3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ace high speed torture test.  (Read 2141 times)

Offline Ari_Bonn

• Trad Bowhunter
Ace high speed torture test.
« on: April 11, 2018, 02:31:15 PM »
Not scientific at all but figured I'd share.

Ace hi-speed broadhead torture test 100gr. broadhead was sharpened and stropped, easily cut hairs prior to testing. First test arrow flew exactly like my field tips. second test I shot it into that fiberglass renforced plywood board, Then I shot it into a very thick piece of bamboo. It penetrated but twisted the tip. 4th picture you can see why the head came in and cut very cleanly on a Horizontally angle which is quite impressive. As it cut through the bamboo started to split which caused the head to twist vertically (can see the cuts in the bamboo as the angle of cut goes to vertical) Very last test with twisted tip was into a steel belted tread of a tire which as you can see it penetrated slightly then the rest of the head folded over from the pushing force behind. If you look close you can see the bend is only from the tip that that extra steel doesn't come up to. If this were the ace standard head which is triple laminated at the tip I bet it would still be good. Still quite impressive for a 100gr head.

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ace high speed torture test.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 02:52:59 PM »
Yeah I think it would do the job. Nice looking bow too.

Offline michaelschwister

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 08:42:18 AM »
ACE standard 160, will not do that
"The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect" - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 05:09:07 PM »
Please don't take this the wrong way but I've never felt that a hundred grain head was enough Hardware never I just don't have enough faith in that little of metal I don't care who makes it when I grew up I was hunting with 175 grain heads which did include the weight of the 42 grain aluminum adapter so it was a hundred and twenty-five  to 135 grain head that were Zwickies that  totaled  165 to 175 with the adapter installed but I just never found that a hundred grain had had enough metal in it whether do you put a post in it or not it just didn't get it done for me I don't think you need high-speed as much as you need durability and Power with momentum and a great cutting angle for whatever animal you're after so take it for what it's worth sorry for the run-on sentence I'm doing voice command I have no time to type
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Ari_Bonn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 05:13:42 PM »
Please don't take this the wrong way but I've never felt that a hundred grain head was enough Hardware never I just don't have enough faith in that little of metal I don't care who makes it when I grow up I was hunting with 175 grain heads which did include the weight of the 42 grain aluminum adapter so it was a hundred and twenty-five 235 grain head that wears a wikis but I just never found that a hundred grain had had enough metal in it where do you put a post in it or not it just didn't get it done for me I don't think you need high-speed as much as you need durability and Power with momentum and a great cutting angle for whatever animal you're after so take it for what it's worth sorry for the run-on sentence I'm doing voice command I have no time to type

I agree 100%.   I got these for a very cheap price so I figured I would test them out.  For a 100gr head I think they are pretty durable  but  for actually hunting big game I think im gonna get the standard's in 160   or the 200 super express.     I think ill mount them to some flu flues for bunny and squirrel   though.

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 11:13:08 PM »
Please don't take this the wrong way but I've never felt that a hundred grain head was enough Hardware never I just don't have enough faith in that little of metal I don't care who makes it when I grew up I was hunting with 175 grain heads which did include the weight of the 42 grain aluminum adapter so it was a hundred and twenty-five  to 135 grain head that were Zwickies that  totaled  165 to 175 with the adapter installed but I just never found that a hundred grain had had enough metal in it whether do you put a post in it or not it just didn't get it done for me I don't think you need high-speed as much as you need durability and Power with momentum and a great cutting angle for whatever animal you're after so take it for what it's worth sorry for the run-on sentence I'm doing voice command I have no time to type

I'm so glad that you mentioned voice command....I thought you were having a stroke  :biglaugh:
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 08:37:00 PM »
I might have one before this conversions completed haha
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

pavan

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 02:08:18 PM »
I gave some arrows with 145 Ribtecs to a farmer friend.  He muffed a shot and stuck it into his bunker silo concrete.  A little bit and file work and remounting to straighten it out on the arrow and it was good to go.  He brought over over some venison chilly last Saturday with a deer shot with that arrow.  It's gone now, lost in his switch grass.  125 Eskimos don't stand up to my garage back side concrete.  A bunch of years back my son folded one on a missed shot.  A lot depends on the arrow flight at the time, with hard hits.  You cannot hit a big rock with a Hill and use it again.  The sparks were pretty though.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©