3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Morrison Custom Bows  (Read 1506 times)

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Morrison Custom Bows
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2008, 05:53:00 PM »
I have the Cheyenne and the Shawnee and they are both lousy. They are ugly, shoot crooked and make noises.
Sorry guys (and Killy) I can't do it. Yazoo, these are some of the best bows you will have in your hand. I've been a pain in Bob's a** ever since I shot my first one. I'm awaiting my foam core Arapho's right now. Man I can't wait. I'm already thinking about my next order. Unless Killy will sell me that riser of hers. Bobs skins are 2nd to NO ONE! His customer service is right with his skins. Ask Novelli about the fever, once you touch one, it's over!
JC,
Did you send Bob that block of wood you have been holding onto. I can't wait to see it finished!
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline C2@TheLibrary

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2008, 06:20:00 PM »
It's taken me a long time to pay it off but I will soon be the proud owner of a Bob Morrison ILF. I got an all phenolic riser, black epoxy finished limbs(black on black) for an inside a Double Bull blind bow. I can hardly wait. I had to sell my 1966 Kodiak to finish paying this bow off but I know it will be worth it.

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2008, 08:45:00 PM »
You wont regret it C2.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2008, 07:29:00 AM »
Mike, you mean this one?

:bigsmyl:  

I had them ship it directly to Bob's shop...when the moisture is right, he's going to do a Shawnee with midnight dymondwood center, this black and white ebony for the outsides. You can bet I'll post pics...should be a stunner.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2008, 08:03:00 AM »
JC, Dang, wish you hadn't reminded me about those Bow Bolt/Foam Cores  :eek:  tippit
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2008, 08:10:00 AM »
Happy to help brother....maybe you'll have to sell that ol junky drake to pay for one    :rolleyes:  ......I CALL DIBS!

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2008, 08:54:00 AM »
Thats it JC. I cannot wait to see that one!

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2008, 09:45:00 AM »
JC that wood looks like it will provide a natural "predator" camo!  That ought to be quite stunning...for our eyes and critters you shoot!
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2008, 01:04:00 PM »
For my 2 cents worth.

I have shot most of his bow models and the craftsmanship is excellent.  His bows are very effecient and, as such, top quality.

The question remains; Is it the best bow for you?  You will have to shoot one to find out.  

I was hell bent on ordering one, but after shootng them on 4 or 5 occasions I decided they weren't the right bow for me.  Just didn't feel right for some reason. Very accurate and very quiet, but didn't feel right somehow.

I did wind up feeling very comfortable with a different bow and was fortunate that it was significantly cheaper.

Just my opinion,
Charlie

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2008, 01:39:00 PM »
Charlie is correct...if you have not shot it, you really should. I wouldn't buy any bow without shooting a representative model first.

Offline Hattrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2008, 10:52:00 PM »
I SHOT 1 OF HIS ILF TD BOWS AT PITT, DAM THERE NICE!1 AN LUCKY ME, BLESS MY WIFE WITH A LITTLE WINE SHE BOUGHT ME 1 AT THE LADIES AUCTION. WHAT A HELL OF A SUPRISE!! I CAN`T WAIT TILL IT GETS HERE. SOUNDS LIKE THEY R GOOD BOWS!!  :pray:
Bull

Offline richbear

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2008, 11:18:00 PM »
Just got my new Cheyenne with foam core limbs and OH MY! I can't quit shooting it. Been used to shooting longbows of the high performance variety, not mentioning any brand but this Cheyenne has upped my 3d scores 20 points. Those foam core limbs are the smoothest drawing, shooting limbs I've ever shot. You gotta shoot one and check it out for yourself, you'll be amazed. ~Rich~
I ain't had this much fun since the hogs ate my little brother!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2008, 11:52:00 PM »
I totally agree Rich! Sure feels good in the hand with them on the riser too.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline crazyhorse86

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2010, 11:07:00 AM »
My first Morrison is coming soon, foam core limbs, I can hardly STAND it!  This thread is making it worse. (The only good thing is that I haven't been thinking about September as much, but when I get the bow Elk fever will return tenfold!)

Offline Pierre Lucas

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2010, 12:05:00 PM »
Every bow feels different to each individual.  My best advise is to shoot every bow that you can get a hold of and see which one of those speak to you.

With that said then you need to shoot a Morrison.  

I have shot a lot of bows and and had a lot that spoke to me but I finally found one that yelled at me.  Sold all my bows except my Zipper to get one of Mr. Morrison's bows and no regrets what so ever....Smooth,fast, dead in the hand and quiet.  Accurate, Yes.  Carbon,foam and skins.  ILF Mini 14".  I'm drawing around 27.5" with a 54" longbow limbs and smooth all the way.

What more can I say.  Hope this helps.  

(OK, Bob where's my 5 bucks...)

God Bless,   Pierre
>>>--TGMM Family of the Bow---->

"if you're not living on the edge, you're taking up to much space..." God Knows!
>>>----->  SBD...Bow Strings ..."not just another bow string"   www.sbdbowstrings.com

Offline wisconsin wood butcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2010, 02:21:00 PM »
pierre that is one fine ILF .morrison is at thetop of "my HAVEtoHAVE" list

Offline Steel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2010, 07:05:00 PM »
I have/had several of Bob's bows my favorite model I have owned so far has been the Cheyenne Recurves in 54" and 56". I have one of each right now carbon/foam limbs to save time I will say I haven't owned a recurve that shoots as fast or quiet myself.

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2010, 07:07:00 PM »
Well, I think everyone has been right on cue.  I have about seven of Bobs bows and for some odd reason want to order another one.  If JC has anymore of that black and white ebony or where I can get some let me know.  I'm fortunate enough to be able to harass Bob in person and he is one of the honest and sincere bowyers out there.

Offline L. E. Carroll

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2010, 08:54:00 PM »
Patrick ??

Just saw on page 2 where someone mentioned Novelli....I realized I had not seen him here in a while.  Anyone know whats up?  Not that I'm complaining, as his absence has allowed a few of us to acquire some really nice Morrison's.  He did however, seem like a nice guy with a real passion for Bob's Bows.

I'm really lucky at this time, as I have 3 of Bob's bows....the Shawnee/Dakota sure put an end to my search for... "The Bow"... for me.   :wavey:
Tall Tines R/C
64 Kodiak
69 Super Kodiak Big River replica
56" 55$# Static Tipped Kwyk Styk
Blacktail Elite
54 dual shelf Compass Kodiak

PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of WA.

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2010, 09:52:00 PM »
gene,

Novelli is no longer welcome on this site. Terry removed him about a month ago.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©