3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: LADYS AND TRAD GEAR  (Read 217 times)

Offline blacktailchaser

• Trad Bowhunter
LADYS AND TRAD GEAR
« on: March 22, 2008, 11:26:00 AM »
I was just wondering how many ladys do you know that shoot or hunt with traditional bows.my wife and i have kind of have not been shooting or hunting alot.and would like to get back into it more with her.so,i want to get her fired up for some longbow adventure.any help lady would be great.thanks john

Offline Shell

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: LADYS AND TRAD GEAR
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 11:49:00 AM »
John,  It's my passion and personally had the desire for a traditional bow for such a long time.
After being able to shoot with one for the first time in my teens, I never got the opportunity again until after I met my hubby. I shot compound in between for years because of all the hype but never was as satisfied until I truly got the chance and abaility to get a recurve of my own in my hands and to learn to shoot it with confidence.

It was my hubbys encouragement and patience that gave me the desire to want to shoot it more and to be able to have the confidence to shoot something of this beauty and primitive way has made it so much more desireable and personal than shooting anything else.

The beauty of the woods and lines are so amazing with choices in longbows and recurves...so many beautiful ones made hunting or just going out to shoot 3d, stump....

There are alot of gals on here that are inspirations to me and am sure you will find that as well for your wife.

I am sure she will love it and will get alot of great tips and encouragement here as I did from the ladies of TG.
The guys are great too!

Enjoy!!   :campfire:

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 11:52:00 AM »
I had a Mikuta longbow custom made for my wife Lisa several years ago.

She does not hunt,but she enjoys going to 3-D shoots with our boys and I.

I had her bow is 62" - 36# @ 28" (her actual draw length is about 26")

Her arrows are POC 35#-40# spine,28" BOP,with 5/16th 125gr. field points.

She shoots split finger with a can't pinch tab,Neet armguard,and uses either a target style hip quiver,or a pocket quiver.

"Highly Suggested".....

I strongly recommend a GOOD armguard,and a "Can't Pinch" style tab.(if she is going to shoot "split-finger") Shooting comfort is a MUST!!!!! A "slapped" forearm,or "pinched" fingers are definately VERY discouraging!!!!!

Get her "geared up" and get her SHOOTING!!!!!    :archer:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 01:11:00 PM »
John,
I got into traditional bows on my own. It is the only hunting I have done.  Mostly self taught. I keep set up and shoot all for hunting. I shoot my hunting wt. arrows at 3-D shoots and in the leaque I'm shooting in this winter. Start her out at the min. hunting wt. allowed. Get good advice on tuning so that there is as little frustration as possible with accuracy. And teach her form first by shooting at a bale at close range.
I enjoy talking to the ladies on Tradgang and hearing what they have to say. Please encourage her to get on here and join in. PM me anytime. There are alot of people on here that know more than I do, and love to help. Keep us updated on the progress.
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©