3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bow quiver recommendations?  (Read 6015 times)

Offline Sirius Black

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow quiver recommendations?
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2018, 05:22:23 PM »
Great Northern Kickback Extreme. I have 2 of them, and they're great!   :thumbsup:
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association - Life Member

Offline ozy clint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2018, 05:31:10 PM »
marksman quiver
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Offline GraniteStater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2018, 06:02:06 PM »
Just wanted to second big jims strap on quiver.  Easy to use, makes 0 noise and actually seems to assist with quieting a bow, due to the rubber straps absorbing any residual vibration.  2 thumbs up :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
1Peter 5:6,7

Offline Recurve7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2018, 09:21:27 PM »
I would seriously rethink the strap on quivers. They simply work,  and work very well! I have used Great Northern Quivers for years. A simple bullet proof design. Good luck though with whatever you choose.

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2018, 10:35:11 PM »
My most hunted bows have a single-arrow with a leather head cover (Jack Boyers style) and a Selway piggy-backer or Alaska Bowhunting shaft clamp so I have one fast backup for my side quiver.

I don't often use a "large" bow quiver - but when I do (like the beer commercial) I use a strap-on Great Northern.

Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline OkKeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2018, 10:38:50 PM »
Not like any of the suggestions need reinforcment... but I agree on re-thinking the strap on. I also have several of all the brands mentioned. My favorites are the ones with straps as opposed to Velcro (I like those too, for some types of hunting). I deer hunt with the strap types because I like to remove my quiver when I stand hunt and hang it up beside me. My thought is that waving those bright colored fletchings around when I'm trying to be unnoticed in a tree stand seems counterproductive.

Most of my Velcro style I leave on the bow (except for take down and transport) and they are generally ultra light 2,3 and 4 arrow versions on narrow longbows I either use for stalk hunts or small game. All of the 6 or more arrow quivers on my recurves are snap-strap ones. They aren't the top  and bottom connected models but I have never had any trouble keeping them together until the foam gets wore out and then they don't hold arrows well anymore anyway so it gets replaced.

The insert styles look fantastic... but the one bow I have that type of quiver on has always had a very slight buzz that I can't get to go away until I remove the quiver. The insert doesn't seem to be loose. Not sure what's up with that one.

Really... It comes down to what works for you and what looks good for you (first kind of cool, second kind of cool, as I have heard it described). I look at quivers the same way I do socks. I may have only one pair of hunting boots but lots of different socks for lots of different situations. None of my quivers have holes in them though (and they don't smell weird either).

OkKeith
In a moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.
Theodore Roosevelt

Offline OkKeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2018, 10:40:52 PM »
Not like any of the suggestions need reinforcment... but I agree on re-thinking the strap on. I also have several of all the brands mentioned. My favorites are the ones with straps as opposed to Velcro (I like those too, for some types of hunting). I deer hunt with the strap types because I like to remove my quiver when I stand hunt and hang it up beside me. My thought is that waving those bright colored fletchings around when I'm trying to be unnoticed in a tree stand seems counterproductive. If you have ever tries to open a Velcro wallet in church, you know how noisy that stuff can be.

Most of my Velcro style I leave on the bow (except for take down and transport) and they are generally ultra light 2,3 and 4 arrow versions on narrow longbows I either use for stalk hunts or small game. All of the 6 or more arrow quivers on my recurves are snap-strap ones. They aren't the top  and bottom connected models but I have never had any trouble keeping them together until the foam gets wore out and then they don't hold arrows well anymore anyway so it gets replaced.

The insert styles look fantastic... but the one bow I have that type of quiver on has always had a very slight buzz that I can't get to go away until I remove the quiver. The insert doesn't seem to be loose. Not sure what's up with that one.

Really... It comes down to what works for you and what looks good for you (first kind of cool, second kind of cool, as I have heard it described). I look at quivers the same way I do socks. I may have only one pair of hunting boots but lots of different socks for lots of different situations. None of my quivers have holes in them though (and they don't smell weird either).

OkKeith
In a moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.
Theodore Roosevelt

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2018, 05:22:33 PM »
At EFA we make a wide range of quivers from one arrow to five. We make them in several sizes and models to accommodated varies size broadheads and personal taste. We use three fastening systems including our Talem Grip, limb bolt, and side mount, along with our Totem and Wing options. I believe that bow quiver manufacturers are evolving and improving along with the bow makers. Here is just a sample of three quivers that we make. 

Offline ty_in_ND

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2018, 06:02:24 PM »
I got a Selway slide-on bow quiver for a steal-of-a-deal when I was first looking into getting a quiver.  It has served me well, but if I were to get one today, I would look into getting a strap-on quiver.  It's a little annoying to have to take the string off of the bow in order to remove or put on the quiver.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2018, 06:27:39 PM »
Over the years I have tried them all,I’m sure I’ve got them all around 45 Quivers.I do like strap ons for bow quivers.I find myself using Great northern more than anything .I think I have 4 of them.
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©