3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: arrows kicking really hard to the right  (Read 2960 times)

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
Re: arrows kicking really hard to the right
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2018, 01:30:58 AM »
If your draw length is 28" and the bow is correctly marked 45# @ 28" you can try the following before referring to the spine chart. Start by determining if the arrow is left or right of a vertical line. Draw a vertical line on paper or cardboard, then stand 10 ft and look down the shaft at the vertical line.  If the arrow is left and the arrow is stiff and vise versa. Since the arrows are cut to 29", build the rest out by adding tape, and/or add weight in increments of 25 grains to the point, and repeat the process until you are hitting the vertical line.  If you are right, the arrow is weak, and you can try a lighter point, or a stiffer spine. Once you find the right arrow and assuming you want to try paper tuning, start with the information from Elite Arrow.  If you want to check and compare arrow spine, checkout the chart at 3Rivers.  According to their chart for 45 - 50 lbs. your choice includes C-D which is shown below as a 1916 or 2013.  I would recommend skipping the 2013 unless you know how to straighten arrows.  The 1918 is a little heavier and about the same spine. Here are two links for more information.

http://elitearrows.com/proper-arrow/

https://www.3riversarchery.com/pdf/ArrowCharts.pdf
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 01:36:14 AM by Hud »
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline acedoc

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: arrows kicking really hard to the right
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2018, 02:23:46 AM »
Alright, here's my mental checklist when I have stuff flying way right.
This

1. Are you plucking the release? (your hand should slide back tight to your bicep after the shot, not out away from the face)

2. Are you flinching, jerking, or otherwise moving your head/hands/ shoulders around at the shot? (imagine you're a statue when you release the arrow)

3. Maaaaybe your tune is off... (usually I'm the cause of the problem, but not always) The violent kick sounds like the arrow is either way too weak, or super stiff and giving a false weak reading. In this case, it sounds like a false weak reading. Try bumping up 100 grains of point weight and see what happens.
This
Toelke SS recurve
Toelke Whip
Sky Wildfire ilf with foam carbon xxl limbs

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©