3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: My move to Georgia ......real close now, almost there!!!  (Read 6287 times)

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: My move to Georgia is getting colser..........
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2018, 09:43:31 AM »
Well, its good to hear you have located a place to settle. Start looking around for good places to hunt, including public lands. Check up on Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia and buys gallons of Permethrin to protect against ticks. Early bow season is HOT, so spend some time shooting in the heat. One more piece of advice... SNAKE BOOTS. You will like hunting in the South. Our deer are not as big as you find in some other places, but we have a bunch of them. Hogs are plentiful as well. In short, welcome to the sunny South.
Sam

Offline Chumster

• BOEUF 2019
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2018, 11:16:57 AM »
Best wishes to you Ron!

Looking forward to lots of new hunting stories from you!
Never wait too long!

Offline bunyan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2018, 11:02:45 AM »
Congrats on the move! My family almost relocated to Georgia last year but after evaluating the work/home balance of the job I was offered and the lack of services for my older daughter's autism, we decided it wasn't the right fit for us. I lived in Georgia in the early 2000's and didn't realize how great the hunting was compared to back north! You are going to enjoy it! Good luck!

Offline Oak518

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2018, 09:08:29 AM »
Good luck Ron.  Maybe a 3d before the move.  Dan

Online ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2018, 11:10:33 AM »
Hey Dan........we will try for a shoot before we go.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Online Carcajou

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2018, 09:07:32 AM »
Good luck Ron, We will have to make That ADK hunt some other time, enjoy the south!
" MEMBER ~ COMPTON Traditional Bowhunters "

"Searching through the remnants of my dream-shattered sleep"

Online ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2018, 08:40:35 AM »
Going to trade the mountains of the north for the mountains of the south.........lol
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Todd Cook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2018, 10:12:07 AM »
Ron, I saw the post you made on the TBG page. Jeff had already responded, so I'll just respond here. First, welcome to Georgia. I know several people in the area you're moving, and the NGT trad shoot there is a good one and close to you. They put on a 3d shoot each month.

The TBG is the state trad bowhunting organization, and although we do have shoots, we also do several group hunts each year. We're doing a deer hunt late October at Berry College WMA , a pig hunt at Chickesawhatchee WMA in January, and probably another deer hunt in between. I look forward to meeting you.

Online ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2018, 12:35:37 PM »
Thanks for the info........I also am looking forward to meeting new folks........ :thumbsup:

Online ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2018, 09:57:28 PM »
It's a done deal.......had the closing on the house today. I now will live in Buford Ga. very shortly. After 66 years in central New York between the Adirondacks and the Catskills will be the north Ga. foothills not far from the Smokies. Will be some major changes coming up but I think mostly good changes.

Online ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2018, 10:26:47 AM »
Congrats again, Ron :clapper: :clapper:
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2018, 12:39:55 AM »
Congrats on your move... :jumper:

Offline Frenchymanny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2018, 01:01:19 PM »
Congrats and good luck Ron!

F-Manny
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline David McLendon

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2018, 08:55:14 PM »
A big plus for you if Regs are the same as when I lived in Gwinnett County, and they probably are, is that you had an extended bow season. When gun time ended on January 1st you still had until January 31st with a bow.
Lefties are the only ones who hold the bow in the right hand.

Online ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2018, 09:52:50 PM »
Now it is a done deal.......we own a home in Buford, our house is under contract in New York and most of our stuff is moved down. One last trip down with the rest of our stuff in a few weeks. It all happened so fast, but I will be hunting in Georgia soon.

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
Re: My move to Georgia ......real close now, almost there!!!
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2018, 09:58:45 PM »
Are we there yet....Are we there yet......Are we there yet...? :biglaugh:

Kidding Ron! Glad things are going well for you and yours! Look forward to the hunting stories to follow in your new neck o' the woods! :campfire:
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2018, 09:08:32 AM »
Have gotten acclimated to the heat and humidity yet?
Sam

Online ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2018, 09:20:49 AM »
The heat makes my joints feel better.......lol. Actually I keep tabs on the weather, when it's hot and humid here in N.Y. like it is now.......it's cooler in Georgia.......not by much but it is cooler. The weather is on the list of reasons I'm going south.

Offline Ga.boy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2018, 05:50:54 PM »
Congratulations on your new home Ron and welcome to GA! I am sure that you will be happy here and enjoy what our state has to offer. I am about 80 miles W. of you in Cedartown, GA. Maybe we can get together for a deer or turkey hunt after you get settled in.
I hope that your move goes well.  :shaka:
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Cavscout9753

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2018, 05:58:38 PM »
Welcome to Dixie! I live over on the AL/GA line, Alabama side, but I hunt exclusively on the GA side. Its a sportsman’s paradise in my eyes. I’ve lived here for 17 years, also from NY (Jamestown, just south of Buffalo). Most deer are small, but you can harvest a bunch of them to make up for it. Pigs are the jewel though, however you decide to go after them. I prefer fair-chase wild run, but thats just me. Welcome and enjoy! I lived over by Savannah for 4 years, the low country is its own world, but no less than the hill country over on this end.
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©