3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Que'bec bear hunt arrow found....  (Read 932 times)

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
Que'bec bear hunt arrow found....
« on: March 25, 2008, 11:56:00 AM »
wow I really had to do some digging...But I found one.I was getting a little worried with the Que'bec bear hunt right around the corner.But I found one in my stash box...1/4" X 9/32" 61# spine tapperd Bill Sweetland Forgewood weighting in at 540 grains with a head shrinker and Bear razorhead mounted.....That should do the job out of my 50# Bear Take Down huh? I was just wondering what type of arrows and broadheads some of you other gangers will be using in La Tuque come June.....see ya soon.bowdoc

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Que'bec bear hunt arrow found....
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 12:08:00 PM »
Dang Doc! That's all class right there...that setup suits you well brother.

I will be shooting my Morrison Shawnee with foam/carbon longbow limbs, probably the 59#@27 set, Beman mfx340 carbon arrow, total arrow weight with 200gr head will be 570gr. Haven't decided on what I'll hang on the end but right now leaning towards a 160 Snuffer weighted to 200.

Alternate would be the same bow with 64@27 limbs, Beman axis 300 carbons, 100gr brass insert, 185gr 1 7/8" wide Silver flame...total arrow weight 640gr.

Too bad we don't get two tags....I'd try for one with each!

Can't come soon enough for me...lookin forward to seeing everyone again, the bears, and some more of your stories. What are we gonna eat?  :D
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 12:12:00 PM »
I will be up in Quebec in June trying for bear again.  I made up some special purpleheart footed poc arrows just for bears this year.  29" 63# spine, white caps, 4 fletch grey goose with a WW head come in at 620 grains.  That should do the trick!! dino
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 12:24:00 PM »
I will be shooting my Bob Lee recurve 56@28" but I draw almost 29".The arrows will be 2018's with a Snuffer or Bearhead w/bleeder at 550 give or take a few grains.I will probably have some 54 or 52 limbs for backup.JC I am bringing some fixins for a hen ,tasso and sausage gumbo Tom promised me a big pot, and maybe something else if my ice chest doesn't go over 50lbs.Kip

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 12:33:00 PM »
Hey BD- I'll be shooting Easton 2317s with Razorheads -630 grns. 67 lb. bow-Lord knows you've seen my bows. Got some crested up in Wildcat colors with some yellow and blue dyed wild turkey feathers with blue speed nocks all ready for those monsters you and Jeff and Tom keep talking about. Can't wait.        Grant

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 12:58:00 PM »
That darn bear last year broke my other Sweetland when the little bas%$#@ stepped on it...I'am low on them now...but the results taste great.....JC I would like to leave tomorrow no kidding dude,I need a vacation really bad this year.I got some great new idea's for dinner.Plus Tom is going to try and get a big 3 burner camp stove..That way we can cook outside instead of in that hot cabin.We will also need to catch about 34 walleye and pike.I got a great new recipe for cooking em.Dino I gotta tell ya,I'am almost out of forgewoods forever now...my next choice for arrows are just what you got posted.....I love them purple heart footings and they are tougher then nails too.Rod Leary who comes to our shoot next month makes some really nice footed shafts with purple heart and I may have to break down and buy or trade him out of a dozen or two.  bowdoc

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 01:09:00 PM »
Don; where do you fly to in quebec  from Seattle??

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 01:17:00 PM »
Sergio...I fly into Albany NY then Tom picks me up and I stay at his place one or two nights before heading into the Canadian bush...It's a long trip for me...but I always think it's just a part of the adventure...bowdoc

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 01:19:00 PM »
Hey Don, you'll only be two hours away when you hit Albany. Would be cool to meet you in the flesh.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 01:27:00 PM »
Bow to be determined yet at this point.  I have one in the works that would sure get moved up to the starting line up if it were done by then.  Otherwise, maybe a selfbow.  Either way, one of Woody's stone points is going for a ride on the end of a cedar shaft.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Online PV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 01:50:00 PM »
Beman 360-16 with a 175gr magnus total arrow weight 500gr. Bow TBD. 3pc Longbow somewhere between 50# and 61#. Been playing with limb materials and tapers this winter.
I'll be bringing 10-15# of bear summer sausage from the bear I got in ID last year on a hunt with some other tradgangers.Looking forward to meeting you guys.
Paul

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 02:10:00 PM »
I will probably be shooting a 55# dale Dye and carbons with Woodsman heads. What week is everyone on, I am in the first week.
PBS regular Member,
but most importantly father to my two girls !
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 02:18:00 PM »
Kip, AAIIIEEEEEE! Bring us a hunk of good andouille too, s'il vous plait? Ain't had none no good since the last boucherie when I was a young'n. We gon pass a good time in Kaybec, I garontee!

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 02:24:00 PM »
V13,that would be cool.I will have to see what Tommy's plans are.One other thought.Do you go to Denton Hill end of July???   This is gonna be pretty cool bear hunt this year to see all the different bows arrows and broadheads guy's will be hunting with.I was going to use my selfbow,but it's like way to long.The bottom limb keeps hitting the ground..Now JC knows I love him dearly...just like my brother.Maybe more so then my brother...cause JC never kicked my butt like my brother used to,well not yet....And I would never ever want to insult him in anyway,well cause it may end up like my brother..But what ever he said about the bow and arrows he is bringing...I swear to every one of you guy's right now...I have no idea what he said..I'am not kidding...bsx form something..he lost me about 16 years ago...But I will bet on this.I bet the boy will be driveing nails with it when he gets to Que'bec...whatever it is...Can't wait to see it JC...I love ya man....bowdoc

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 02:32:00 PM »
Tom, I'll be there the first week as will Bowdoc-he'll be there both weeks. A total of eight Tradgangers will be in camp if I did the count right. Tom will give you a list. You really couldn't lose with either lineup, IMO. Look forward to meeting you.          Grant

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 02:40:00 PM »
Bowdoc, you guys are gonna' have a great trip!
I have several Sweetlands in the same spec you mentioned.
I would be honored if you shot a bear with one of them......and just return the ones left over at the end of your trip. I have a dozen that won't be seeing action any time soon.

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 03:03:00 PM »
LOL BowDoc, I could never take offense to anything you say, cause I know you only shoot one way: straight from the heart.   :thumbsup:  Lookin forward to catching you up on the last sixteen years   :biglaugh:  

Thomas, Whip, Tippit and I will be on the 2nd week...not sure who else besides Tom and BowDoc. I hope Royboy, Allen, Eric and all the rest of last year's crew will be there...

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2008, 03:21:00 PM »
JC  It would please me very much to bring you some andouille if I can find the real kind not some stuff they call andouille.I am going the second week and really looking forward to meeting all of you ,in fact about to go crazy over here my wife almost cannot stand me now she will have a rough May.I have a room booked in Albany the nite of the 21st. if anyone needs to crash before driving out or flying out let me know.Kip

Offline nyhunter73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2008, 03:21:00 PM »
JC,
I will be there both weeks doing my best to help Tom get everyone a bear. Lloyd and Eric will also be there both weeks.
Bowdoc,
I will be shooting my Bowdoc custumized, Holcomb 59 replica. Arrows will be my first ever attempt at custom woods made with some alaskan yellow cedar shafts I won at the JLMBH bunny hunt(donated by Ghost Rob). They will be tipped with Wensel Woodsmans of course.
Allen

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2008, 03:51:00 PM »
sounds like a good time, how many of y'all will be at the PBS this weekend?
PBS regular Member,
but most importantly father to my two girls !
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©