3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Robertson Shooters  (Read 4061 times)

Online 1Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Robertson Shooters
« on: July 05, 2018, 06:42:03 PM »
Tell me about your recurves. Interested in a Vision Falcon. Likes ,dislikes, shoot ability,speed,smooth draw? Thanks

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Robertson Shooters
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 07:53:33 PM »
I have a tribal styk and a Montana falcon and really like both. Both are smooth drawing and have a nice cast.  I think I like the grip on the falcon a little better. The visions are nice too. My son has one that has the nicest grip of any bow that I have held.

Offline ShrtRnd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 04:03:08 AM »
I've touted a Peregrine 1pc for over 25yrs now. It's super light, with a comfortable and neutral grip. I don't notice a lot of stack through the draw cycle.

It's a bit of a beast 60" #65@29" and certainly sends arrows down-range with some serious authority. Unfortunately it comes at the cost of noticeble handshock, which is probably due to its 1pc design and shorter length. It can take a bit more time and effort on the tuning process & selection. I've been threatened with bodily harm from my hunting partner if I ever remotely consider selling it or reworking it's original specs. I don't regret the $250 Cdn I spent on it back in '92/93 at all.

Two years ago I picked up a Prairie Falcon TD off of all places a facebook trad buy/sell group. 62" #[email protected]" it's buttery smooth and quiet. Was super easy on initial setup & tuning, not being finicky on spine selection at all. It's a beautiful Cocobolo with Red Elm Limbs and antlered tip overlay combination. It has a locator style grip that is very close to my Stalker Coyotes.

I believe the Vision is Dicks model after the Prairie and is just a further revision of it. I've never handled or shot the Vision personally, but having any older Robertson is a win/win situation in my books.
Robertson Stykbow Peregrine 60" #65@29"
Robertson Stykbow Prairie Falcon 62" #62@29"
Robertson Stybow Mystical 66" #60@28"
Stalker Coyote FXT  RC 62" #53@29"

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 09:59:23 AM »
Prairie, Montana and Vision Falcon in this order. The first 2 were Dacron only they had all the magic Dick’s touch with incredible grip.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline tcoulter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 10:17:32 PM »
I have two pierce peregrines and a purist longbow...they are my go to bows....the peregrines are 55@28 and [email protected] think they are some of the finest bows ever made...The 54@27 is my go to hunting bow....I have never owned a 3 piece so I cannot comment there....but I am sure one will be in my future...Tim

Offline Tater

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 07:29:31 AM »

I have a Pierce point Vision Falcon and a Tribal styk, both are great bows with one of the best grips. Dick's craftsmanship is great.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Charter/Life Member
Big Thompson Bowhunters
United Bowhunters of Illinois
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Pointer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2018, 07:30:14 PM »
Superb shooter..I have a Vision Falcon for about 8 years. Most comfortable grip on any recurve I've had and a smooth quick shooter.

Online MnFn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2018, 01:53:22 PM »
I had a Robertson Longbow that I never did take to, but one day I was at Ricky Mountain Spec. Gear and they had a Robertson Recurve, maybe a Falcon,  I don't remember.

But what a nice bow to shoot.  It was around 55# I think and I probably should have picked that one up.  The grip was perfect for me.
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella"  Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Offline ShrtRnd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2018, 10:08:44 AM »
Did you end up with a Vision Falcon yet?
Robertson Stykbow Peregrine 60" #65@29"
Robertson Stykbow Prairie Falcon 62" #62@29"
Robertson Stybow Mystical 66" #60@28"
Stalker Coyote FXT  RC 62" #53@29"

Online Davt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2018, 03:03:14 PM »
I have a primal styk longbow, overdrive, and Coywolf hybrid, a Wolfer I, Wolfer II, Wolfer III and a few Fatal Styk's. The Fatal Styks, his standard 3 pc recurve is exceptionally smooth and wonderful to shoot. Very natural pointing for me. The Wolfer III 3pc recurve is from a different planet. The finest bow I have ever shot. Smaller in the riser and limbs, very easy to shoot well. Not cheap but fantastic bows.
Dav

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2018, 11:35:30 PM »
I had Dick make me a Tribal Styk this past spring. It's his older model 1 pc recurve. I love the grip, very smooth draw and unbelievably quiet. It zips an arrow down range as fast as any other bow. It's a beauty for sure.
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline 2wfstlhunting

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2018, 03:37:30 PM »
I have a Montana falcon, which I custom ordered for myself, in the days before exotic woods and has to be over 20 years old.  I would never part with it and the finish, grip and handling are outstanding
Leon Stewart Deflex/Reflex Mahogany and bamboo 62" 53#@27.5"
Leon Stewart Deflex/Reflex curly maple, birdseye maple and Osage riser 53#@ 28"
Blacktail 62" longbow takedown 53#/57# B & W ebony
Harvey Crowned Eagle longbow  62"  49#

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©