3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Any Texans? specifically San Antonio  (Read 3001 times)

Offline InFamousElGuapo

• Trad Bowhunter
Any Texans? specifically San Antonio
« on: June 02, 2018, 12:34:22 AM »
Hi everyone,

not sure this is the right forum to post this so mods please move to the right place if needed. I am new to traditional bows (previously shot compound) but I just received a Stalker Stickbow Coyote recurve FXT and I am learning how to shoot it. Its a 62 inch bow and 49# at 28 inches. I have been listening to trad archery podcasts for months, watched 3 DVDs of the Masters of the Barebow series, and have been doing a lot of online reading. However, it would be nice to shoot with someone here in San Antonio and learn from them as well. I went to one of the archery ranges and they did not know anyone who shoots traditional. So my question is does anyone here have any suggestions? There is a Texas traditional club that I will contact as well.

Thanks
Toeke whip
Sarrels blueridge longbow

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
Re: Any Texans? specifically San Antonio
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 12:54:15 AM »
Not from Texas but, welcome from the Pacific NW! Enjoy the journey. :wavey: :campfire:
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 01:08:23 AM »
I’m a few hours down the road in Georgetown , your welcome to come shoot at my place. I have a 50 target range in my front pasture..

Going to a Trad shoot tomorrow and Sun in The Killeen area...PM me your # if you want the info...

That’s a good bow you have , South is a good dude , he and Jake came to Tx and hunted for a week with my buddy Paul and me. He texted me a few weeks ago and told me I have a bow headed my way shortly. All I’m sure of is it’s a Jackal longbow , can’t wait to see it and start flinging some arrows with it...

,,,Sam,,,
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 01:10:58 AM »
TBOT - Traditional Bowhunters of Texas , is the State Trad club...
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 07:29:54 AM »
I'm in San Antonio,and I've been looking for someone to shoot with. I've got a hectic work schedule,but I bet we could work something out.

Offline PresTex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 09:39:12 AM »
I’m a few hours down the road in Georgetown , your welcome to come shoot at my place. I have a 50 target range in my front pasture..

Going to a Trad shoot tomorrow and Sun in The Killeen area...PM me your # if you want the info...

That’s a good bow you have , South is a good dude , he and Jake came to Tx and hunted for a week with my buddy Paul and me. He texted me a few weeks ago and told me I have a bow headed my way shortly. All I’m sure of is it’s a Jackal longbow , can’t wait to see it and start flinging some arrows with it...

,,,Sam,,,

Sam, were you at the hill country shootout this year? I think I might have talked to you. I remember talking to someone shooting a Coyote who had hunted with South.

I’m in Austin so if you ever need someone to shoot with let me know. Always looking for more trad guys to hang out with. Usually go out to Austin Archery club and shoot their 3D but you’re not far away in Georgetown.

James

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Maddog20/20

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 11:00:22 AM »
There’s TBOT and they do shoots and stuff around the state, but what I wish we had and I think you’re looking for is a local, active year round situation perhaps with a local 3D/target range where guys can get together anytime and walk and shoot.

I’m in Fredericksburg and I certainly know that’s what I would like!  Once I get my house started and stuff, maybe I’ll just make that!

Offline PresTex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2018, 11:15:08 AM »
There’s TBOT and they do shoots and stuff around the state, but what I wish we had and I think you’re looking for is a local, active year round situation perhaps with a local 3D/target range where guys can get together anytime and walk and shoot.

I’m in Fredericksburg and I certainly know that’s what I would like!  Once I get my house started and stuff, maybe I’ll just make that!

Good to see there are some other traditional shooters nearby.

Austin Archery club leaves a 30 Target course up pretty much year round. Me and a few friends will shoot it every now and then.

I’m also thinking about setting up a 30 target course on my family’s ranch outside llano if anyone would be up for going out there on occasion, chasing pigs, and shooting 3D. We’ve got something like 26 targets already so I just need to buy a few more. map out the course, and get it set up.

Bisch

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2018, 12:28:49 PM »
I’m in Sonora, which is about 2 1/2hrs west of SA on I10. There is not much of anything out here close, but there is a trad only club in San Angelo, which is only about an hour from me. I am amassing targets, and am going to make my own range here at the house. I also shoot a lot of TBOT, and other 3D shoots all over.

I know there are at least a few trad guys in/around San Antonio. Keep looking, and you will find them. Go to any 3D shoot, and there are usually at least a few trad guys there.

Good luck, and maybe we will meet up at a shoot somewhere down the road.

Bisch

Offline styksnstryngs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2018, 01:14:11 PM »
I'm a couple hours south of ya, in Corpus Christi. Haven't been able to shoot in a very long time, but I'm starting to get things figured out and hopefully I can start shooting again this summer before I have to start college applications and school/work stuff.

Offline Cy14561

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2018, 02:10:16 PM »
I live in San Antonio hit me up I’m down to shoot.

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2018, 05:59:29 PM »
Yes I was at the Shoot-out , my. Buddy Paul was shooting the Stalker Coyote. South and Jake made the trip to Tx and hunted at Paul’s place for several days then hunted with me and my buddy Donald.

Just hit me up if anyone ever wants to shoot at my place...

,,,Sam,,,
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Offline InFamousElGuapo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2018, 11:09:44 PM »
Relieved that there are other trad shooters in San Antonio! Cy14 and Alexander I will message you when I finally get my bow tuned correctly and ready to shoot. Sam, that would be a blast and one day I would like to make it out there. Sounds like you have a great set up!
Toeke whip
Sarrels blueridge longbow

Offline IndioArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2018, 08:38:02 AM »
Glad to hear there are so many trad shooters in the area. I’m making the transition from comping to trad and would to have some folks to shoot with. I live in the Hill Country (between F’burg and Kerrville) but I work in San Antonio. I went to the TBOT shoot in Vanderpool earlier this year and it was good. Do any of you shoot 3D at Camp Bullis?  Is that open to the public?  Do many trad shooters show up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Cy14561

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2018, 11:14:30 AM »
I have not been to camp bullis I think it’s still up and running, I’ve never been to any trad shoot whatsoever and I’ve been shooting for 9 years I think, I definitely would enjoy shooting with other guys who shoot trad bows as well. I think I just need to break the ice and I’m sure it would snowball from there.

Offline Maddog20/20

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2018, 06:03:20 PM »
Glad to hear there are so many trad shooters in the area. I’m making the transition from comping to trad and would to have some folks to shoot with. I live in the Hill Country (between F’burg and Kerrville) but I work in San Antonio. I went to the TBOT shoot in Vanderpool earlier this year and it was good. Do any of you shoot 3D at Camp Bullis?  Is that open to the public?  Do many trad shooters show up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m in Fbg and I shoot the Fredericksburg Archery Club shoots.  They’re a lot of fun and there are a few trad guys that go.  The last one had quite a few and there’s a TBOT shoot coming up next month.

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2018, 09:56:35 AM »
Relieved that there are other trad shooters in San Antonio! Cy14 and Alexander I will message you when I finally get my bow tuned correctly and ready to shoot. Sam, that would be a blast and one day I would like to make it out there. Sounds like you have a great set up!

Sounds good Jason. I've got a paper tuner I made,and I guess you could bareshaft in a round bale. You could come out and play with it. I have a lot of shafts,and different tip weights.

Bisch

Any Texans? specifically San Antonio
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2018, 10:46:27 AM »
Fredericksburg TBoT shoot is on Sat, July 14th.

I will be there, and hope to meet a few of y’all!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 04:07:25 PM by Bisch »

Bisch

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2018, 04:10:25 PM »
Camp Bullis is open to the public, but if it is like it was the last time I have been (couple years ago), you have to call the Outdorr Recreation folks ahead of time and give them your info. Otherwise, they would not let you in the gate the day of the shoot.

Bisch

Offline texbow2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2018, 06:22:19 PM »
Welcome aboard...……….live in Georgetown and hunt in mason County

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©