3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Double serving below nockpoint  (Read 1956 times)

Offline OkKeith

• Trad Bowhunter
Double serving below nockpoint
« on: April 11, 2018, 02:24:26 PM »
I generally have a double nock made from flat dental floss and a double serving below the bottom nock. The lower nock is less pronounced than the upper and just acts as an index for nocking the arrow at the top of the double serving.

I was just wondering if anyone else used a set up like this and how it worked for you. I shoot three under and have recently switched from a glove to a tab. I may be rethinking the set up. I'm kinda tinkering around with the tab and string just fine tuning.

Thanks for the respones.... would like to head about other similar set ups as well.

OkKeith
In a moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.
Theodore Roosevelt

Offline mahantango

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Double serving below nockpoint
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 06:29:09 PM »
A nock above and below is a good idea whether you shoot split or three under. Never figured out why it is only recommended for three under. IMO double serving would only add unnecessary weight. I tie on nocks with either larger diameter serving material or D97.
We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline SAMMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 08:34:31 PM »
I have been told that a tie below prevents the arrow's nock from moving down at the dynamic forward movement of the string and causes a lack of consistency. I usually have my serving to nock fit a dab too tight so the arrow will not fall off and get by without the second nock.
2xDAS17longs
Rambowarfmeds

Offline OkKeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 09:39:27 PM »
I wouldn't think you would want the arrow to slide down the string. That would be wasting forward energy. I've never had a problem with the double nock. The strings I use on most of my bows are the high performance materials and are very thin. The double serving is only the length of three fingers so I don't think it weighs much. I get a better release with the thick area on the string. What little weight might be added I figure is off set by not using a brass nock point.

Thanks for the comments guys. I also think the double nock keeps me from pinching the arrow when I draw.

OkKeith
In a moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.
Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Wolftrail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 11:28:32 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys. I also think the double nock keeps me from pinching the arrow when I draw.

OkKeith

This is what I read somewhere else that shooting 3 under can pinch the arrow and this will affect arrow flight.  I just might try the double nock my self.

Offline Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 08:48:17 PM »
I double serve below the nock during the summer when I shoot a lot because sometimes my third finger gets sore.
Tedd

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 06:45:30 AM »
Ever since I seen a slow motion video of an arrow sliding down the string after the release, I use two tie on nocking points. One above and one below. Doesn't hurt a thing.

Offline Wolftrail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 03:32:43 PM »
Ever since I seen a slow motion video of an arrow sliding down the string after the release, I use two tie on nocking points. One above and one below. Doesn't hurt a thing.

Sliding down the string:  would that be shooting split or 3 under. ?

Thx

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©