3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tab with spacers  (Read 1957 times)

Offline Chain2

• Trad Bowhunter
Tab with spacers
« on: June 22, 2018, 09:40:13 AM »
my Hands have taken their summer appearance. Cut, broke, dry and bloody. I’ve bern bouncing back and forth between an Eichler tab and BW. I like the BW but that Velcro is killing me. It needs to be adjusted every shot. It’s my index finger pressure on the arrow, where I’m missing some skin that’s the issue. Just curious if anyone else has this issue and if a tab with a spacer fixed it. Elk season is coming.  Thanks Guys
"Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation..."

Bisch

Re: Tab with spacers
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 10:16:31 AM »
I’ve never had the issues you are having, but I do shoot a tab with a spacer. It keeps me from pinching the nock, esp in a pressure situation like when I am hunting. Go ahead and try it. I doubt you feel much of a difference, and it might be just what you need to solve your problem.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 10:29:11 AM »
I find the BW tab with ears provides more protection than the Bateman with a spacer that I also use.  Why do you have to adjust the velcro after every shot?  My tab is just about worn out but the velcro still holds fast.  Has your velcro lost its adhesiveness?  If so, night just tape the two pieces together.  If shooting is what's causing the raw index finger, you're putting too much downward pressure on the string, which can be partially ameliorated by lowing your drawing arm elbow. 

On the other hand, if you have a long draw and/or a short bow, finger pinch is the result, and no tab or glove completely protects against the effects.

Offline Howitser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 11:04:30 AM »
All I've ever shot were kantpinch tabs. Both hair and plastic. Love em
Howie
Never forget our POW/MIA's

Offline Chain2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 12:47:24 PM »
Long draw. Long bow 70”. It wasn’t a problem until my hands starting their downward spiral. I’m going to work on the Velcro tonight. I cinch it up but when my finger muscle flexes due to my attempt at a deep hook it loosens the Velcro.
Thank you

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 02:25:03 PM »
I have similar issue but mine is from an old injury. After a few shots that side of my finger is in pain. I went to a glove, American Leathers Kangaroo. Been trying to wean myself into 3 under cause I like a tab in summer.

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2018, 02:34:55 PM »
Dry, cracking skin on the fingers is often a sign of a vitamin B deficiency.  Might have it checked out.

Offline Chain2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2018, 04:43:11 PM »
I’m working on that right now. I’m also hydrating at the same time.

Online Magilla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 05:42:56 PM »
I have tried several different tabs and I seem to always go back to the Neet split finger hair tab. They aren’t very expensive and I get a good release with them.
Scott
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Treadway Black Forest 60”  46@28
Treadway Black Forest 60”  47@28

Offline Chain2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2018, 06:01:31 PM »
I was going to try one of those before going west. Does the hair wear out?

Online Magilla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2018, 06:35:16 PM »
Yes, that is the only drawback to them, they our still pretty slick when they get worn. I always have a spare broke in for when one gets to bald
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Treadway Black Forest 60”  46@28
Treadway Black Forest 60”  47@28

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2018, 09:31:02 PM »
I add a spacer to the Black Widow tab.  Get the best of all worlds.

Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline mj seratt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2018, 12:35:50 AM »
You might try the Saunders PakTab.  Build it up any way you like it, and they last forever.
Murray Seratt

Offline LC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2018, 09:47:08 AM »
I have tried several different tabs and I seem to always go back to the Neet split finger hair tab. They aren’t very expensive and I get a good release with them.
Scott

Ditto have been a lifetime user of Neet calf hair tabs.
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2018, 10:10:00 AM »
Orion makes a lot of really good points...about the medical and shooting style possible problems.

I use a bateman cordovan spacer tab with the finger hole. No velcro, no elastic...just a hole.
because the tab isn't trying to affix itself to my hand a slight slipping of the tab doesn't make a difference.
When your tab slips..now it's fixed in the wrong position...when my tab slips because it's loose it finds it's own consistent spot.
I stopped using "fixed" tabs for the very reason you're not enjoying them.

The tab becomes form fitted to my fingers and string; and because it isn't fastened down to my hand the tab automatically finds consistent placement. I believe that having the spacer on the tab helps with the tab always being where I want it to. Not sure if it really helps me with finger pinch/nock pinch all that much.
Not to mention the great ability of the tab to be flipped around when you want to do something with your fingers..ie..open a bag, drink coffee etc.

The only time I've got a particularly sore spot on my fingers it was the underside of my index, right next to the nail.
It was totally caused by using to much tension on my index finger AND having my wrist/arm at the wrong angle.

Good luck finding your solution.

If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Chain2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2018, 07:56:31 PM »
Thanks for all the advice guys. I appreciate it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©