3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Gail Martin Classic Takedown  (Read 303 times)

Offline nutmeg

• Trad Bowhunter
Gail Martin Classic Takedown
« on: March 26, 2008, 12:08:00 PM »
Does anyone own or have you owned or shot a Gail Martin Classic Takedown recurve? If so, what did   :bigsmyl:    :thumbsup:  you/do you think of it?
Rich Potter

Offline DYEBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Gail Martin Classic Takedown
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 02:08:00 AM »
awesome, I have 2

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 04:24:00 AM »
Yes I had one and was spewing when the clown who was supposed to be looking after my gear in Sydney (I was living in Thailand at that time), lost it.  I never saw it again.  I could have sold it and redeemed some of my money.

At the time the exchange rate was very bad and it cost me about $1,300 to get to Australia.

I am the wrong person to ask because you will not get a good report from me.  This was a few years ago now and I had not cottoned onto the idea of buying customs over the net.  At that stage all of my bows were Martin because that was the only brand my archery store in Sydney stocked.  I had not been enlightened at that stage.

Now I have had the opportunity to buy so many beautiful custom bows I do not look very favourably on Martin.

It seemed a big clonky bow and I reckon for the money there are so many better bows around.  Like all Martin bows I have owned it was not very refined or particularly well made.  For a recurve too it was very slow.  My Turkey Creek at the same poundage would make it look like a kid's toy.

I won't get started on the wretched Savannah that I owned because that was even worse.

Do yourself a favour and look at somethng else.

Sutto
One hour of life, crowded to the full with glorious action .... is worth whole years of those mean observances of paltry decorum, in which men steal through existence, like sluggish waters through a marsh, without either honor or observation

Offline indianalongbowshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 11:13:00 AM »
Suttoman, dont know where you are getting your bows but Ive owned a ton of Martins and Howatts and none of them were slow or had poor workmanship...Ive owned  2-3 hundred different custom and production bows over the last 5-6 yrs. and the Martins and Howatts held their own with all of them. Ive got a Super Diablo that Id put up against about any bow pound for pound. JMHO --Dean
dean/indianalongbowshooter

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©