3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Old threads will not come up on google?  (Read 2940 times)

Offline el greco

• Trad Bowhunter
Old threads will not come up on google?
« on: April 02, 2018, 06:17:26 PM »
Hey folks,
when " googling", random  trad archery related stuff that pops up in mind, usually the first threads that pop up in google are from this site. Yet, when I click on the link, instead of taking me to that specific subject, it takes me to Tradgang's home page. What am I missing out? :dunno:
From my cold,dead hands..

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Old threads will not come up on google?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 06:28:37 PM »
 If you're going from a bookmark bookmarks won't work anymore please tell us if you're going from a bookmark
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Pat Ct

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 06:35:44 PM »
Yep, same here... Straight from Google, not bookmarked or favorites, just typing in anything into Google's search bar.  Before, it used to redirect to the specific page but now it just shows TradGang Homepage.  No big deal, just thought I'd chime in.  Congrats and thanks to all that made the switch possible!!

Offline el greco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 06:36:15 PM »
Nope. I just googled " traditional bow hospital" since I have an old bow that I want the weight reduced. As we speak, I am sitting on my desk, on my laptop. The 5th or 6th result down the line, was a small list of old threads from Tradgang. When I hit one of them , ..nothing... It will take me to Tradgangs home page. It has been like that for me for a few days. Same thing from my cellphone.

Offline el greco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 06:37:50 PM »
Yep, same here... Straight from Google, not bookmarked or favorites, just typing in anything into Google's search bar.  Before, it used to redirect to the specific page but now it just shows TradGang Homepage.  No big deal, just thought I'd chime in.  Congrats and thanks to all that made the switch possible!!

UHH? no big deal? No offence mate, but there is a treasure of knowledge accumulated in this site. Whats the purpose if we can't access it?

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 06:43:41 PM »
Old threads on Google will not come up because they are from the old software site...

And the old site is not in service anymore.

Offline el greco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 06:49:09 PM »
Old threads on Google will not come up because they are from the old software site...

And the old site is not in service anymore.

That's funny. So moderators and owners yall cool with it? You do realise that even in the search function of this new site old threads won't pull up right?
Yes, this is awesome :clapper:
And fyi, I just contributed my 30$ in this site, I am not trying to catch a free ride. I myself, believe have made small contributions in this site over the years. Nice to see all this knowledge go down the drain.. But hey! The new layout looks Good! Hooray!!!

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 07:09:14 PM »
That could be possible, or maybe you can't find them.

You need to realise the conversion from the old software to this new software was not an easy thing to do.

Rob, and Ruben worked their tails off to do the best they could with what was possible.

Not all software programs are compatible..

Offline Pat Ct

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 07:24:36 PM »

UHH? no big deal? No offence mate, but there is a treasure of knowledge accumulated in this site. Whats the purpose if we can't access it?

No offense taken, but you should really take into account the work that went into this endeavor.  Any kind of "move" of such characteristics is bound to have some issues at first and I think we should all have a little patience and understanding.   Cheers!  Pat.

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2018, 08:01:16 PM »
Hey folks,
when " googling", random  trad archery related stuff that pops up in mind, usually the first threads that pop up in google are from this site. Yet, when I click on the link, instead of taking me to that specific subject, it takes me to Tradgang's home page. What am I missing out? :dunno:

1. any links to the old site URLs will take you nowhere in a hurry, because as already mentioned, they are no longer

2. this new forum is on a new server that does NOT have the tradgang.com address!  it is tradgang.net for now but will eventually become tradgang.com at a future date.  google will need to harvest tradgang.net in order for google searches to pick up tradgang.com searches.

3. what topic are you searching out and didja do a search here?

IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2018, 08:04:24 PM »
 if you don't mind I'd like for you to give us a chance to look into it... that was the whole reason for the conversion was to move all the threads over ...we could just started over and not taken 9 months to do this... but I'd appreciate you giving us a chance to look into this without jumping down our throat if you don't mind... I had no idea because it was working earlier let us see what we can do okay?

I can assure you of one thing there's nobody going to be upset more than me about it if they're lost okay I can promise you that you're nowhere near as upset as me if they're gone cuz that was the whole purpose of all this work we did ....so sit back and chill for a minute

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2018, 08:13:25 PM »
I just pulled up hard-earned trophy a story about a hog got killed in 2009 evidently they're still here I'll check some more later

Offline el greco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2018, 08:32:49 PM »
if you don't mind I'd like for you to give us a chance to look into it that... was the whole reason for the conversion was to move all the threads over ...we could just start it over and not taken 9 months to do this but I'd appreciate you giving us a chance to look into this without jumping down our throat if you don't mind... I had no idea because it was working earlier let us see what we can do okay?

I can assure you of one thing there's nobody going to be upset more than me about it if they're lost okay I can promise you that you're nowhere near as upset as me if they're gone cuz that was the whole purpose of all this work we did ....so sit back and chill for a minute

Thanks Terry.
I feel better with your answer. FYI, the search function on the site doesnt work (at least for me ) either.

Offline el greco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2018, 08:38:02 PM »
Nevermind. Tried again the search function here, this time it worked.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2018, 08:40:09 PM »
 :campfire: :thumbsup: :archer2:

Offline Coach Jones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2018, 09:44:41 PM »
Do a google search and it won't come up when you click on it.  However, just highlight and copy the thread title when it comes up.  Then go to trad gang pull up the search feature and paste in the thread title.  Then you have it.  Works like a charm.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2018, 09:48:43 PM »
^5 Jeff..................

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2018, 10:24:24 PM »
Nevermind. Tried again the search function here, this time it worked.

well, wonders will never cease, will they?  amazing.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2018, 12:11:17 AM »
The string thread I started that was still ongoing seems to have disappeared along with several more that bit the dust along with it.

Offline azhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2018, 12:21:39 AM »
I have noticed the same with my computer and also my iPad on the new site. When I do a google search and click on a former TradGang topic it only brings me to the home page. I was hoping this would work in the future. None of us realize how much effort went into putting together the new site. It must be kinda overwhelming I'd imagine.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©