3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Podcast with Paul Brunner  (Read 3417 times)

Offline Java Man

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Podcast with Paul Brunner
« on: August 20, 2018, 08:18:17 PM »
Y'all remember "The 8th Dwarf"?  Well Traditional Outdoors just dropped their Podcast featuring Paul Brunner. 

This episode sponsored by Java Man Archery.

Enjoy!

https://www.traditionaloutdoors.com/2018/08/19/traditional-outdoors-podcast-episode-23-an-evening-with-paul-too-short-brunner/

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Podcast with Paul Brunner
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 09:08:11 PM »
It was truly something to sit down and have a fireside chat with Paul.

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 10:06:33 PM »
Will this podcast be "R" rated? The man kills as many big bulls as anyone, especially for his age. This one pictured is either really tall or he's getting shorter! :biglaugh:  BW

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 10:22:40 PM »
Will this podcast be "R" rated? The man kills as many big bulls as anyone, especially for his age. This one pictured is either really tall or he's getting shorter! :biglaugh:  BW

No sir, he behaved himself......and we still had a blast! 😁

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 11:38:28 PM »
I just listened to his podcast. He did a fine job in my opinion. The only thing I noticed was a couple hiccups in his memory, but then again he's high mileage. He forgot about the video he, Paul Schafer and I did together back in the '80s on elk. Paul pretty much did all the narration/educational stuff; Schaf did the calling and I was the hitman. I shot a bull in his bed on film from ten yards. Obviously, Paul has hunted so many elk, is so old now, he can't remember them all.  :bigsmyl: I forgive him.  BW

Offline Holm-Made

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 01:21:28 AM »
Very good listen.
Steve and Nick, you have a very good pod cast.  Great choice of guests who give the listeners a history lesson.

Offline herd1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 06:14:41 AM »
Agreed. Great podcast with informative and entertaining guest's.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 06:43:59 AM »
Thanks for all the kind comments guys, both Nick and I appreciate the feedback. We have a lot of great content coming also in fact Thom Jorgensen and I are headed into the Wyoming Backcountry in 2 weeks and I will be carrying an audio recorder with me. We are going to try to capture something like an audio diary of the hunt along with some video footage as well. Will see how that turns out....sometimes I get tunnel vision when hunting and remember all the other stuff I wanted to do on the the last day!  :biglaugh:

Also I have also launched a YouTube Channel to bring additional content to folks as well. Most of what is there now are how to videos and this will be the bulk of the channel but hopefully there will be some fun and entertaining stuff there for folks to enjoy. If you are into such things a subscribe to that channel would be appreciated as well. You can find it at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuqqMZchIYyo1CReoV2znrw

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 11:58:12 AM »
Can't wait to hear it - when I was a kid he was the "Coolest Cat" on tv you could find. I still like snake skins on bows because of him, saw a show once of him showing you how to do it - had to have it. Think I still have a video of him making wood arrows and for some reason and can never forget a video he did on a Pennsylvania deer hunt.
Found this old video on youtube, same stuff we hear today

« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 02:34:41 PM by rraming »

huntryx

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 05:52:26 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up Gregg. Always looking for a new and interesting podcast.  I remember the line of Swanndri wool and Screaming Eagle stands he used to sell. Never bought the jacket because I thought it was unstylishly long, but it turns out that it was only long on Paul........ :bigsmyl:

Offline joe vt

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2018, 06:15:52 PM »
Very cool podcast....first I've ever heard start to finish.
~ joe vt  >>>~~~~~~~~>

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline TSP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2018, 05:21:46 PM »
I remember Brunner's older vids, they were a must watch for traditional bowhunters.  I believe he started out with Hill style bows and wood arrows (and that's what his instinctive shooting video was based on) but later decided he hated Hill bows (!),  referring to them as '2X4s'   :saywhat: :dunno:.  That's about the time I lost interest as a fan.  But anyway, the name is a blast from the past and brings back memories. 

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2018, 10:09:18 AM »
That should be an interesting listen. Thanks Gregg.

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2018, 09:39:42 AM »
Thank you for the podcast info I will listen ASAP...!  Brunner is as cool as the other side of the pillow and has been good to me for thirty years.  He built one of his superb selfbows for me in 2016.  It is awesome!  A few pics of Paul living the "life" in New Zealand where he spends half of each year. 

« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 09:40:25 PM by John3 »
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline Ranger193

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2018, 09:16:27 PM »
I listened to it yesterday and it was great.  I love their podcasts and since I just heard about them recently, I have been catching up while I spend many hours behind the wheel.  The Traditional Outdoor podcasts are well done and are full of helpful info and great hunting stories. 
"Beauty is in the eye of the bow-holder."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©