ooooooooooh!  We never get tired of watching.  Except for my wife.  Especially when my son bangs on the tv screaming DEER, DEER, DEER until she starts the movie.  
 I CAN'T WAIT FOR PART II TO COME OUT!!!  (hint, hint)

Archenemy
I am my own worst enemy!!!

Offline Wary Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 09:54:00 AM »
The first one was great.  As a teacher, I can see where this condensed one will be excellent as well, both for shorter 'class' settings (incl. bow ed) and also for spouses and others not totally immersed in hunting.

Boring?  There's a Fast Forward or Skip button on the remote, isn't there?  I realize each of us is different, but if someone finds Primal Dreams (long version) boring, how in the heck can they sit on a tree stand or still hunt for 2-3 hours?  I teach high schoolers and hear that word 'boring' all the time and at some point every quarter or semester, the kids get the Lambley Lecture on how that is the lamest excuse I've ever heard...

Sorry, but the only time I recall being bored is in our school inservice days...and I find ways to break the boredom even then.
"Here's a picture of me when I was younger."
"Heck, every picture is of you when you were younger."
--from Again to Carthage, John L. Parker, Jr.

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 12:15:00 PM »
Hey guys, it's time for the Sequel!

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2008, 01:45:00 PM »
Why doesn't Barry do more narration? Is it because Gene has a better singing voice?
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2008, 02:17:00 PM »
Biggie

We actually did have an audition. My brother Carcass sounded too much like Sylvester Stallone and we kept thinking that Adrianne or Apollo Creed was going to come out of the bushes soon. Barry had too much NE accent. Pine snakes came out sounding like “paaine shhnaaakesssh”. Me and my other brother Whitey sounded very good on tape, but unfortunately, neither one of us can read. So…. Gene won out over stiff competition! We think he did very well overall; however, there is still some folks out there who feel it would have been much improved had we used G. Fred.   Ha!  :>)

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2008, 02:41:00 PM »
Read! What do you mean read...I thought those were all off the cuff, deep from Gene's vast repertoire of wisdom.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©