3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What A Book!  (Read 225 times)

Offline Goose

• Trad Bowhunter
What A Book!
« on: March 18, 2008, 05:24:00 PM »
Well, I'm almost done reading it.  "Hunting With The Bow & Arrow" by Saxton Pope.  This is kind of a special book I'm reading since it is actually SIGNED by Saxton.  Yep, signed by him, the man himself!  As I read each chapter it is tough not to go back and look inside the cover at his signature, I try not to run my fingers over the ink.  I'm not sure I have ever held a book with so much mojo in it.  I guess I am lucky to have a friend that loaned me this book to read before it is gone.  Yep, gone.  He has donated it to PBS for the banquet auction in less than two weeks.  I believe you can still get a reprint of the book, but to hold and read the book Saxton himself held and signed is serious stuff.  Someone else will own this book before long, but I doubt I will ever forget my opportunity to actually read and hold this book.  A big thanks to my friend Dave Early for loaning me this book!
Goose
Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What A Book!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 05:28:00 PM »
:notworthy:    :campfire:

Offline One eye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 05:39:00 PM »
I know the feeling.  I have 3 of his books and still trying to fill out a collection of his books.  2 of mine are also signed by Dr. Pope.

Dan
“IMVHO, the cast is not in the wood it is cradled in the arms of the bowyer.” – George Tsoukalas

Offline bentstick_55

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 10:07:00 PM »
Can anyone bid on the book or do you have to be at the PBS banquet.
The greatest words a man can hear are, "Will you take me with you Daddy"????

Offline Goose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 12:21:00 AM »
You have to be at the banquet.
Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.

Offline Gapmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 12:26:00 AM »
I also have an original hardback signed by Saxton Pope. Received it years ago from a friend for a birthday present. A great book and one of my prized posessions. I thought about selling it many times, but I would have no idea what something like that is worth, and I would probably kick myself if I did it.  :)
"Just passing through"

Offline brettlandon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 12:30:00 AM »
Humbling ain't it?

-Brett
Excellence is achieved, not purchased.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©