3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: It's been a while  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Hattrick

• Trad Bowhunter
It's been a while
« on: July 24, 2018, 10:57:04 PM »
OK guys i use to be a regular on here and longbows were my style of living . I've been blessed to have a great supporting wife and have hunted all across this counrty and a few others with her support  early on in are life with a longbow and great friends.(missing it is a understatement) Not sure where the time went but it's 10yrs past now and my hunting buddies are getting  old . I stepped away during the economy collapse and recession while raising two atheltic  kids and putting them through college . During that time i started messing with birdogs as sitting in  a treestand was hard on my mind during the down times of being a self employed construction  contractor in a declining market,  which on a good note I survived it. Unfortunately many did not.  Anyways Im missing it bad. So i started   digging out my old stuff and had a wake up call, i found out I'm not a heavy bow  man anymore. Kind of depressinguy actually so I need to adjust  . My go too bow was a Morrison ilf in the 70# range are they still around ? If not who makes good performance replacement limbs? What's hot now awaydays? I'm sure peformance changed some since then. Thanks your input
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 11:21:42 PM by Hattrick »
Bull

Offline Trumpkin the Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: It's been a while
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 11:22:20 PM »
Welcome back! I can't answer the ILF question for you, but someone will be along shortly. I stepped away from my longbow for two years, and it was a nightmare building back up to 68 lbs, so I feel your pain.

Malachi C.

Black Widow PMA 64" 43@32"

Offline bunyan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 07:30:03 AM »
Welcome back! I've had to lighten up on the hunting and archery with raising a family. Now that my girls are getting old enough to shoot I'm trying to involve them in it and get everyone in the house addicted! The time aww definitely gave me a chance to reflect on how I hunt. With the limited time I have in the field I had to ask myself how I wanted to spend it and the bow is winning out over the rifle or shotgun for the majority of my hunting now! Can't help on your ILF question but its great to have you back! I miss some of the old regulars around here!

Online Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 07:35:47 AM »
Welcome back.  I too had a time that I stepped away while raising a family.  Morrison is still in business (under new ownership) and their Max 5 ILF limbs are getting great reviews.

https://www.morrisonarchery.com/

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 07:38:44 AM »
Welcome back.
If you sign up for the classifieds, there are bows and ilf limbs for sale there.
You could also start a thread on what limbs you are looking for.
http://tradgang.com/sponsors/cm.html

Offline Yooper-traveler

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 08:06:52 AM »
The Morrison Max series are really nice limbs. I cannot speak to he Max 5’s but I’ve used the 4s. super recurve limbs are fun.  With my max 4 limbs I was able to shoot the same arrow at the same speed from a 45 pound ILF rig that I shot out of a 50 pound longbow/51 pound recurve.
Klaatu, Verata, Nicto

Offline Hattrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 10:33:10 PM »
 Good to know Morrison is still around I'll be contacting them. Thanks
Bull

Offline Tony Sanders

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2018, 08:25:09 PM »
  Hey Barry. Man it sure is good to see and hear that you are well and still about. It have been quite some time since the last time we have seen  and talked to each other. It is good to see you back. Hopefully our paths will cross again at some shoot or hunt. Take care and Shoot Straight and Good Hunting.

Tony Sanders

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2018, 09:45:07 PM »
Welcome home........lots of good ILF limbs out there, Dryad, Morrison, Sky and a bunch more. Prices vary from medium to holy cow.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Hattrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2018, 09:45:58 PM »
Thanks Tony seeing your reply sure put a smile on my face and brought back  Memories . Good hearing from you man! Hope to see you around
Bull

Offline two4hooking

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2018, 07:52:13 AM »
Good to see you back Md brother.  I miss living in Westminster. Maybe I'll see you around.

Greg

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2018, 12:41:06 PM »
Welcome home.
Sam

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©