3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Que'bec bear hunt arrow found....  (Read 931 times)

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Que'bec bear hunt arrow found....
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2008, 04:23:00 PM »
Too bad it's so far to la tuque from where i live in northeastern ontario (741 miles) or i'd drive over for a weekend of good company and laughs.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2008, 05:02:00 PM »
Wow BJ thank you,but the Bills I had I kinda got through Nothwest Archery some years back...I was hopeing to get Glenn to maybe sign this one before I go.But thank you so much for the offer...you da man.I am not sure on all the names JC but a couple new ones this year.....JR I put the mojo on that bow for you my brother...Hogdancer if there were anyway I could have made the trip I would love to have.Sergio 741 miles is a long haul..Maybe somehow we could meet along the road somewhere ??? bowdoc

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2008, 05:18:00 PM »
I'll be there first week and for my third straight year adventure with the greatest bear guide ever: Tom "ImDiablo" Phillips (I'm not sucking up-he has my money already-     :help:      
I am sorry that all the guys from last year won't be going the same week but we can all chow down together in camp on Saturday before the first week boys take off for the States with the furriest, biggest, bears!    :goldtooth:  
I'll be goin' again with my Border Black Douglas Swift, 61#@28 with GT's at about 545gr and Wensel's. Can't wait!
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2008, 09:02:00 PM »
I'll be there the first week too but I'm torn on which bow to bring. I've got a '68 Grizzly (my birth year) and I thought it would be cool to take my first bear with that old bear and a bear razor head. The other option is my original Silvertip......
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2008, 09:03:00 PM »
hi Don; good idea perhaps Ottawa?? I'll check out the dates. I would really like to be there , even just to video!
      Sergio

Offline Tom Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
    • BISON GEAR PACKS
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2008, 09:52:00 PM »
Howdy Gents,
 Glad to see you guys are getting Stoked for the BEAR Quest.Things are going good on my end here with rounding up bait,getting things in order etc..
If anyone was wondering who is going on what weeks here it is:
 1st week:Tom,Allen Shelton(NY),Lloyd Busch(Ma),Eric Ackerman(NY),Bowdoc(Seattle,Wa)(camp cook),Bob Walker,Mike Weatherford (Ar.), CJ Pearson (Ga.),Brent Bassi(NY),Mike Walker(Va.),Steve Tottingham(Eastern,Ma),Grant Young(KY),Barry Wensel(BIG BUCK COUNTRY-Iowa),Thomas Burns(MS).
BISON GEAR PACKS
https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=bison%20gear%20packs

TGMM Family of the Bow * PBS * P&Y
 * Massachusetts Bowhunters * NRA
 * Compton Traditional Bowhunters *
 * N.A.H.C. * N.Y.Bowhunters *
  * N.J.Bowhunters *

Offline Tom Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
    • BISON GEAR PACKS
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2008, 10:00:00 PM »
Bear Quest 2nd Week HUNTERS: Myself,Allen,Eric,Lloyd,Bowdoc,Jeff "Tippit" Springer,JC Coots,Joe "Whip" Lasch(WI),John "Jay" Addair(VA),Paul VanVaerenewyck(Eastern,Ma),Kip Manuel(La),Ken Ejk(Pa),larry Altizer(WV),Steve McGee(WI),Nate Yazel(IN)

And for those wondering about the grub we will have some great table fare ranging from homemade Seattle Pancakes w/REAL MAPLE Syrup,Irish Stew,Juicy Steak to Authentic CAJUN Gumbo and the list goes on.............hopin some fresh Copper River Salmon might make into the bush with us :-)
BISON GEAR PACKS

* N.J.Bowhunters *

Offline Bob Walker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2008, 10:47:00 PM »
I'm working on a bow/arrow set up for this year right now. I'll try to have pics tomorrow and ya'll tell me what you think......

Oh, and Steve, we'll be able to reach a better "Balance" with MM.........

Border Bound Bob
Philippians 4:13

TGMM - Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2008, 11:21:00 PM »
Whip, You're not thinking of bringing a certain PBS selfbow made by some guy named Walt by any chance are you  :scared:  

That one is probably going to be propelling one of my arrows  :bigsmyl:  Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2008, 11:24:00 PM »
hogdancer,
Tom, Whip, and I will be at PBS...Just keep an eye on Whip for me when Walt's bow goes up for auction  :thumbsup:  Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2008, 08:20:00 AM »
Yahooooooo we gonna have some fun lady's.....triple B I want to see them pics of that new bow today.bbassi come on now...your birth date is 1968 your reg.number is 8068 and your not sure of which of those two bows to use??? We need ta talk.Me and Grant know what we gonna be shooting huh Grant.Taken bears down with Bear take downs..Sergio talk with Tommy and see if we will pass by near enough to stop somewhere for breakfast on the way up...Balance does balance have something to do with Ray falling off the table last year ??? Tom does Paula got my room ready yet? see ya all real soon...bowdoc

Offline Tom Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
    • BISON GEAR PACKS
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2008, 09:43:00 AM »
Bowdaddy,
 MY bride has the extra DOG PEN all set for you,fresh linen,nice cedar bed.You will get along great with Seamus,Sean,Robbie & Fergus !!!!Bring your ear plugs Seamus snores :-)
BISON GEAR PACKS

* N.J.Bowhunters *

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2008, 10:35:00 AM »
Oh yeah ear plugs,I won't need no stinking ear plugs.....I don't think I will be sleeping in no dogs houses eather...You know when Paula meets the 6'5" ripped with layers of muscles from head to toe and long flowing loc's of hair with snow white teeth bowdoc....things may change son....I got Ron working on some sea food for us...salmon halibut shrimp and king crap...possibley now I say possibley....But it's spendy to say the least right now..so I may just bring the normal one large trout.Oh yeah,we gonna have some fun this year girls....See ya soon bowdoc

Offline Bob Walker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2008, 02:51:00 PM »
Hey Don,
You got that right bro, we's gonna have some fun!! You be sure and bring that "special" weighted arrow we talked about last year...... Otherwise, here's what I worked out for a bear bow and arrow combo for this year's quest...Whatcha think????

Will it win another knife?
Philippians 4:13

TGMM - Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2008, 03:09:00 PM »
I don't know what to say...thats pretty darn nice looking there brother...Is that elk antler riser ??? and stone head? sweet..I got that 2413 easton packed bud....And you ai'nt kidding were gonna have fun.We got to do some fishing this trip too.I may leave tomorrow and just go sleep on Tom's sofa for the next 2 months I'am so amped...see ya soon,bowdoc

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2008, 03:20:00 PM »
WOW!! Bob, that is beautiful. Talk about a work of art. I can't wait to see it in action. I just spoke to Mike Weatherford and he is getting ready. This is going to be another fine hunt.

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2008, 07:01:00 PM »
Beautiful bow Bob-give us the specs.

Originally posted by the real bowdoc:
Taken bears down with Bear take downs..
Bowdoc, you be a poet-is that one of those Japanese haikus or something? You bringing some sonnets and a ukele with ya? I can see ya outside Paula's window already!   :D
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2008, 09:35:00 PM »
I am working on a new recurve.  Bubinga handle, probably black glass.  Nothing too fancy.  Should come out about 70# maybe a pound or two under.  Also have some purpleheart footed shafts made up just waiting for some action.

Offline Tom Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
    • BISON GEAR PACKS
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2008, 10:06:00 PM »
Meathead,
   Footed shafts those are SWEET !!!!!!   Do you make many bows ?

P.S. I just got done unloading another load of Hostess Goodies that need to be unwrapped and repacked !! Gotta get stink baits brewin pretty quick.

There is still just under 2 feet of snow in the woods behind my house !!
BISON GEAR PACKS

* N.J.Bowhunters *

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2008, 10:36:00 PM »
I only make 3 or 4 bows a year.  Just something to do in the slow months.  

The snow is done here, but it won't stop raining.  Seems like it rains every other day.  

Turkeys have been gobbling here for about a week.  I'll be chasing them around in about a month.  Man they taste good.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©