3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Black Widow Bow Help. Don Pease are you out there?  (Read 5105 times)

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Black Widow Bow Help. Don Pease are you out there?
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2018, 04:47:34 PM »
I say go for it. Worst case is some years from now if you want new limbs you have to have the riser updated. That bow is made for FF strings as well. BW upgraded their limbs in late 80’s, early 90’s. I have a VCR tape around here somewhere from BW on tuning and a segment where an employee steps on a limb and bends it backwards. Only issue I ever heard of was a Bocate riser having drying cracks. They replaced it of course. But it was more the wood itself and the ultra dry climate than the construction of the bow.

Offline dresnor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2018, 05:03:45 PM »
Does anyone know the woods used to make this bow?

Jeremy

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2018, 05:32:12 PM »
It’s made out of their autumn oak actionwood. They use birch now but this one may be maple, not sure. In either case it’s a dyed laminated wood. It’s a nice bow but I think $600 is on the high side for it. You can get a newer one (used of course)for close to the same, in my opinion. That said, if you feel like you are getting a good deal and are happy with it by all means go for it. It’s a great bow that will serve you for a long time.

Online STICKBENDER98

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2018, 07:46:00 PM »
You wont go wrong with a Widow the video says it all!!!  Good luck and happy shooting if you pull the trigger.

Jason
Too many bows to list, and so many more I want to try!  Keep the wind in your face, and your broadheads sharp.

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2018, 12:54:40 AM »
I would say $600.00 is on the high end. Regardless of the accessories for that age of a bow. 

Just my 2 cents.

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2018, 10:36:09 AM »
Seems high end price. . .  that being said- they are quite a tool!! 

I have shot my SA Autumn Oak for 25 years now!  62". 55# @ 31.  My ONE AND ONLY hunting bow all these years.  Shot plenty of critters.  Ran over it with my truck. . . bent the original Delta quiver, ruined all the arrows, blew the string off the twisting limbs. . . Fixed the quiver (still on it today), got new arrows, restrung. . . and I was back hunting that afternoon.  Dropped it from a 16 ft treestand. . . bounced on rear limb 6 ft. in the air and somersaults across the ground. . .  retrieved it. . . continued hunting with that very day.  Broke a limb tip layer off on a rock. . .  glued a new phenolic tip back on it. . . back in business.  Dropped and bumped more times than I care to admit.  Refinished 3 times.   Still going strong. . .
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline TradBowyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2018, 11:13:58 AM »
If you really like the bow, the extra $100 won't be an issue. Just read the postings of those that had bows, got rid of them and now are wishing they hadn't. Makes $100 seem a little small in those regards

Offline Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2018, 12:15:44 PM »
Or another way to look at it.  New limbs today are $645.  You are buying limbs and getting the riser and all the accessories for free.  Really, if you are happy with the bow is all that matters.

Online doubleo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2018, 01:39:58 PM »
Don't try what Toby did at home! Lol! Black Widows are known for being tough and dependable bows! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Wisconsin Traditional Archers Member

GCook

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2018, 01:43:17 PM »
Seems high end price. . .  that being said- they are quite a tool!! 

I have shot my SA Autumn Oak for 25 years now!  62". 55# @ 31.  My ONE AND ONLY hunting bow all these years.  Shot plenty of critters.  Ran over it with my truck. . . bent the original Delta quiver, ruined all the arrows, blew the string off the twisting limbs. . . Fixed the quiver (still on it today), got new arrows, restrung. . . and I was back hunting that afternoon.  Dropped it from a 16 ft treestand. . . bounced on rear limb 6 ft. in the air and somersaults across the ground. . .  retrieved it. . . continued hunting with that very day.  Broke a limb tip layer off on a rock. . .  glued a new phenolic tip back on it. . . back in business.  Dropped and bumped more times than I care to admit.  Refinished 3 times.   Still going strong. . .
Memo to me.  Don't buy a used bow from this fella.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Offline Bvas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2018, 01:48:58 PM »
What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^X2
 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Some hunt to survive; some survive to hunt

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2018, 03:07:28 PM »
You guys kill me! :bigsmyl:  :biglaugh:
Of course, look what this "seasoned" honey has accomplished (25 year old quiver and all!). . .  and she has claimed many more.
Besides all that- this bow was a gift from a small group of special friends to me.  Tell you what- I will sell it for $3000 tyd.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 03:19:04 PM by KSdan »
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline dresnor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2018, 04:01:12 PM »
I think I am going to go for it. Thank you all for the help and praises of the bow.

As for the price being a bit on the high side. I get great treatment and free stuff from this bow shop. I will recoupe my money one way or another.

I will post pics when I pick it up.

Jeremy

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2018, 04:15:26 PM »
Good Luck.  But I think $600 is definitely on the high side.  Ive seen a lot nicer bows that sold for less on here.  And Ive sold nicer bows for less.

Online STICKBENDER98

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2018, 08:50:21 PM »
You guys kill me!   
Of course, look what this "seasoned" honey has accomplished (25 year old quiver and all!). . .  and she has claimed many more.
Besides all that- this bow was a gift from a small group of special friends to me.  Tell you what- I will sell it for $3000 tyd.

With all that MOJO, it just might be worth it!!!!! :archer:
Too many bows to list, and so many more I want to try!  Keep the wind in your face, and your broadheads sharp.

GCook

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2018, 10:14:02 PM »
KSdan it looks like you've got a proven track record with that bow.  If I ever have one like that I'll be buried with it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2018, 10:25:01 PM »
KSdan it looks like you've got a proven track record with that bow.  If I ever have one like that I'll be buried with it.

:thumbsup:  If not buried with it, hopefully a family heirloom!   I have nothing to compare it to, but the same bow and arrow set up for all these years pretty much becomes an extension of me.

Dan in KS   

Offline Huntschool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2018, 12:11:01 PM »
I have a much older non ff model with the old frost finish which I would not sell for any amount. These bows are work horses. I have left it strung for prolonged periods of time with now weight loss, just a few twists of a slightly stretched string.

Enjoy your bow
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 12:18:39 PM by Huntschool »
Bruce A. Hering
Program Coordinator (retired)
Southeastern Illinois College
NSCA Level III Instructor
Black Widow Bows
AMM 761

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©