3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Target Panic!!!  (Read 2970 times)

Offline Yellow Dog

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Target Panic!!!
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2018, 08:11:29 AM »
Several years ago, while we were out doing some yard work, my wife stepped on a nest in the field behind our barn. She panicked and ran back into the yard and got on the ground in a little ball. I saw her back there, grabbed her and ran her into the house. Peeled her shirt off and started pulling them out of her hair while they were still stinging her. End result was around 40 stings and she got pretty nauseous from that much wasp venom.

That night once it was dark and they were back in the nest, I ventured back there with a flashlight and found the scene of the crime. A hole in the ground about the size of an egg and dumped about a half gallon of gas into it.

The next morning I went back to see if there was anymore activity, nothing but a mound of dead ones piled up around the entrance. Out of curiosity I took a shovel and dug the nest out. I was amazed at the size of this thing, 10" in diameter and cone stacked on top of each other for about two feet down. I was shocked.....

:scared: :scared: :scared:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2018, 09:47:36 AM »
Last summer I discovered a volley ball size yellow jacket nest above my suspended ceiling in our basement game room. When I slid the panel back and saw it I told my wife "I think we need a bigger boat!".

After getting nailed three times I went back in with ski mask, hoodie, leather gloves, all gaps were duct taped. I considered taming them with a whip and a chair. Can of Black Flag in one hand, shop vac in the other, I was spraying and sucking them up almost as fast as they poured out. It took two weeks to round up all the stragglers.

There's no place to run when they are in the house!
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Online STICKBENDER98

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2018, 04:16:36 PM »

Oh that's nothing Dave....

Once while in Cohutta bear hunting I walked up to the hole left by a fallen tree's root ball and I peed in a little hole.... until the Yellow Jacket started flying out ....

Lets see you try that buddy  :goldtooth:
[/quote]

HHHmmm, this is going to make me think twice before I pee in a hole again!!!   :o

Jason
Too many bows to list, and so many more I want to try!  Keep the wind in your face, and your broadheads sharp.

Online STICKBENDER98

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2018, 04:19:38 PM »
Whoops looks like I've got to work on inserting quotes... :dunno:

Jason
Too many bows to list, and so many more I want to try!  Keep the wind in your face, and your broadheads sharp.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2018, 04:27:20 PM »
Whoops looks like I've got to work on inserting quotes... :dunno:

It's easy:)

After you select the quote icon above.

You will have quote [ ] quote.

The typing cursor will be flashing between those two [ ].

Place your mouse cursor in between them and right click, then paste, but you have to copy the quote you want first.

pavan

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2018, 06:34:06 PM »
I had a serious case of TP just a little while ago. I was mowing my yard, my target is one 4' by 4' by 5' high soy bean seed crate.  I have a 4' by 4' by 4' color pallet bead crate of the same construction that I got from Vogel Paints one top of that, I like to shoot at tossed things, both stuffed with used silage plastic.  I was re arranging them, as they were looking tilted, when out from between about 400 earwigs came boiling out.  Remember that Startrec 'Rath of Con', when they put one in the Russian guy's ear and it came out the other ear?  Actually, they are just a nuisance and not dangerous, I was just being a wimp.  But then the good part. I was discussing the earwigs with my neighbor while he was standing on a rather large ant mound.  I'll give the guy one thing, he is one hell of a dancer for is age, at least he didn't drop his pants in public, I would have.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©