3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Few Questions ?  (Read 1722 times)

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Few Questions ?
« on: March 27, 2018, 05:19:16 PM »
 I noticed before the migration over to the new website that I had over 4000 posts made maybe 4250 or more and now it shows in my Avatar just over 3300 something and just wondering why did the count go down not that it matters just curious.
  Next question is I have two arrows above my avatar and someone else may have 4 blue ones and trying to figure if it means anything?
  Just trying to figure things out and hope it's o.k. to ask?

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
Re: Few Questions ?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 05:29:40 PM »
I noticed before the migration over to the new website that I had over 4000 posts made maybe 4250 or more and now it shows in my Avatar just over 3300 something and just wondering why did the count go down not that it matters just curious.

the old forum had tons of issues and your post count over there *might* not have been correct.

this move was Horrendous, chock fulla problems and pitfalls, and it might not have read the old database correctly for reasons that have to do solely with the old and very tired database (all forums are based on databases).

Next question is I have two arrows above my avatar and someone else may have 4 blue ones and trying to figure if it means anything?
  Just trying to figure things out and hope it's o.k. to ask?

sure, those broadheads represent membergroups and here they are ...

IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Florida lime

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 06:43:06 PM »
I show 2 black broadheads, but I am a 2018 contributor. Is this something that will get sorted out in the near future ?

I do have access to the Classifieds, so that aspect is working.
Martin-Hunter & Bamboo Viper, Black Widow Camo PLX, Holm-made Osprey, Toelke-SS #5 & Super D, Brackenbury Drifter, Wes Wallace Mentor, Kimber Huntsman,  Rose Oak-Wildcat II, Ocelot, Ace & 2 Heritage TDs, Bear-'67½  SK & '59 Kodiak Special - all LH

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 06:50:45 PM »
I show 2 black broadheads, but I am a 2018 contributor. Is this something that will get sorted out in the near future ?

it was not easy to move over the contributor 2018 group because it never was a real group in the old forum.

all members that login come over as membergoup 'trad bowhunter', but they can also be associated with other membergroups and that's what we had to do with the 'contributor 2018' members from the old forum.  i can see that association in your profile but you can't.  when november 2018 rolls around that membergroup will be deleted and then anyone wishing to continue as a contributing member (classifieds) can get instant access via the paid subscriptions tab in your profile.

:campfire:

Offline Florida lime

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 06:53:54 PM »
 :thumbsup:
Martin-Hunter & Bamboo Viper, Black Widow Camo PLX, Holm-made Osprey, Toelke-SS #5 & Super D, Brackenbury Drifter, Wes Wallace Mentor, Kimber Huntsman,  Rose Oak-Wildcat II, Ocelot, Ace & 2 Heritage TDs, Bear-'67½  SK & '59 Kodiak Special - all LH

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 06:55:23 PM »
hadda do that manually ....  :o   :goldtooth:

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 07:02:34 PM »
  Thanks Rob for the explanation and I'm sure you guys will be getting hammered with questions and I probably didn't help matter's none.   It's like sitting in the cockpit of a 747 and trying to figure out what all the controls do for some of us  :biglaugh:

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 07:09:07 PM »
don't need to do it manually, it's now auto fixed for all contrib 2018 members, thanx to ruben remembering that i had 'custom titles' turned on in the /smf test site.

:bigsmyl:

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2018, 08:18:55 AM »
My contributor status didn’t auto fix....
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline ShrtRnd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2018, 08:41:36 AM »
Anyone else getting a secondary window pop up when you first click on a thread to view it?

Robertson Stykbow Peregrine 60" #65@29"
Robertson Stykbow Prairie Falcon 62" #62@29"
Robertson Stybow Mystical 66" #60@28"
Stalker Coyote FXT  RC 62" #53@29"

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2018, 08:48:57 AM »
Yes, I get the secondary window as well...
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2018, 08:49:28 AM »
Anyone else getting a secondary window pop up when you first click on a thread to view it?

that's a feature - topic preview.

Offline hitman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2018, 10:25:07 AM »
I have 2 arrows for trad Bowhunters above my name and I am a contributing member. What's up with that? Also what is the difference between contributing member and contributor?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 10:29:42 AM by hitman »
Black Widow PSAX RH 58" 47#@28
Samick Sage 62" 40#@28"
PSA Kingfisher RH 45#@28
Treadway longbow RH 60" 46#at 28"
W.Va. Bowhunters Association life member
Pope and Young associate member
Mississippi Traditional Bowhunters life member

Offline Florida lime

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2018, 11:01:17 AM »

it was not easy to move over the contributor 2018 group because it never was a real group in the old forum.

all members that login come over as membergoup 'trad bowhunter', but they can also be associated with other membergroups and that's what we had to do with the 'contributor 2018' members from the old forum.  i can see that association in your profile but you can't.  when november 2018 rolls around that membergroup will be deleted and then anyone wishing to continue as a contributing member (classifieds) can get instant access via the paid subscriptions tab in your profile.

:campfire:

Answered above.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 11:03:13 AM by Florida lime »

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2018, 11:03:32 AM »
I'm a Sponsor, and I have two. Your chart signifies there should be 4   
Actually it say's I'm a moderator  :dunno:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 11:05:35 AM by Ron LaClair »
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline monterey

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2018, 12:47:30 PM »
Ron, that's how they get their volunteers!
Monterey

"I didn't say all that stuff". - Confucius........and Yogi Berra

Offline Florida lime

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2018, 12:53:30 PM »
Big pay raise with that promotion !  :laughing:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©