3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Need a Welder for Treestand idea?  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Need a Welder for Treestand idea?
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 07:30:00 AM »
Serial number should be 351

That's an inside joke guys...I can't share it with ya'll but Marty can..ask him
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2008, 08:17:00 AM »
351....is Biggie's fighting weight, he hasn't seen it in years, But he better get down to it if he pushes the 351 serial number!

Offline brettlandon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2008, 08:57:00 AM »
You guys are a HOOT!  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:  

-Brett
Excellence is achieved, not purchased.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2008, 10:20:00 AM »
Gang, Marty has been after Joey for years to make him a Swamp Rooter Recurve. There are only 4 of these in the world. Matt Shuster has one, I have one, there's one at the bottom of the river in Alaska, and of course, Joey has one.
The problem is, Joey only wants his bows to go to people who can make hero pictures with them.......

PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2008, 10:57:00 AM »
Won't know until I get one, will I? How many times are you gonna show us Jill's pet turkey?

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2008, 05:43:00 PM »
Marty,

I'm hunting with Matt this weekend. If he has the bow I'll swipe it for you. Us Fla boys have to stick together.
DonD

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2008, 05:46:00 PM »
Also I may send up a treestand with Matt for you guys to look at. EMT and expanded metal and it holds my 245. Had my last couple for 20 years and they're still in great shape. I need a good welder.
DonD

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2008, 06:33:00 PM »
245 is light heavyweight at best Don, we're talking about stands for full grown men.....

Get ready to eat canned soup all weekend, Shusters specialty
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2008, 07:16:00 PM »
That Schuster fella sure gets around, I'd say he's permiscuis when it comes to huntin partners and camps!

Offline Squirrel Bait

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2008, 07:31:00 PM »
Yeah permiscuis my butt Marty, He'll hunt with anybody that will feed his sorry butt.
If you've never been in the woods at daylight, and seen the world come alive, you haven't " Lived".

Offline JockC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2008, 09:37:00 PM »
Joebuck,
If you have a step design that would allow me to shoot a longbow from my Web, I'd sure like to see it.  I love Guido's seat, but I have trouble with bow clearance.
Jock
TGMM Family of the Bow
Hunting should be hard.

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2008, 01:37:00 PM »
Well, We fed Matt beef tenderloin, one cooked traditional seared with salt pepper and garlic the other stuffed with peppercinis,pickled figs,some type of sweet onion preserve, served rare. Fresh turnip greens,garlic mashed taters,rattatouii(don't know what was in it but it was good)spinach salad, chocolate cake and Ben and Jerry's. Matt slept in this morning.

He was so appreciative that he gave me the bow Joey made. That is one nice bow so I don't think I can let Marty have it.

The highlight of Matt's turkey hunt was blowing out a bird that another guest was working. He needs to keep his hat on, that head is like a Q-beam.

I may have to make a trip up to see you guys. I want to pick up one of those hunting chairs and I need a good welder, that understands stands , to make up a few stands for me. Meant to send one with Matt but forgot.
DonD

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2008, 02:19:00 PM »
Matt goes all week eating cheese crackers just hoping someone will invite him hunting on the weekend so he can eat some real food....

we're wise to him but you guys fell for it....
wonder were he'll go next weekend???

Congrats on getting the Swamp Rooter...that's really gonna make Marty mad!!!
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2008, 02:57:00 PM »
Don, I'm pretty sure it's a fake. When Joey and Matt were roommates, Matt had access to Joey's Logo's and other raw materials.You know Matt, he couldn't pass it up. It's probably a Robertson, one's missing sinse he was down to see us!

Maybe Matt will do an article on Who's Who of hunting camp cooks. He's mooched off the best!

As far as turkeys, All you can do is put 'em on 'em. It's up to them after that!

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2008, 04:43:00 PM »
Oh we'll invite anyone for steak weekend. He'll have to earn an invite for fish fry weekend. And he's not qualified for nurse's weekend.

A fake bow?? That fits Schuster's m.o.

As far as next weekend , he said something about having to sign autographs at some banquet.
DonD

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2008, 09:18:00 PM »
I'm goina get me a Swampy Rooter too.  I'm going over to Uncle Ed's tonight for dinner and he said he'd tell which river to look for the lost bow!

You should of seen the look on Shoe's face when I handed him a bag of Mtn House 8 miles up the Kalalou trail on Kauai.  I won't make the top ten best camp cook award with that!

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2008, 08:50:00 AM »
Nurse's weekend? I 've been feelin poorly lately, does that qualify?

Matt signin autographs , Who's he impersonatin there? I heard he's givin a seminar about regional hunting camp grub-from coast to coast.

I like that Swampy Rooter name. Before you know it everybody will have one. Biggie killed a turkey over the weekend behind his house, BUT didn't use his Swampy Rooter! He'll never get another one!

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2008, 03:07:00 PM »
Steve Ho....it's the Aniak River south west Alaska.....Ed almost killed us twice on that trip...I gladly didn't mind donately my bow to the hunt demons. If you go anywhere with Ed, leave a last will and testament handy. he has 2 left oars!

GatorDon, Schuster must be smokin crack toting my bow around. He has been tied at the hip with that Quillian bow since 1995!

Hoensese and Schuster are lost twins....no hair, CHEAP, will eat anything, bowhunt 350 days a year, highly educated and never changed a diaper
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2008, 03:18:00 PM »
LOL I take it your all set on the welder....

By the way that EMT conduit welds up nice with a torch and filler rod.I'd almost prefer it to my bigger machine that'd blow hole's thru way to easy without nockin the power way way down.Thinkin of adding the tig attachment to her but I only use it for myself and when the power goes out.Thats the main reason I bought it needed a generator and for a few bucks more got a welder/gererator

I test all my stands 1-2' off the ground with myself and 2 lg bud's in the stand at the same time app. 700#s I don't want to be up real high and find out there's a problem

good luck!
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2008, 03:44:00 PM »
I hadn't Swamp.. I'm still drawing it out..i'll PM you a drawing and ask you if it will fly. it will be a cross between the old climax stand and Steppladder!?!
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©