3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: To Those Promised (TWB Calls) (New item added 03/30)  (Read 560 times)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
To Those Promised (TWB Calls) (New item added 03/30)
« on: March 18, 2008, 05:43:00 PM »
Most of you know who you are (some may even be tired of waiting), some will be surprised . Not all are on this forum. Most everyone knows I make Turkey Wing Bone calls, and most know I do not sell them. Most do know that I do donate them to auctions, drives, raffles, etc., trade them for "things" I want/need, and surprise deserving friends with one, from time to time     ;)     . Since mid-winter there has been a lot of that sort of thing (auctions and trades, etc.) going on -     :eek:     and this ol' hoss got way further behind than I like to get in anything in my life. I also have been taking up new crafts/hobbies (arrows,bows,knives) and I have had to do those things as I have the materials and information (freely given) at hand - before I forget how -      :D    

All this to say - Take Heart, recipients! I now am caught up on all the building I have planned, at this time, (God, please don't let me have forgotten anyone) on TWB Calls and am actually ready to do the "Personalizing and Decorating". I hope to have that all done, and start mailing them out, with in the next week or two.

Pics taken today 03/18/08:

Thanks for bearing with me, all of you wonderful friends and folks - I mean it. Bless you all, bless us all.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Tique

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: To Those Promised (TWB Calls) (New item added 03/30)
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 05:59:00 PM »
Nice looking calls Bernie; they are sure to make some lucky people real happy. Hope you are saving one for St. Judes; I'm saving my money.   :thumbsup:
Untested ideas are not facts.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 06:06:00 PM »
I hope to do one for the St. Judes Auction again this year Tique, thank you for asking - but it's not in this batch LOL - (I really did get behind - shame on me!). I think I have enough bones left to eck one out for St. Judes - my very favorite cause of all!

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline BKA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 10:52:00 PM »
Well everyone understands Berrnie, with all the things you are up to.
Call making,Bowmaking,Grand kids,Shooting and DINO WRANGLING. Your a busy rascal!  :notworthy:  
Got the E mail with the paintings (Have seen the work before)Thank you.
Got my ST.Judes Boxcall done, want a sneek peek?
Check out my web page,if you havn't for awhile got a new update.

Brian

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 07:51:00 AM »
Brian, thanks - Oh, knive making now too - LOL

I bet the box call is a real winner (from your skills). They usually start up a sort of St. Judes "sneak peak" thread for items that folks plan to put up. I think most anyone starts it off, just by saying something to that effect in the subject line - and then kicking it off with their's as the first post. But in any case, Yes, I'd like a sneak peek, either on a thread like that or, if you don't want to do that, then right here in this thread. I wanta see, I wanta see!St. Judes will be upon us before we realize it, now that winter is ending.

(I will also check out your web page on your feather art again - I have it in my favorites)

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 07:54:00 AM »
What I want to know is, how was the turkey soup and did you save me a bowl?
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 08:02:00 AM »
Ha-ha, you got that idea right, VTm. A couple of those did produce Rose's latest big batch of Turkey Soup - It is deliceous, as usual - and you can bet we still have some in the freezer. (a separated neighbor got some too, and now he keeps hanging around the driveway like a stray dog -   ;)  )

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 08:12:00 AM »
Your driveway is a little far for me right now sadly. Post a pic of the soup so I can dream though. lol
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline BKA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 05:13:00 PM »
Well Bernie,
I'll just wait till the auction gets closer and someone starts the tread. Will probably have some more things to put up by them. Besides the only other thing you have to wait on is ATAR right.

Brian

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 10:27:00 PM »
Uhhhh - Kinda -   :goldtooth:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 08:37:00 PM »
OK - the first half, finished and ready for pack/ship (I do the ones with only one winding first - LOL):

The first two are just one of the results of a fund raising aution for a couple of baby boys who got a rough start in life. They are doing well now and their respective fathers are looking forward to taking them Turkey hunting with them in the future - the Dad's can change the lanyards as the boys grow/age. Number three is for a winner in that same auction whose favorite team colors are red and black. Number four, also won in a (different) auction, Is for the Founder of PaleoPlanet. Number five is for a chap who was  very  generous with chunks of Osage Orange for knife handles, etc. (some know him as "nugget"), Number six is a surprise for a gentleman who has been most generous with his leather work, specially embossed for this ol' Marine.

Hope everyone likes them. I have the other six decorated but not with their lanyards yet. I'll post them when I get finished, if you like.

Ha! I just noticed I have to put another (second) winding of sinew on # six - LOL

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Lewis Brookshire III

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 08:48:00 PM »
Those look great Bernie! You better post pics of the rest of them you know the man law!! LOL
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
- Jim Elliot: Missionary/Martyr.

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 08:57:00 PM »
Bernie

Got my wing bone call you sent me last year ready to hunt this year. Thanks good buddy!!!

Now....get your tail over to my thread here in pow wow called "My huntin buddy and his dog" and visit with John Davis. take care

John

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 09:33:00 PM »
OK, John but I don't think it'll call a Caribou - at least not all the way down here. Uh - wasn't that two years ago i gave that to you??? LOL

OK, Lewis - you know ... you might find one of special interest in that bunch - that is if my memory isn';t playing tricks on me    ;)   .

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 09:43:00 PM »
Ok, now you REALLY have to post pics of them!!!    :notworthy:

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 09:55:00 PM »
LOL

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 05:20:00 PM »
Ready, Pack, Ship - and this is how they looked just before going to the post Office this AM, heading out to the recipients. Heads up, Chuck Bunn, et al - LOL

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2008, 02:14:00 PM »
Just to finish this one off, here are pics of the second six from above, finished and ready to send out. You might see a name or two you recognize, or not, but they are all pretty much for good folks, who have done good deeds, IMO:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2008, 06:04:00 PM »
I REALLY like that one on the far left!!!  

:notworthy:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:

Offline T.J.

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2008, 06:21:00 PM »
:notworthy:
"...Watching a buck turn back seeing his form melt away, a hunter will feel an inner smile. There's no other place he wishes to be and never does he feel more alive..."

~Gene Wensel (Primal Dreams)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©