3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Actionboo vs amberboo ?  (Read 1183 times)

Offline sbschindler

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Actionboo vs amberboo ?
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2008, 10:05:00 AM »
I have been following this thread with extreme interest. I have a pronghorn bow with amberloo limbs, I thought I was doing my self a favor with the amberloo account its bamboo. but now I am very confused and nervous. I guess I'm not sure what to do, Is Amberloo worthless or isn't it. how dose it rank with red elm or maple,

Offline J from Denmark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2008, 11:23:00 AM »
http://www.bambwood.com/SP_SolidBambooFlooring.htm

http://plyboo.com/flooring.html#

Links to flooring companies.
the last one is the one Brandon uses and they use a heattreating process to give the amberboo its color. I think its the same process as all the other flooring companies uses. Its called carbonization.

Howler I dont think you have to worry.
I know from my own limbs that the speed is excatly the same !
The only concern I have is regarding what Bob has experienced.
But there is many bows made with amberboo without problems though.

Brandon, as I said, your amberboo looks lighter colored then the amberboo on my bow.
Is that correct, or does the pics just make your amberboo look lightercolored ?
( I am ofcourse interested in finding out if its the same kind of product or not )

Offline Brandon Stahl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2008, 12:00:00 PM »

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2008, 12:10:00 PM »
J, I see there are two different limbs there.  One is a PSA(or PMA) with the phenolic and the other is an SA(or MA) without.  Did you order both of these new from BW.  The reason I ask is that I believe the lighter colored one is like all of the Widows I've had with bamboo in the core.  Possibly the other one was ordered darker and stained by BW to accomodate the person.  Just a thought, I guess if you bought it new though that goes out the window...Mike

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2008, 12:12:00 PM »
Oh and I did read on BW website someone's comment about the new limbs being darker than the older limbs.  They thought the lighter limbs looked nicer.  I could probably find that for you if interested in reading it...Mike

Offline J from Denmark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2008, 12:48:00 PM »
Moose
They are both pma, I just ordered the one of them without the phenolic.
I ordered/bought them both from widow and the darker ones are not stained differently then normal, the boo simply is darker.
My main problem is actually that all my other widows are with the light colored bamboo like you have also noticed on your bows and it really bugs me that my newest limbs ( the ones ordered with phenolic ) are way darker in the boo and it doesnt match the bamboo in my risers when I put the new limbs on there.
Widow tells me that they have always used the same amberboo !?! Well, it certainly doesnt look the same to me !
That was me on widowwall by the way !

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2008, 12:50:00 PM »
Guess you don't need me to find it for you then, lol.  That was my only idea, so I guess I'm no help, sorry...Mike

Online Jason Kendall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2008, 01:36:00 PM »
I buy the stuff 6 sheets at a time, 12 inches wide and 6 foot long, every sheet varies a little like the bows you have pictured. Some sheets are a lot darker than others.

Offline J from Denmark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2008, 05:36:00 PM »
Mike, thanks for trying

Jason, I guess that must be the answer. the sheets just vary between colors even though you order the same product.

Roger from BW told me that they have different colorvariations in the same shipments so I guess a guy just have to order the color he wants when ordering a new bow !

Jason, I have just checked out your bows. the amberboo you use looks like the same color as the boo in my latest bw limb.
Nice to hear that you havnt had any problems !
Where do you get yours ?
can you see any difference between the qualities of the darker and the lighter sheets ?

Thanks
J

Online Jason Kendall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2008, 06:06:00 PM »
I cant tell any diff between the color shades, they all seem to work well. Every once in a while I will have a lamination crack after grinding it but a lot of natural woods do too, I flex check them all before glue up to make sure they are all strong and not splitting. I have only had a few laminations split at the seem. Never a problem with a glued up bow. I get mine from a local flooring distributor. He gets it from All-Tile.

Offline ratgunner

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2008, 06:35:00 PM »
SHeesh,I just bought a Kanati and some of these comments about amberboo had me worried a bit.Thanks Jason for clearing that up.
TGMM "Brotherhood of the Bow"   "Family of the Bow"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©