3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Primal Dreams- Special Condensed Edition  (Read 605 times)

Offline Gene Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Primal Dreams- Special Condensed Edition
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2008, 10:20:00 PM »
Carcass sounded like Sylvester Stallone, but Mike sounded like Rocky Balboa and Whitey sounded like Mr. Rogers. We added more verbage in the condensed version to hammer home that hunting is more of a passion or instinct than a "sport." When I was in school (many, many years ago) we used to have weekly "assemblies" where all students were forced to watch movies about drunk driving, safety with tools, sexually transmitted diseases, the hazards of smoking, etc. Can you imagine the positive impact hunting would get if a pro-hunting perspective was shown in thousands of middle and high schools across the nation? I just came back from ameeting with Boone & Crockett Club officials. B&C has just recently distributed over 70,000 hunting ethics DVDs to hunter-ed classes across the country. Their efforts are to be applauded but our school classrooms are where the message really needs to be heard.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2008, 10:32:00 PM »
good luck on the updated Primal Dreams.

I found the one I have is great... Very well done.

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2008, 02:44:00 AM »
Bryce, whenever I had a student say that he was BORED, I gave him the infamous Logsdon Lecture:  "Sorry, but if you're bored then it probably means that YOU'RE A BORING PERSON!"  That always shut-em up:^) Worked for 30 years!
Gary Logsdon

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2008, 02:49:00 AM »
By the way, our local high school has a copy of the original Primal Dreams in their media center plus the agriculture dept. worked it into their wildlife curriculum.  Finally, the resource officer shows it to his Just Say No club each year.
Gary Logsdon

Offline T.J.

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2008, 05:46:00 AM »
I don't need the condensed version myself because I love the original. It's the perfect thing to watch when I can't get out in the woods. But I will point any one I can think of in the direction of your site because I think the video should be shown in every school. Great job guys!    :clapper:
"...Watching a buck turn back seeing his form melt away, a hunter will feel an inner smile. There's no other place he wishes to be and never does he feel more alive..."

~Gene Wensel (Primal Dreams)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2008, 08:40:00 AM »
Thanks T.J.
Gary Logsdon of Logsdon Studios is the man behind the Brothers of the Bow site. We added a lot of informative things there resently, including tributes to both Paul Schafer and Bart Schleyer. It is not complete, and we plan to add more rare photos, but we want it to be a bridge to our past heritage. There are other items on there that the proceeds go to the Nation Wild Sheep Foundation and the Professional Bowhunter Society. These are some of many examples where the Wensels are giving back. I applaud them and you for helping us send a positive message of what true hunting is about.  Mike

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2008, 11:57:00 AM »
Thanks for reminding me that I haven't finished setting up all of the photos Mike. . . er, I think:^).
Gary Logsdon

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2008, 03:55:00 PM »
Ha!  You got me Gary! Ha!  You also set up a very cool page of hunt photos and memories, but you didn't get a chance to put any pics in it yet. I told a tguy we could see Whitey buck up on the site, but forgot you went hunt'n down in Texas and could finish. Ha!  Who is that guy in the hat anyway?  Ha! Hang in there brotha! Just messing with ya.:>)

Offline T.J.

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2008, 08:30:00 PM »
Gary great job on the updated website! I love the slightly new look and the game camera photos. I'm gonna have to get the couple dvd's I don't have on there and also a cap and decal.

Mike is that you on the rock face in the back round photo in the new photos section? That is absolutely beautiful! Also have you ever thought of writing a book about the solo hunts you've done?

Keep up the great work that you guys do. It gives some of us stuff to inspire to.
"...Watching a buck turn back seeing his form melt away, a hunter will feel an inner smile. There's no other place he wishes to be and never does he feel more alive..."

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2008, 08:29:00 AM »
TJ
Yes that is me in that photo last fall in Colorado. My camp was at 12500 ft and I hunted up towards the Continental Divide every day for mule deer. I saw a great many bucks. I can be very selective (my wife calls me picky) and ended up not taking one, but got very close on many occasions and captured great footage for the PD sequel.  Yes Gary did an awesome job of laying out that page and will get to putting some photos in there when he gets a chance. I gave a seminar called “Cleansing the Soul” at the Wis. Trad Archers banquet this past weekend where I spoke of my solo hunting. I have gone on a 2- to 3-week solo hunt every year since 1994. Book?-  several folks have ask me the same thing. Maybe someday. I tend to do things that are fun, so if I start one and it seems fun I may continue. I guess that is the best answer I can give right now, but it is humbling to know you are interested.   Thanks, Mike

Offline archenemy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2008, 08:41:00 AM »
Did I hear (read) Primal Dreams sequel?  Any potential release dates yet?
I am my own worst enemy!!!

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2008, 09:46:00 AM »
archenemy
We are going to try for a big push this fall and tie a bunch of loose ends. We are hoping for summer 2009, but its really up to the stars (and our editing time away from families). Ha!  That is about the best answer I can give right now. Mike

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2008, 10:58:00 AM »
Thanks for the support guys.  I'm working on getting more photos up as we speak . . . give me a few days:^)
Gary Logsdon

Offline Gene Hall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2008, 11:09:00 AM »
While on a long flight a couple of weeks ago, I was playing Primal Dreams on my laptop using ear phones.  Apparently I had a guy and a gal behind me and one gal beside me stop me as we got off the plane and asked what I was watching and how to get a copy.  They all said it was the most astounding outdoors photography they had ever seen.  I can only imagine the response had they been able to hear it as well.
  The point is... the original is "THE ORIGINAL!"  Best of the best.  I, for one, thank you guys mightily.
  Gene Hall

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2008, 12:48:00 PM »
I loved every second of Primal Dreams and couldn't find anything negative about it...Great Job to all who had part of making Primal Dreams...I got to see places and animals I may never see but I can Dream... Thanks Fellas...Keefers <")))><

Offline T.J.

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2008, 08:07:00 PM »
Gene that's funny because I watched mine on a plane as well and had someone stop me and ask about it.

Mike thanks for the answer and if you're ever around Ohio and speak please post it so I can attend and hopefully for the rest of us you'll find writing fun    :biglaugh:

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2008, 04:52:00 PM »
Wouldn't it be great for hunting if some silver-tongued devil could convince the airlines to show the condensed version with the pro-hunting message for the in-flight movie?

Offline PASQUINELL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2008, 07:56:00 PM »
I saw it at the Wisconsin Trad banquet with Mike. Very well done! Maybe somone out there has a relative with a silver tongue and works for the airline!
"I can skin a GRIZZ as fast as you can catch um"...HA! stay right there pilgrim I'll be back!
JOHN 3:16

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2008, 04:35:00 PM »
We will have it at PBS this weekend if you want to check it out before you decide (March 27-29) Mike.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©