3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: badland packs??????  (Read 1110 times)

Offline rockkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
badland packs??????
« on: April 29, 2018, 11:07:27 AM »
Im looking for a new pack for elk hunting and Im thinking maybe the badland dash or maybe the ascent. I will using it for dayhunts and to pack a quarter or boned meat.
Has anyone experienced these packs and what do you recommend?
Or does anyone have any other recommendations? :dunno:

Thanks for any help

Offline Pete McMiller

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: badland packs??????
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 11:58:43 AM »
Al,

I was in your same boat a couple of years ago.  Looked around and most packs that people were recommending were north of $500 - way more than I wanted to spend.  Settled on a Badlands 2200 that I got at Cabelas for around $250 if I remember correctly.  This is my third pack since I started bow hunting elk in 1993 and is the largest but also one of the most comfortable.  I feel confident that an elk quarter would fit - especially if boned out.  Another plus is that it has a camelback hydration bladder.  Good luck shopping.
Pete
WTA
CTAS
PBS

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE  [mo 'lon  la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Online goobersan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 01:53:14 PM »
Can't go wrong with lifetime warranty. Never filled my 2800 but very comfortable with plenty of options. If going with a smaller pack than the 2200 I'd suggest the Diablo Dos or others with "hyper-vent" system. Best prices are online

Offline kadbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 10:29:18 AM »
Eberlestock X2 is a small pack with a frame that you could look into. Definitely stout enough to haul a quarter out. I liked mine but then bought a kuiu 3200 on sale.
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline rockkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 06:20:06 PM »
Eberlestock X2 is a small pack with a frame that you could look into. Definitely stout enough to haul a quarter out. I liked mine but then bought a kuiu 3200 on sale.

Thanks .....I will check it out

Online fisherick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 11:20:22 AM »
I have two Badlands packs, a NANO fanny pack for whitetail hunts and a 2800 backpack for elk hunting. The 2800 packs has hauled meat from several elk and hauls my gear for spike camps. When compressed it makes a great daypack. The 2800 fits my 6' short torso, long legs comfortably. I never had any issues with Badlands packs. Neither pack is in their current lineup.

Offline BrianfromTulsa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 09:55:04 AM »
While I don't have either of the packs you listed, I do have a collection of Badlands packs that I love.  I have a 2200- has worked great for several elk/antelope hunts, a Monster fanny- the perfect day pack for my whitetail stand hunts, a bino pack and a bino strap.

I love them all, have had nothing but positive experiences with customer service the one time I broke a buckle.  Replaced promptly with no questions

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©