3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: We're not in Kansas anymore  (Read 3679 times)

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
We're not in Kansas anymore
« on: March 27, 2018, 05:14:19 PM »
The older I get the more I get set in my ways and don't like change. Having said that I'll give this new look a chance to prove it's self. Looks pretty good so far.

Already I like the picture posting changes.  :clapper:

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: We're not in Kansas anymore
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 09:17:45 PM »
I'm with ya Ron.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Sockrsblur

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Lake Placid Ironman Triathlete 2011, 2012, 2018
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 09:25:33 PM »
No Ron its not Kansas but there is coffee and tobacco for our pipes so lets stay :)

« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 09:32:27 PM by Sockrsblur »
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 10:00:20 PM »
👍
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 10:26:43 PM »
I'll post a thread a little late on the old platform so just look at this way Ron you just entered some new hunting grounds with a new camp you got explore it check it out find out where all the honey holes are just stopped and take your time man it's supposed to be a challenge just like a hunt. Glad you made it!!!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 08:47:00 AM »
I'm not one for big changes myself........but I can give it a try. Real easy to get stuck in a rut and ones old ways. Sometimes new is a good thing.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 09:59:08 AM »
I'll post a thread a little late on the old platform so just look at this way Ron you just entered some new hunting grounds with a new camp you got explore it check it out find out where all the honey holes are just stopped and take your time man it's supposed to be a challenge just like a hunt.

That's sound advice but it's just that Old Codgers develop a ritual type routine where they feel comfortable. They're not looking for new hunting grounds or more challengs so it takes them a little longer to ajust to change. I'm sure when I get use to the new forum it will become "comfortable" too.  :goldtooth:

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Steve D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 10:31:26 AM »
 I agree with the posted comments about the changes, just getting to set and used to a workable routine in my
later years.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2018, 12:37:38 PM »
 guys look at it as an investment into the future maybe that will help
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2018, 08:45:32 PM »
It's sorta like an enema, not sure you like it, but it doesn't hurt. :o
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Gun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2018, 08:52:58 PM »
Experimated with this during the setup. Seems pretty user friendly. One thing I wonder tho. I have quite a few Bookmarks from the old site. I checked a few and they're gone by the error page or coming to the home page. That's a bummer for me :dunno:
It's really simple. Just don't take those borderline shots. Tomorrow is another day.

Offline bucknut

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2018, 09:07:50 PM »
Ron, you don't have to be an old fart to not like change.  Us middle age guys can get set in our ways too.
Whom virtue unites death cannot separate.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2018, 09:25:40 PM »
 :biglaugh: I'm just not real tech savy..........
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2018, 12:49:42 AM »
I have to log in every time I return. Even though every time I do I click the "forever" button.
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain
TGMM Family of The Bow

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2018, 03:54:39 AM »
Looks great
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2018, 06:58:21 AM »
Experimated with this during the setup. Seems pretty user friendly. One thing I wonder tho. I have quite a few Bookmarks from the old site. I checked a few and they're gone by the error page or coming to the home page. That's a bummer for me :dunno:

yep, all bookmarks from the old site are gone and for good reason - the old site is also gone!

sorry about that, not a thing we can do about it other than if and when you use that old link you'll be sent to the new site front door instead of getting an "Error 403!".

we absolutely HAD to move out of our old camp, there was no choice in the matter of staying or leaving.

change is a double edged sword for humans.  something we love to hate, but like everything in life, change is gonna happen and it's best confronted with resolve rather than kickin and screamin   :dunno:  :wavey:  :campfire:
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline curlis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2018, 07:48:20 PM »
I think it looks great!
Pick a spot and concentrate!

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2018, 08:07:44 PM »
this afternoon, i got this email ...

"It is probably I am old and adverse to change but I not pleased with your new format. I do not contribute very often but I do enjoy reading what the other guys are talking about. As it is I can read their posts but am unable to see the pictures posted. I do not remember my pass word not using it that often."

he signed the email with a cryptic name that's not in our system, and neither was his email address.

so this old and adverse person is not pleased with the new format (that he gets for free) but has not logged in (because he forgot his password that he rarely uses), doesn't share often but does enjoy reading posts (at the expense of others who are here to share), can't see images (because his doesn't understand it's a browser issue), and forgot his password so that he can log into the trad gang site he's not pleased about and vicariously read our posts without him posting and sharing.

this is a community camp.  we're here because we enjoy sharing, helping, learning.  we're not a one way street.  i hope this feller has a change of heart.

:campfire:
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Paul Shirek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2018, 10:41:16 AM »
This is an amazing improvement! Perhaps the best part is the picture posting ease... Here's some of my deer this year and a couple pictures of Swiss mountains my wife and I were able to visit last summer...

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2018, 11:20:17 AM »
Old version, new version - its all good with me.
I'm just glad its here for me to use and learn and share.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©