3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone have any info on if Great Plains is out of business?  (Read 4084 times)

Offline longbow801

• Trad Bowhunter
Hi all, new to the forum, hoping someone on here will be able to help out.  I paid for a custom longbow to be built by Shane at Great Plains about 4 weeks ago.  I was told it would take 4 to 6 weeks to receive.  I decided to call today to see if I could get an update on it's progress.  Both numbers for Great Plains have a recording that comes on by the operator saying the phone numbers have been disconnected or are no longer in service.  I now am unclear if they are still in business?  Does anyone happen to know Shane or have any knowledge if they have gone out of business?  I hate to jump to conclusions, but having your company's main phone lines all get disconnected is a little concerning. 

Offline Pointer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone have any info on if Great Plains is out of business?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 06:41:18 PM »
You mention that you paid for it 4 weeks ago...how did you reach them to place the order? How did you pay for it?...was it a check?

Offline longbow801

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 06:45:29 PM »
I used paypal luckily.  I contacted paypal and was reassured I would get refunded if they are out of business.  They opened a claim against Great Plains to try and figure out what is going on.  I was really excited for that longbow to arrive, now just curious if it was built and is still going to get shipped or was never built at all.  Frustrating bow buying experience, but I will wait and see what paypal is able to figure out.

Offline cbc0905

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 07:02:15 PM »
They're still active on FB.

http://www.facebook.com/GreatPlainsTraditionalBowCo

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Offline longbow801

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 07:11:56 PM »
Thanks for the reply, I don't have a fb, but I will create one and see if I can contact them there. 

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 10:01:09 PM »
Didn’t I once hear their Bowyer builds Tomahawks for 3 Rivers?

Offline San Juan Slim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 11:48:43 PM »
My guess would be that the phone lines are down in the little town in Kansas where they are located.  Did you try their email?  They make some great bows!  I own two bows that Bill Forman made before he sold and have met the new owner at the High Country Shoot in Colorado.  Seemed like a great guy.  Hope there's no problem!

Mike

Offline longbow801

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 09:09:00 AM »
Yeah I know a few people that have great plains bows and love them, I have heard a lot of good things myself.  They were my first choice when deciding to get a new custom built longbow. Hopefully just an issue with the phone company out there.

Offline Dale in Pa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 09:23:50 AM »
Sounds to me like you're jumping the gun a bit. The bow isn't really overdue and you're opening a Paypal claim already. Could be a number of reasons why the phone lines are down.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2018, 10:29:36 AM »
Sounds to me like you're jumping the gun a bit. The bow isn't really overdue and you're opening a Paypal claim already. Could be a number of reasons why the phone lines are down.

Thinking the same thing....and going public already.  :dunno:
It is tornado season too.

Did you email them?
Their website has an email listed.....  [email protected]
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 10:35:10 AM by Zradix »
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2018, 11:18:34 AM »
just a FYI..
I sent Great Plains an email.
They responded within 13 minutes.

...also they said you placed the order a couple weeks ago and they have been trying to get ahold of you to no avail.

You may want to resort to email for the time being to resolve your concerns.

..peace..
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 12:03:04 PM by Zradix »
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline longbow801

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2018, 12:51:23 PM »
I placed my order on April 13th, today is May 10th, so that's pretty close to 4 weeks. They have been trying to get ahold of who to no avail?  I haven't received any phone calls, voice mails, or emails so I'm assuming you must have been talking about the wrong person because I couldn't be any easier to get ahold of. Nobody that I know that has purchased bows from great plains has had great plains reach out to them to update them about anything, which was never my expectation. The only contact that the people I have known have gotten is when they have reached out to them by phone to figure out where things were at in the production process. Which is completely understandable, Shane makes a lot of bows, I'm sure he doesn't have tons of time to dedicate to the phone or email. Glad to hear the disconnected phone lines aren't a sign they are out of business and thanks for letting me know how quickly you received an email back. 13 minutes is impressive.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 01:12:52 PM by longbow801 »

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2018, 12:56:18 PM »
I have no idea.
Just telling you what they said.

I'd guess email would be the best way to communicate with them at the moment.
Hope it works out for you.

...peace

Offline longbow801

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2018, 01:36:29 PM »
And yes, I did get a response back via email and all is moving a long well, thanks for the input everyone.  I guess email works much better than a good old fashioned phone call, never would have guessed.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2018, 01:39:24 PM »
 :thumbsup:

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2018, 01:41:09 PM »
And yes, I did get a response back via email and all is moving a long well, thanks for the input everyone.  I guess email works much better than a good old fashioned phone call, never would have guessed.
Now that we got all that straight tell us a little about your new huntin stick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline longbow801

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2018, 04:47:05 PM »
It's their B longbow reflex/deflex, 64" Cazador w/bamboo, 80# draw weight at 28", really excited about it.  Heard nothing but great things about Great Plains longbows!

Offline bigdogbowshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2018, 05:54:49 PM »
Shane is a great guy. He is not going anywhere. He has picked up several big accounts so----, he is extremely busy.  I am sorry you jumped the gun, a public forum should be a last resort.

Offline longbow801

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2018, 07:57:37 PM »
Bigdogbowshooter, send me a PM, I'd love to have a discussion with you about this.

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2018, 09:54:07 PM »
Cazadors are beautiful, nice choice.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©